The Deep State War Heats Up :ph34r:

31 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You know how you get more Trump? 

Things like this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-mchales-presence-donald-trumps-minnesota-rally-causes-nba-stir-155440726.html

Prog-fascists posing as liberals will not be happy until there's a shooting war in the streets. 

Interesting take contained in the article that a Republicans shouldn't be able to work because they're Republicans.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

But easily remedied.  The constitutional objection boils down to having a single director that is effectively not supervised and does not report to elected officials - i.e. is in no way answerable to The People.  That's basically fixed by saying "Okay...the President can fire the CFPB director."

Interesting note to this decision, too...the defendants got destroyed.  The constitutional issue is just about the only one they won - the court's ruling amounts to "Yeah, you are guilty of every violation you were accused of.  Too bad for the CFPB that they can't enforce them."  But too bad for the defendants that the lion's share of the violations were brought by the NY AG.  :lol:

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Click for the whole thread. 

FTA:

The Obama IRS scandal is bipartisan – McCain and Democrats who wanted to regulate political speech lost at the Supreme Court, so they sought to use the IRS to harass innocent Americans,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The Obama IRS scandal is not over – as Judicial Watch continues to uncover smoking gun documents that raise questions about how the Obama administration weaponized the IRS, the FEC, FBI, and DOJ to target the First Amendment rights of Americans.”

I post a lot of articles..........................this one really has me angry.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

FTA:

The Obama IRS scandal is bipartisan – McCain and Democrats who wanted to regulate political speech lost at the Supreme Court, so they sought to use the IRS to harass innocent Americans,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The Obama IRS scandal is not over – as Judicial Watch continues to uncover smoking gun documents that raise questions about how the Obama administration weaponized the IRS, the FEC, FBI, and DOJ to target the First Amendment rights of Americans.”

I post a lot of articles..........................this one really has me angry.

McCain was at least looking to enforce a law he believed in...which was found unconstitutional and hence not enforceable.  Still, he was acting from some sort of principle, however misguided and egotistical.

Not so Obama Administration.  McCain wanted to silence everyone.  The Obama administration, just their political opponents.  I can forgive stupid arrogance like McCain's.  But not fascist arrogance like Obama's.

• Like (+1) 1

DID THE FBI FRAME FLYNN?

The criminal case against Gen. Michael Flynn for lying to FBI agents was incredibly weak. At the time, I assumed that the charges against him were based on an audio tape or court reporter’s transcript of his interview. I wrote that the transcript should be made public so that we can all judge whether anything he said was actually untrue. While Flynn ultimately pled guilty to a single count of lying to a federal investigator, he has also said publicly that he pled to that single charge because the criminal investigation was rapidly bankrupting him.

In fact, there is no verbatim record of what Flynn said to the agents who interviewed him. Consistent with normal FBI practice, as I understand it, there is no recording or transcript. Rather, the agents who conducted the interrogation summarized what Flynn said in a form FD-302. Is this summary of what Flynn (or any other witness) said accurate? Who knows? Are nuances lost? Undoubtedly. Is much of what the witness said, that may have mitigated the claim that something he said was false, omitted? Of course.

In my opinion, the likelihood of getting a criminal conviction of General Flynn on the basis of a Form 302 was vanishingly small. If the government can’t prove what Flynn said–exactly–there is no way they can convict him of what amounts to perjury. So I find Flynn’s statement that he didn’t do anything wrong, but pled guilty to a single count to preserve what little net worth he has left, to be credible.

14 hours ago, B-Man said:

DID THE FBI FRAME FLYNN?

The criminal case against Gen. Michael Flynn for lying to FBI agents was incredibly weak. At the time, I assumed that the charges against him were based on an audio tape or court reporter’s transcript of his interview. I wrote that the transcript should be made public so that we can all judge whether anything he said was actually untrue. While Flynn ultimately pled guilty to a single count of lying to a federal investigator, he has also said publicly that he pled to that single charge because the criminal investigation was rapidly bankrupting him.

In fact, there is no verbatim record of what Flynn said to the agents who interviewed him. Consistent with normal FBI practice, as I understand it, there is no recording or transcript. Rather, the agents who conducted the interrogation summarized what Flynn said in a form FD-302. Is this summary of what Flynn (or any other witness) said accurate? Who knows? Are nuances lost? Undoubtedly. Is much of what the witness said, that may have mitigated the claim that something he said was false, omitted? Of course.

In my opinion, the likelihood of getting a criminal conviction of General Flynn on the basis of a Form 302 was vanishingly small. If the government can’t prove what Flynn said–exactly–there is no way they can convict him of what amounts to perjury. So I find Flynn’s statement that he didn’t do anything wrong, but pled guilty to a single count to preserve what little net worth he has left, to be credible.

I think I mentioned somewhere that it was probably a (illegal) perjury trap, which is why I said trump would be an idiot to testify. Maybe once they clean the swamp out...

while I may not like Trump and many of his policies, I am happy to see the administration expose the corrupt nature of our system, at least part of it. I have to disagree with how many characterize it as "the left" or liberals; the corruption knows no party bounds. As I mentioned to joe6pack, Bernie is the left, and they were also the victims of hrc and the dnc center. 

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 4

34 minutes ago, TPS said:

I think I mentioned somewhere that it was probably a (illegal) perjury trap, which is why I said trump would be an idiot to testify. Maybe once they clean the swamp out...

while I may not like Trump and many of his policies, I am happy to see the administration expose the corrupt nature of our system, at least part of it. I have to disagree with how many characterize it as "the left" or liberals; the corruption knows no party bounds. As I mentioned to joe6pack, Bernie is the left, and they were also the victims of hrs and the dnc center. 

Well summarized.

It's not a left vs. right issue.  It's an issue of entrenchment, and the merger of polity and fiefdom. 

Power consolidates, and then enriches and protects itself.

These people attend the same schools, are members of the same societies, travel in the same social circles.  They golf and dine together.  Much of the traditional pre-Trump divide was/is kabuki theater intended to fracture the country with manufactured outrage on both sides in order to build permanent baronies.

As Carlin once said:  "It's a big club, and you ain't in it."

Edited by TakeYouToTasker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1