Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

I answer questions all the time. 

I'm sure you answer your momma when she asks you if you wiped, washed your hands and turned the bathroom fan on. Other than that, if you don't skirt around questions here you just flat out ignore them.

24 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm sure you answer your momma when she asks you if you wiped, washed your hands and turned the bathroom fan on. Other than that, if you don't skirt around questions here you just flat out ignore them.

I get asked so much I can't answer all the questions, many of which are just silly questions based upon Trumpian propaganda. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I get asked so much I can't answer all the questions, many of which are just silly questions based upon Trumpian propaganda. 

Maybe if your mother could trust you she wouldn't have to ask all those questions whenever you take a dump. 

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Maybe if your mother could trust you she wouldn't have to ask all those questions whenever you take a dump. 

You Trump supporters are know nothings. That's why you need to start talking about people's mothers. What a friggin total loser you are. 

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You take quite an interest in his dumps. Looking for long lost family members? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

You Trump supporters are know nothings. That's why you need to start talking about people's mothers. What a friggin total loser you are. 

I sympathize with your mother. Does she also have to remind you to wash your hands before dinner?

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

The Trump administration has accused Iran of supporting “imminent attacks” on U.S. personnel in the region but has provided no details or evidence.

The Iranians don't strike me as irrational Jihadists.   Even in the worst case sceario of the Iranians pulling off some sort of Tet offensive and catching us off guard in Baghdad (taking hostages) and/or in the Strait (sinking a ship),  to what end?  Where is the victory in that for them?  I think the price for that would be the complete dismantling of their military and infrastructure by the US Navy and Air Force and giving the Israelis and Saudis a green light to wipe out all their proxies by any means they deem fit.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Iranians don't strike me as irrational Jihadists.   Even in the worst case sceario of the Iranians pulling off some sort of Tet offensive and catching us off guard in Baghdad (taking hostages) and/or in the Strait (sinking a ship),  to what end?  Where is the victory in that for them?  I think the price for that would be the complete dismantling of their military and infrastructure by the US Navy and Air Force and giving the Israelis and Saudis a green light to wipe out all their proxies by any means they deem fit.  

You're espousing a Clausewitzian view in a non-Clauswitzean world.

25 minutes ago, dpberr said:

My guess is that if Iran can use their proxies to provoke a military response from us, short of a full US-led invasion, the mullahs can rally the Iranians around the flag as being attacked by the Great Satan for no reason, and save their asses from being overthrown by those very same Iranians. Having a few military positions bombed, or one (or more) of their attack boats sunk, would probably be sufficient.

They're asswhole Persians, not suicidal jihadi Arabs.

28 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

My guess is that if Iran can use their proxies to provoke a military response from us, short of a full US-led invasion, the mullahs can rally the Iranians around the flag as being attacked by the Great Satan for no reason, and save their asses from being overthrown by those very same Iranians. Having a few military positions bombed, or one (or more) of their attack boats sunk, would probably be sufficient.

They're asswhole Persians, not suicidal jihadi Arabs.

Or maybe they are not doing anything really different and Trump and Co. are just ginning up an excuse for rallying Americans around the flag.