Trump foreign policy

12 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

If I were Trump, I would direct the GAO to calculate how much money we pumped into building Iraqi infrastructure.  Then I send them a bill.

If I were Gary Busey's mom I would ask the family accountant to figure how much money was paid to the family therapist (for Gary).  Then I ask for a refund.

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

If I were Gary Busey's mom I would ask the family accountant to figure how much money was paid to the family therapist (for Gary).  Then I ask for a refund.

I'd sue the abortion doctor who took part of his brain but kept him alive. 

• Haha (+1) 1

JANUARY 5, 2020 / ANDREW DAVIS

Late Thursday evening Iranian general Qasem Soleimani had a rendezvous with destiny. The shadowy figure had been of interest to the United States for decades. As the director of Iran’s covert operations, namely funding and fostering terrorism, he had quietly become one of the greatest threats to our national security. He used to travel in secret, rarely leaving Iran for fear of assassination. In recent years he’s openly traveled abroad, reportedly bragging to friends that the United States knows where he is at all times, but lacks the guts to pull the trigger. If that rumor is true, I’m sure he was duly surprised then when he heard the whistling missile of a Reaper drone charging toward the tarmac where he stood.

Takes on the assassination of Soleimani have spanned the entire spectrum. Some have called it a bold move long overdue, zealously endorsing what they view as decisive action from the president. However, the takes from those opposed to the attack have abounded. I can scarcely remember seeing anything like the manic hysteria displayed on social media in the aftermath.

The usual parade of blue check mark hand wringing ensued. Author Rose McGown plead with Iranian leadership not to hold the country accountable for the actions of our own “terrorist regime” in the White House. Michael Moore also reached out to the Ayatollah with a similar message. Thousands of memes popped up overnight about “WWIII” (this is laughable when Iran’s minuscule military is considered).

The most voracious check marked dissident to speak out was the tried and true favorite foil of the right, Colin Kaepernick. Kap, who at this point is a glorified flag burner, contended that “there is nothing new about American terrorist attacks against black and brown people for the advancement of American imperialism.”

These people care so much what others think of them. They care so much how the world views them, or how it views America. They will grovel like a dog for forgiveness before someone who would slit their throats with a smile on his face. Ayatollah Khamenei is an animal. Soleimani was an animal. As Winston Churchill once said of Hitler, “You cannot reason with a tiger while your head is in it’s mouth.”

These promulgators of peace at any price have one core belief in common, one that is the central lie of liberalism and big government. It is this, that you are not smart enough to figure things out for yourself. That “they” in the faraway Washington corridors know better They would have you believe that due to the idiosyncrasies of foreign affairs and state craft, Donald Trump, much less average Joe, is incapable of making the right decision. Your opinion is invalid. Shut up and listen to the so called experts who got us into two protracted wars in the Middle East already.

I would differ with them on this issue. I think the truth of this matter is a universal one, one that we all learned way back on the playground. The bully will take you as far as you let him. Again to quote Churchill , these people only understand one language – raw force.

This entire episode is reminiscent of the showdown between Ronald Reagan and Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi. In the mid-eighties Gaddafi’s goons blew up a night club in Berlin, injuring hundreds and killing a Marine. Reagan retaliated swiftly, dropping sixty tons of explosives on targets across Libya, including Gaddafi’s own home. The usual suspects hit him with the same barrage they’re hitting Trump with today. Maniac, bloodthirsty, senile etc. Gaddafi targeted us with terror attacks, and Reagan blew his house up the next day, killing a member of his family. There was no war. Gaddafi was an American lapdog for the next twenty-five years until, in her infinite wisdom, Secretary Clinton organized his ouster.

more at the link:

https://andrewdavisweb.wordpress.com/2020/01/05/on-soleimani/

Edited by B-Man

3 hours ago, row_33 said:

People like that have favoured the draft for the recent wars, now they don’t because Trump

He was talking about those who already joined the military was mostly due to financial reasons.  That's the new "draft."  The low unemployment rate we've had since 2015 or so has made it more difficult for recruitment (that and young one's are getting fatter).

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

He was talking about those who already joined the military was mostly due to financial reasons.  That's the new "draft."  The low unemployment rate we've had since 2015 or so has made it more difficult for recruitment (that and young one's are getting fatter).

Spoiler alert: He's a commie.

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

If I were Trump, I would direct the GAO to calculate how much money we pumped into building Iraqi infrastructure.  Then I send them a bill.

Oh good, that's brilliant. Maybe they can send us a bill for bomb damaged infrastructure. 

Anyway, the world keeps turning: 

NAIROBI — Al-Shabab militants launched a predawn attack Sunday on an airstrip used by the U.S. and Kenyan militaries, on Kenya's coast near the border with Somalia, killing one U.S. service member and two American private contractors, according to a U.S. military statement.

Two other American contractors were wounded and were being evacuated in stable condition, the statement said.

The attack marked a rare successful incursion by al-Shabab into a foreign military compound, let alone one outside its usual operating grounds in Somalia and one used by U.S. Special Forces and other defense personnel.

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Oh good, that's brilliant. Maybe they can send us a bill for bomb damaged infrastructure. 

Anyway, the world keeps turning: 

Laugh all you want but the rest of us here feel sad about this.

14 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Continuing to spread that lie? No surprise, that's all the right wing does. Lies are the mother's milk of the right. 

Everyone that was here back at that time knows that you laughed out loud at the deaths of Americans during the Benghazi killings. You've been getting criticized for it for 7+ years and now think you can just laugh that off too? How does it feel to be named Least Patriotic American every year since then? 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Oh, are we still pretending that Iran is some sort of military threat?

Russia has been painted as the evilest empire ever the last 3 years (after laughing away the terror it held the world in from 1919 to 1989)

Ukraine was then portrayed as a vital international hub for foreign policy all last year.

Was could possibly surprise me in 2020?