Trump foreign policy

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

If we spent $100 million on an unmanned drone which, by definition, is flown using a GPS guidance system, isn’t it a bit improbable that that system would even allow it to be flown into Iranian air space? If not, we’re all in BIG trouble when we get driverless cars!

Sherpa would know, but I'm thinking a sophisticated drone like the PQ-4 Global Hawk would have a system that could be programmed to put the drone on a specific course. If for some reason it strayed off course there would be an alarm and the operator could override the programming.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sherpa would know, but I'm thinking a sophisticated drone like the PQ-4 Global Hawk would have a system that could be programmed to put the drone on a specific course. If for some reason it strayed off course there would be an alarm and the operator could override the programming.

We spent $100 million on a drone that ‘strays off course’? I’d ask if it was still under warranty but it’s a moot point now....splat!

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We spent $100 million on a drone that ‘strays off course’? I’d ask if it was still under warranty but it’s a moot point now....splat!

Our comprehensive insurance was set at a $1,000,000 deductible while our collision has a deductible of $10,000,000. Regardless, Farmer's is going to have a tough time displaying this accident for their commercials.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

If we spent $100 million on an unmanned drone which, by definition, is flown using a GPS guidance system, isn’t it a bit improbable that that system would even allow it to be flown into Iranian air space? If not, we’re all in BIG trouble when we get driverless cars!

Things break.  Operator error occurs.  Accidents happen.  I know of at least two accidental border crossings into Iran early in the occupation of Iraq.  

But it's not likely in this case.  This was a strategic asset operating in a familiar - even routine - mission by experienced people.

:lol: The tweeter is Kamala Harris's foreign relations expert, formerly one of Clinton's. 

Libya (Disaster -- but for the Foundation's bank account)

Haiti (Disaster -- but for her daughter's wedding fund and their trafficking pals' supply lines)

Syria (Disaster -- but for the foundation's bank account)

There's a common theme with HRC's policies, but it's not making the world safer or more stable. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Sorry to nitpick, but if the head of state and several top generals are confirmed dead then it's not a "coup attempt", it's pretty much a "successful coup"

I think it's like they got Bill but didn't get Hillary, who wears the pants.

9 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

What is most interesting about this is what is located in Ethiopia -- namely, IRGC and uranium mines. 

(And, also... the Arc of the Covenant is likely located here as well but that's added for fun)

I thought it was in a vast warehouse in D.C.?

Edited by 3rdnlng
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

:beer: Could be, could be. 

There's a lot of speculation that it's housed here: 

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/travel/keepers-of-the-lost-ark-179998820/

* Source warning: Smithsonian -- so huge grain of salt required. 

There's a few accounts of the priests who are the only ones allowed in the chamber going blind from some sort of unknown radiation poisoning (those are the most interesting to me) along with Ethiopia's unique Christian heritage. 

35 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Sorry to nitpick, but if the head of state and several top generals are confirmed dead then it's not a "coup attempt", it's pretty much a "successful coup"

Amhara is a region. They killed the equivalent of the state governor.

14 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Guarded by "top men".

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer: Could be, could be. 

There's a few accounts of the priests who are the only ones allowed in the chamber going blind from some sort of unknown radiation poisoning (those are the most interesting to me) along with Ethiopia's unique Christian heritage. 

Sometimes it's better to slow down and go back to basics. Remember what you mother told you would make you go blind if you did it too much? Well, buggery will do it to you also, and we are talking priests here, mind you.

• Haha (+1) 1

LOL. First thing I thought of when I read about the Ethiopian coup. The Arc of the Covenant and the Holy Grail.

Nelson DeMille wrote (re-wrote actually) a yarn about this - The Quest.

It's absolutely not one of his best efforts. Actually, he wrote it a long time ago and rewrote it and published it in 2016.

• Like (+1) 1