Uproxx "infiltrates" the Bills Mafia

http://uproxx.com/sports/buffalo-bills-playoff-drought-dysfunction/4/

This article is hilarious to me because it's written from a non-fan perspective and I find it refreshing. Enjoy!

A defining quote:

“This is the Bills, we’re used to it. You get used to it,” Vail said. “You’re disappointed, but you get over it and it’s still our team and you get to see NFL football.

It's this. This mentality that has enveloped the Bills Organization from owner to waterboy to people porking in the parking lot.

This is why this team is a perennial punching bag.

Why do we support this garbage?

Because we love our Bills.

Unless this culture changes it will be like this for another 17 years. After that tire fire of a press conference and the fact that any decent coach would avoid this job like the plague I see no improvement.

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

This article is hilarious to me because it's written from a non-fan perspective and I find it refreshing. Enjoy!

A defining quote:

“This is the Bills, we’re used to it. You get used to it,” Vail said. “You’re disappointed, but you get over it and it’s still our team and you get to see NFL football.

It's this. This mentality that has enveloped the Bills Organization from owner to waterboy to people porking in the parking lot.

Unless this culture changes it will be like this for another 17 years. After that tire fire of a press conference and the fact that any decent coach would avoid this job like the plague I see no improvement.

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

100% correct. The fans love a loser. Keep buying tickets and merch out of fear. Why would they change anything ever?

"The Buffalo Bills are uniquely terrible because they’ve somehow never been decent enough to stumble into the postseason or bad enough to draft well and bounce back in a big way."

This kind of bummed me out. You'd think in 17 years we could have been bad enough to luck into a decent 1st rd QB - oh wait, Ej is the only one we've even drafted this DECADE. Here are our 1st rd picks since the drought started:

2016 Shaw Lawson DE

2015 No Pick

2014 Sammy Watkins WR

2013 EJ Manuel QB

2012 Stephon Gilmore CB

2011 Marcell Dareus DT

2010 C.J. Spiller RB

2009 Aaron Maybin DE

2009 Eric Wood C

2008 Leodis McKelvin CB

2007 Marshawn Lynch RB

2006 Donte Whitner SS

2006 John McCargo DT

2005 No Pick--

2004 Lee Evans WR

2004 J.P. Losman QB

2003 Willis McGahee RB

2002 Mike Williams T Texas

2001 Nate Clements CB

2000 Erik Flowers DE

Edited by ndirish1978

"The Buffalo Bills are uniquely terrible because they’ve somehow never been decent enough to stumble into the postseason or bad enough to draft well and bounce back in a big way."

This kind of bummed me out. You'd think in 17 years we could have been bad enough to luck into a decent 1st rd QB - oh wait, Ej is the only one we've even drafted this DECADE. Here are our 1st rd picks since the drought started:

2016 Shaw Lawson DE

2015 No Pick

2014 Sammy Watkins WR

2013 EJ Manuel QB

2012 Stephon Gilmore CB

2011 Marcell Dareus DT

2010 C.J. Spiller RB

2009 Aaron Maybin DE

2009 Eric Wood C

2008 Leodis McKelvin CB

2007 Marshawn Lynch RB

2006 Donte Whitner SS

2006 John McCargo DT

2005 No Pick--

2004 Lee Evans WR

2004 J.P. Losman QB

2003 Willis McGahee RB

2001 Nate Clements CB

2000 Erik Flowers DE

not counting our first 3 picks...

looking at this...

amazing that only 4 are in the league. and eric wood and mckelvin of those 4 are no better than mediocre.

2016 Shaw Lawson DE

2015 No Pick

2014 Sammy Watkins WR

2013 EJ Manuel QB

2012 Stephon Gilmore CB

2011 Marcell Dareus DT

2010 C.J. Spiller RB

2009 Aaron Maybin DE

2009 Eric Wood C

2008 Leodis McKelvin CB

2007 Marshawn Lynch RB

2006 Donte Whitner SS

2006 John McCargo DT

2005 No Pick--

2004 Lee Evans WR

2004 J.P. Losman QB

2003 Willis McGahee RB

2001 Nate Clements CB

2000 Erik Flowers DE

This post is awesome, why are we so naive?

A defining quote:

GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!!!

It's all media bull ****. They are just making **** up. The Pegulas told us from the very beginning that both Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley report directly to them. Rex did not work for Whaley. The owner fired him. Now the GM has to replace him. There is no news here. The reporting structure worked exaclty like it was supposed to. Maybe next coach will report directly to Whaley, maybe not. One thing's for sure. Only his boss can fire him.

not counting our first 3 picks...

looking at this...

amazing that only 4 are in the league. and eric wood and mckelvin of those 4 are no better than mediocre.

Exactly, again why are we so naive?

It's all media bull ****. They are just making **** up. The Pegulas told us from the very beginning that both Rex Ryan and Doug Whaley report directly to them. Rex did not work for Whaley. The owner fired him. Now the GM has to replace him. There is no news here. The reporting structure worked exaclty like it was supposed to. Maybe next coach will report directly to Whaley, maybe not. One thing's for sure. Only his boss can fire him.

Yup, read this and understand why we suck; your average Bills fan!

This wasn't written by anyone purporting to be a member of "the media" just a writer on a pop-culture website.

2016 Shaw Lawson DE

2015 No Pick

2014 Sammy Watkins WR

2013 EJ Manuel QB

2012 Stephon Gilmore CB

2011 Marcell Dareus DT

2010 C.J. Spiller RB

2009 Aaron Maybin DE

2009 Eric Wood C

2008 Leodis McKelvin CB

2007 Marshawn Lynch RB

2006 Donte Whitner SS

2006 John McCargo DT

2005 No Pick--

2004 Lee Evans WR

2004 J.P. Losman QB

2003 Willis McGahee RB

2001 Nate Clements CB

2000 Erik Flowers DE

Wow, did Whaley pick all those?

Exactly, again why are we so naive?

Yup, read this and understand why we suck; your average Bills fan!

because you need to look at other teams...

just a random team:

Saints:
2010 - cam jordan - 2010 all pro 2x pro bowler.
2011 - mark ingram jr - has not yet broke 1,000 yards. other than a 964 yard effort his best was 769 and not started an entire season yet.
2012 - traded for ^
2013 - kenny vaccaro - a terribly up and down player with drug isuses.
2014 - brandin cooks - injuries to start career but racking up yards by a future hof'er
2015 - andrus peat - injury plagued, and filled in at LT due to injury of starter
2015 - stephone anthony - barely played this year, didn't start.
2016 - sheldon rankins - ir
who there is doing anything worth a crap? but all those players are still on the Bills team.