Trump foreign policy

On 9/9/2020 at 6:45 PM, Niagara Bill said:

Remember when the USA had a strong foreign policy, independent, fair, bold, realistic and successful. Nixon, Reagan, even Jimmy Carter tried bless him.

Today policy is based on, hey Vladdy, what do you think!

Reagan's foreign policy doctrine was "fair"?  To whom?  I'm interested in your use of the word fair.  Honest question.  

IMO, from many perspectives, the Reagan foreign policy was a complete mess, sometimes complete disaster.    You remove the "beating the Soviets" part, and explore what the Reagan-years US was doing in the rest of the world, you'd wonder how he was ever re-elected and/or escaped impeachment.  

3 minutes ago, dpberr said:

Reagan's foreign policy doctrine was "fair"?  To whom?  I'm interested in your use of the word fair.  Honest question.  

IMO, from many perspectives, the Reagan foreign policy was a complete mess, sometimes complete disaster.    You remove the "beating the Soviets" part, and explore what the Reagan-years US was doing in the rest of the world, you'd wonder how he was ever re-elected and/or escaped impeachment.  

And it worked. Ended Russian communism forever, which was worth the cost.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, dpberr said:

I use the word fair rather than say that past presidents never publically shi! on US allies like trump. The only coalition that trump has is with Putin and Kim. You can not live in this world in isolation. 

30 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I use the word fair rather than say that past presidents never publically shi! on US allies like trump. The only coalition that trump has is with Putin and Kim. You can not live in this world in isolation. 

This old song and dance has gotten terribly old. Trump’s been in office for almost FOUR YEARS and we haven’t seen a major aggression from a single foreign country....including Russia and North Korea. Whatever you’ve decided to hate about Trump’s policies; they are clearly working. The goal isn’t to make friends. The goal is to keep America safe, independent, and out of wars on foreign soil. We’ve strayed so far from these basic principles over the years that they’ve come to sound like gibberish to most living Americans. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 2

23 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

This old song and dance has gotten terribly old. Trump’s been in office for almost FOUR YEARS and we haven’t seen a major aggression from a single foreign country....including Russia and North Korea. Whatever you’ve decided to hate about Trump’s policies; they are clearly working. The goal isn’t to make friends. The goal is to keep America safe, independent, and out of wars on foreign soil. We’ve strayed so far from these basic principles over the years that they’ve come to sound like gibberish to most living Americans. 

Keep America safe...195,000 deaths, most in the world anyway you measure, but that friggen bar in Texas and his indoor rallies continue, even when state law prohibited it.

trump has not protected American lives...he is in charge.. he has the power of the strongest office in the world and points fingers...oh he is so tough, haha. 

And by the way a leaders job is to have strong friends..allies..trade partners, defence partners, social partners. If you do not and others do have friends you cannot survive. You cannot live in a bomb shelter.

6 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Keep America safe...195,000 deaths, most in the world anyway you measure, but that friggen bar in Texas and his indoor rallies continue, even when state law prohibited it.

trump has not protected American lives...he is in charge.. he has the power of the strongest office in the world and points fingers...oh he is so tough, haha. 

And by the way a leaders job is to have strong friends..allies..trade partners, defence partners, social partners. If you do not and others do have friends you cannot survive. You cannot live in a bomb shelter.

I will not go into the fact that approximately 8K Americans die daily, and that number would reflect 24 days of death in the  US (we will have to see if we had an excess of 195K deaths once the final numbers are in for 2020), I would suggest you blame those deaths on China who unleashed the Wuhan Virus on an unsuspecting world, lied about it, withheld data, and then tried to blame others for their duplicity.

Also, please recall that "literally Hitler" is not a dictator. President Trump works within the law to get things done.

And, since you are apparently living under a rock... President Trump is the first president in nearly 40 years (I believe 39 years is the exact number) to not start an armed conflict with the US and another nation. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize (for what little it is now worth)... twice this year alone, and we are finally seeing peace in the Middle East.

Now, since he had to fight his own his own party (the first two years), the Democrats and "msm" (for 4 years), that is quite the accomplishment. Imagine what he could have done with a little bit of help?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Niagara Bill said:

Conveniently ignoring the Gulf States, Central EU countries and most of Asia?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Was it Putin or Kim that nominated him for the Nobel (twice)?  And after 8 years of bowing to any and all, I’d agree that when our president sees wrongdoing and stands up for the country, it can come across as “shltting on US allies”.  Yet he’s never been wrong even once on his foreign policy, while having to drag the Washington sewage machine with him in all that he’s accomplished.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I will not go into the fact that approximately 8K Americans die daily, and that number would reflect 24 days of death in the  US (we will have to see if we had an excess of 195K deaths once the final numbers are in for 2020), I would suggest you blame those deaths on China who unleashed the Wuhan Virus on an unsuspecting world, lied about it, withheld data, and then tried to blame others for their duplicity.

Also, please recall that "literally Hitler" is not a dictator. President Trump works within the law to get things done.

And, since you are apparently living under a rock... President Trump is the first president in nearly 40 years (I believe 39 years is the exact number) to not start an armed conflict with the US and another nation. He was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize (for what little it is now worth)... twice this year alone, and we are finally seeing peace in the Middle East.

Now, since he had to fight his own his own party (the first two years), the Democrats and "msm" (for 4 years), that is quite the accomplishment. Imagine what he could have done with a little bit of help?

I congratulate trump on no armed conflicts...that is truly an accomplishment. What a measurement...so in 6 months and additional 24 days of death have occurred, oh but wait, many would have died anyway...so this virus does not really matter. Just blame someone else...those friggin Chinese. Wow!

Based on this logic, stop cancer treatments, heart transplants, appendix removals, save some money.

By the way, he did get little help, because he lives in a bomb shelter tweeting his life away, never has created any allies from the other side of the aisle as Reagan and many others have. A 2 party system needs someone to span the divide.

12 minutes ago, DFT said:

Was it Putin or Kim that nominated him for the Nobel (twice)?  And after 8 years of bowing to any and all, I’d agree that when our president sees wrongdoing and stands up for the country, it can come across as “shltting on US allies”.  Yet he’s never been wrong even once on his foreign policy, while having to drag the Washington sewage machine with him in all that he’s accomplished.

Thanks for the humor....

24 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I congratulate trump on no armed conflicts...that is truly an accomplishment. What a measurement...so in 6 months and additional 24 days of death have occurred, oh but wait, many would have died anyway...so this virus does not really matter. Just blame someone else...those friggin Chinese. Wow!

Based on this logic, stop cancer treatments, heart transplants, appendix removals, save some money.

By the way, he did get little help, because he lives in a bomb shelter tweeting his life away, never has created any allies from the other side of the aisle as Reagan and many others have. A 2 party system needs someone to span the divide.

I'm going to invoke Obama era math.  Remember "jobs saved" and how that was celebrated in the media?  How about lives saved?  Lives saved by banning travel from China early.  Lives saved from quarantining everyone they could in the U.S. that had a case early, some on military bases?  Not letting cruise ships into ports.  Closing borders and banning European travel once cases were traced back to sick coming from there?  Recommending to governors that state economies be shut down except for essential operations.  Fast tracking medical equipment and supplies.  Early reports were that we would lose over 1 million people this year if we didn't act. 

Why aren't we celebrating lives saved which are at least as important as jobs saved?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I'm going to invoke Obama era math.  Remember "jobs saved" and how that was celebrated in the media?  How about lives saved?  Lives saved by banning travel from China early.  Lives saved from quarantining everyone they could in the U.S. that had a case early, some on military bases?  Not letting cruise ships into ports.  Closing borders and banning European travel once cases were traced back to sick coming from there?  Recommending to governors that state economies be shut down except for essential operations.  Fast tracking medical equipment and supplies.  Early reports were that we would lose over 1 million people this year if we didn't act. 

Why aren't we celebrating lives saved which are at least as important as jobs saved?

Bans came late, no formal consistent national policy, under cutting his own experts, putti g commerce ahead of health...

You could have kept the deaths under 50000 ...

Stay safe

23 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

You could have kept the deaths under 50000 ...***

***A made up number to justify Niagara Bill's continuing democratic vote.  Niagara Bill will conveniently continue to ignore how Democrat "leaders" reacted to Corona virus.

Enjoy the benefits of living in NY. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Alaska Darin said:

***A made up number to justify Niagara Bill's continuing democratic vote.  Niagara Bill will conveniently continue to ignore how Democrat "leaders" reacted to Corona virus.

Enjoy the benefits of living in NY. 

I thought Niagara Bill was Canadian! 

• Like (+1) 2

Bans came late, no formal consistent national policy, under cutting his own experts, putti g commerce ahead of health...

You could have kept the deaths under 50000 ...

Stay safe

The bans came earlier than they would have under Hilly/a Dem President and all the same problems that existed would still have existed.  Meaning even more deaths.