Trump foreign policy

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I buy it because that's what I'm told, constantly, by active duty members. It's also backed up by facts. The previous administration's policy was to leave the men and women on the ground exposed -- to both enemy fire and litigation from their own country. The ROE's enforced on the soldiers turned them into lawyers on the battlefield rather than what they're trained/supposed to be doing.

I've heard this from multiple sources as well.  Some of the specifics are pretty gruesome, like ROEs that wouldn't let fire bases respond at all to mortar bombardments. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:lol: Not the actions or words of a man who's scared. 

The dnc is so forked. 

Please tell me there's video...

The left is going to eat that up.  "Pelosi stands up to a room full of cis-patriarchal old white men.  Yay, Feminism!  #CaptainMarvelous"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I buy it because that's what I'm told, constantly, by active duty members. It's also backed up by facts. The previous administration's policy was to leave the men and women on the ground exposed -- to both enemy fire and litigation from their own country. The ROE's enforced on the soldiers turned them into lawyers on the battlefield rather than what they're trained/supposed to be doing. That cost lives. Worse, the previous (several) administrations left the military vastly unprepared for the two decades worth of endless war we've asked them to perform. 

This administration's policies put the soldiers lives first, and they love him for it. It's not a controversial idea, it's just a fact. What happened in terms of the show of force is 100% in line with that policy/philosophy. Turkey endangered our pilots -- so a (non lethal) message was sent to deter that from repeating.  

I spoke to a vet today, unrelated to the politics of the day. He volunteered how “amazing” his recent visits to the local VA have been the last couple years.  Quite a change from years past, he said. 

• Like (+1) 3

Trump reportedly called Jim Mattis the 'world's most overrated general' in a chaotic meeting on Syria

President Donald Trump belittled his former defense secretary, Jim Mattis, by characterizing him as the "world's most overrated general," according to a Washington Post report published Wednesday.

The account from numerous officials came during an afternoon closed door meeting with congressional leaders in the Cabinet Room of the White House on Wednesday. In the meeting, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer reportedly brought up dissenting views towards the president's decision to withdraw the vast majority of roughly 1,000 US troops stationed in Syria.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-jim-mattis-most-overrated-general-2019-10

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

Trump reportedly called Jim Mattis the 'world's most overrated general' in a chaotic meeting on Syria

President Donald Trump belittled his former defense secretary, Jim Mattis, by characterizing him as the "world's most overrated general," according to a Washington Post report published Wednesday.

The account from numerous officials came during an afternoon closed door meeting with congressional leaders in the Cabinet Room of the White House on Wednesday. In the meeting, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer reportedly brought up dissenting views towards the president's decision to withdraw the vast majority of roughly 1,000 US troops stationed in Syria.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-says-jim-mattis-most-overrated-general-2019-10

As an Independent, are you ever going to post something that is not on the left side of the spectrum or not critical of Trump?

• Like (+1) 1