Trump foreign policy

32 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

very interesting topic. I am at a conference for Sr leaders of engineering companies in the US( , and, and man, older and whiter and male(r) you will never see at any conference. Anyways, they had this dude in from Northup doing a session on Civil Engineering in the future..really interesting topic will post at length about later.

One of the areas he discussed is Arctic sea routes are opening up. As he said , you can debate the reasons, but the first container ship from China to the US just made it through the Arctic 2 months ago. He went on about the all implications of that, but one was that China owns most of the coastline of Greenland....and this presents all kind of issues for the US...

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46386867

just found it interesting as hell...lots of other cool stuff too will post in next day or so when i 

How does China own most of the Greenland coastline?  I mean...Greenland is a semi-autonomous country still under the Danish Crown - I'm sure China can buy leasing and development rights on the coast, but "own" it?  That's weird - not much more so than Greenland's usual ambiguous status, but still weird.

I'd love to know more about what that Northrop rep was talking about.

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

How does China own most of the Greenland coastline?  I mean...Greenland is a semi-autonomous country still under the Danish Crown - I'm sure China can buy leasing and development rights on the coast, but "own" it?  That's weird - not much more so than Greenland's usual ambiguous status, but still weird.

I'd love to know more about what that Northrop rep was talking about.

Considering the huge row that Canada/USA have been having with Russia about Arctic Coastal rights, I find it very hard to believe that they let China slip into critical waterways in the Western Hemisphere

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Something is up, but what?  So many choices: Iran, Venezuela, Huawei... place your bets.  

Looks like Venezuela.

From WSJ:

Vice President Pence To Announce U.S. Will Lift Sanctions On Venezuela Gen. Manuel Cristopher Figuera After He Broke Ranks With Maduro

*Pence Scheduled to Make Announcement During Speech in Washington Today

*‘The United States Will Give Sanctions Relief to All Those Willing To Step Forward’ and Support Opposition Leader Guaido, Pence Will Say

*Pence to Announce Deployment Of Military Hospital Ship to Caribbean, Central America and South America to Respond to Crisis in Venezuela

* Pence Warns U.S. Will Hold ‘Accountable’ 25 Venezuelan Magistrates Unless They ‘Uphold the Rule of Law.

* U.S. Has Placed Sanctions On More Than 150 Government Officials And State-Owned Businesses Loyal to Maduro

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, GG said:

Or maybe not. Pompeo arrived in Iraq.  

The IRGC has been defecting by the bushel, including high ranking officers with documents. 

I'm guessing in light of everything else happening, it'll turn out the trip to Iraq is related to Iran.

6 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

The IRGC has been defecting by the bushel, including high ranking officers with documents. 

I'm guessing in light of everything else happening, it'll turn out the trip to Iraq is related to Iran.

Iran is becoming increasingly desperate with the oil money drying up and apparently were going to launch some sort of attack through their Iraqi proxies.

This article explains some of the Iranian foothold inside Iraq.

Iran's initiative to expand its religious influence complements its increasing efforts to project political, military and economic power in Iraq, where Washington and Tehran are competing for clout.

Iran has become particularly powerful after Tehran-backed militias took a leading role in vanquishing the Islamic State group, which had occupied a broad swath of northern Iraq, and Iranian proxy forces retain control over extensive Iraqi territory.

Allies of Iran, including former militiamen, have an influential role in Iraq's parliament. Iranian officials routinely mediate disputes among political and military factions. Many local media outlets depend on Iranian largesse. Iranian imports - as varied as cosmetics, eggs and steel - are flooding local markets. And Iranian energy supplies help keep the lights on in Iraqi cities.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well it’s settled then...let’s send them another $150 BILLION. That worked for a little while.

it's all on you SoCal, Tibs has declared it

amazing how the libtard mind doesn't work....

15 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Well it’s settled then...let’s send them another $150 BILLION. That worked for a little while.

Actually it stopped them from developing nukes, until Trump. 

Hey, Obama knew how to get a deal. Don't be jealous 

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's all on you SoCal, Tibs has declared it

amazing how the libtard mind doesn't work....

F U you worthless troll 

liberal: the sky is falling, we are doomed like yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!

normal person: i don't see the danger, i think it will be okay

liberal:  oh yeah???? well you better be right!!!

normal person:  thanks for you appointing me god of your mind.... but no thanks, gotta go, things to do today... 

It is worth remembering that this most incompetent President we have ever had is conducting an aggressive foreign policy without a Secretary of Defense in place. He won't have a serious person there and no flunkies like Matt Whittiker can be found so he goes without. 

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

It is worth remembering that this most incompetent President we have ever had is conducting an aggressive foreign policy without a Secretary of Defense in place. He won't have a serious person there and no flunkies like Matt Whittiker can be found so he goes without. 

Patrick M. Shanahan is our acting SoD and has been since Mattis resigned. I'd chastise you for your ignorance but I know you can't help yourself.

12 hours ago, Hedge said:

Iran is becoming increasingly desperate with the oil money drying up and apparently were going to launch some sort of attack through their Iraqi proxies.

This article explains some of the Iranian foothold inside Iraq.

Iran's initiative to expand its religious influence complements its increasing efforts to project political, military and economic power in Iraq, where Washington and Tehran are competing for clout.

More from Dunford today:

• Thank you (+1) 1