Trump foreign policy

So with the cable news universe all atwitter with the new "laptop bomb" threats... how many will be honest enough to admit that the intel for this threat came from the raid in Yemen which the media spent a solid week labeling needless?

Nobody.

I know it was a rhetorical question. I'm answering it for the local ****head brigade, who don't know what a rhetorical question is.

So with the cable news universe all atwitter with the new "laptop bomb" threats... how many will be honest enough to admit that the intel for this threat came from the raid in Yemen which the media spent a solid week labeling needless?

Wait a second, weren't you the one screaming the loudest about the US being in Yemen in the first place?

Wait a second, weren't you the one screaming the loudest about the US being in Yemen in the first place?

My complaint, which still stands, has to do with the US funding the Saudi air campaign which is indiscriminately slaughtering civilians. Serving as the arms dealer for the out-house of Saud is not in America's best interest.

I've always been for the surgical use of special forces (and our armed forces in a larger sense) when it's actually in America's best interest.

New policy: Invite dictators to the White House and praise them.

"I just want to let everybody know in case there was any doubt that we are very much behind President el-Sisi. He’s done a fantastic job in a very difficult situation. We are very much behind Egypt and the people of Egypt. The United States has, believe me, backing, and we have strong backing."

If you're judging the US by its friends...

NYT follies

Egypt’s previous authoritarian leader, Mohamed Morsi, was also a leader of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood and the praised choice of former U.S. President Barack Obama — which is something NYT reporters Peter Baker and Declan Walsh chose to omit from their story.

It would help, in a story about changing course, if your readers were informed what the previous course was.

New policy: Invite dictators to the White House and praise them.

"I just want to let everybody know in case there was any doubt that we are very much behind President el-Sisi. He’s done a fantastic job in a very difficult situation. We are very much behind Egypt and the people of Egypt. The United States has, believe me, backing, and we have strong backing."

If you're judging the US by its friends...

Very rarely are there "friends" in geo-politics, just overlapping interests.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

NYT follies

Egypt’s previous authoritarian leader, Mohamed Morsi, was also a leader of the Islamist Muslim Brotherhood and the praised choice of former U.S. President Barack Obama — which is something NYT reporters Peter Baker and Declan Walsh chose to omit from their story.

It would help, in a story about changing course, if your readers were informed what the previous course was.

LOL, you are really peddling the fake news. Pretty pathetic and sad to see you are allowed to do this

What is the US official stance on Assad?

I knew Obama "DREW A LINE" and then gimped out 100% when it was crossed with total impunity.

Not that I would favour sending troops (just yet) to resolve that situation.

I'd prefer a POTUS not make such a dumb threat that he couldn't back up; allies of the US need to be able to rely on that great country...

What is the US official stance on Assad?

I knew Obama "DREW A LINE" and then gimped out 100% when it was crossed with total impunity.

Not that I would favour sending troops (just yet) to resolve that situation.

I'd prefer a POTUS not make such a dumb threat that he couldn't back up; allies of the US need to be able to rely on that great country...

So you hate the line AND would not send troops? So what would you do, just nothing?