Russ Brandon finally getting flak in the national media

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/russ-brandon-still-looms-over-bills-football-operations/

Looks like someone has a major bone to pick with the Bills FO, this is like the 5th takedown job they've put up in the past couple of days at PFT. I mean yes, it's mostly all true, but it's not new news, it's just all of a sudden important for some reason.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest of National Media: "Who's Russ Brandon?"

Best part, from the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills: “[H]e’s in charge of all — yeah, I don’t even know what he’s in charge of,” Whaley said. “I just know he’s in charge of a lot"

Whaley is looking more and more clueless with every interview. The Pegulas have to put a lockdown on Doug.

Edited by Mr. WEO

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/03/russ-brandon-still-looms-over-bills-football-operations/

Looks like someone has a major bone to pick with the Bills FO, this is like the 5th takedown job they've put up in the past couple of days at PFT. I mean yes, it's mostly all true, but it's not new news, it's just all of a sudden important for some reason.

I doubt he has a bone to pick. He's just looking at the evidence in front of him. The press conference yesterday was big national news in the football world, and not in a good way.

I doubt he has a bone to pick. He's just looking at the evidence in front of him. The press conference yesterday was big national news in the football world, and not in a good way.

Easy pickins' -- I don't think the "real" football world gave it much of a 2nd thought. Just the talking heads and casual fans -- and local Buffalo media who can't seem to figure out a pretty clear explanation.

Edited by eball

Easy pickins' -- I don't think the "real" football world gave it much of a 2nd thought. Just the talking heads and casual fans -- and local Buffalo media who can't seem to figure out a pretty clear explanation.

You're not paying attention. It's big news pretty much everywhere. See Jenny Vrentas' new story up on mmqb right now. There are a lot of other examples. And yes, the media is part of the "real" football world - it pays all of those salaries at the end of the day.

Rest of National Media: "Who's Russ Brandon?"

Best part, from the General Manager of the Buffalo Bills: [H]es in charge of all yeah, I dont even know what hes in charge of, Whaley said. I just know hes in charge of a lot"

Whaley is looking more and more clueless with every interview. The Pegulas have to put a lockdown on Doug.

Apparently nobody knows who is in charge of what at OBD. From outside looking in, its dysfunctional. Perception is reality unfortunately.

The "real" football world doesn't thinks it's strange for a GM to say in a press conference that he did not know that his HC was being fired?

Happens all the time, right?

You're not paying attention. It's big news pretty much everywhere. See Jenny Vrentas' new story up on mmqb right now. There are a lot of other examples. And yes, the media is part of the "real" football world - it pays all of those salaries at the end of the day.

I just commented on the MMQB story, which is very fair and not sniping.

The playoffs are coming up. You think anyone outside of Buffalo cares about the Bills end of the season presser other than just to have an excuse to make fun of a team they barely watch? There are literally 10 things that happened yesterday that were bigger "national news." Russ Brandon was mentioned at the presser in passing, the fact that there are now articles being written by national media insinuating he's pulling the strings behind the scenes indicates someone pointed them in Russ' direction.

The "real" football world doesn't thinks it's strange for a GM to say in a press conference that he did not know that his HC was being fired?

Happens all the time, right?

In a real football world, coaches hold their team's interests ahead of their son's bowl games

The playoffs are coming up. You think anyone outside of Buffalo cares about the Bills end of the season presser other than just to have an excuse to make fun of a team they barely watch? There are literally 10 things that happened yesterday that were bigger "national news." Russ Brandon was mentioned at the presser in passing, the fact that there are now articles being written by national media insinuating he's pulling the strings behind the scenes indicates someone pointed them in Russ' direction.

... yet the Bills were the biggest story yesterday afternoon among national reporters, if twitter is a reliable barometer (and I think it is). The Bills were definitely trending yesterday ...

In a real football world, coaches hold their team's interests ahead of their son's bowl games

As I said elsewhere, I wouldn't be shocked if Rex pushed for the firing before week 17 so he could see the Clemson game. Does anyone know if he attended?

You could also read the quote “[H]e’s in charge of all — yeah, I don’t even know what he’s in charge of,” Whaley said. “I just know he’s in charge of a lot"

As he's the President of two major sports teams, so he's doing so much, I don't even know WHAT all he's doing. Heck, I describe my own job that way sometimes...