Trump foreign policy

11 minutes ago, Dante said:

More likely a plan by neocons in the US. Donald has done a good job keeping us out of wars. Can't have that! It's been a few years  since we have had a major altercation with another country! Roll out the false flag. Again. Seems even Trump can't keep evil at bay for long.

Our best chance of staying out of a war may be a swift response to Iran's transgressions. A weak response will only embolden Iran.

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Our best chance of staying out of a war may be a swift response to Iran's transgressions. A weak response will only embolden Iran.

Only if you believe it's all legit I suppose. Personally I don't but that's just me. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Foxx said:

is it just the inherent distrust in me of the elite that thinks a false flag is a possibility here? used as rational to go after all those WMD's?

Remember the Kokuka Courageous!!!

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Who do you think is behind this?

States or Israel if it is fake. 

Seems like certain elements have been banging the drums to go after Iran forever. Not sure why Iran would be so dumb to sink a couple tankers. Just doesn't make sense. I know I could be wrong but I just don't buy it.

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Seems like certain elements have been banging the drums to go after Iran forever. Not sure why Iran would be so dumb to sink a couple tankers. Just doesn't make sense. I know I could be wrong but I just don't buy it.

Iran has done it in the past. I don't think even the Mullahs are dumb enough to go to total war with us. If they do another tanker I'm willing to bet we take out some of their facilities like radar or missile defense and then maybe a refinery. Look at what Trump has done with ROE since becoming president. He made it possible for our troops to fight and win. He won't handcuff our military and Iran will be worse off for it.

14 minutes ago, Dante said:

You have to keep in mind that they're getting desperate. The Iranian economy is collapsing, there have been widely unreported protests going on for months (with members of their goon squads turning sides and joining the protesters), apparently they can't afford to pay the Revolutionary Guard anymore (causing significant desertions/defections).

What course of action do they have - that doesn't involve caving to Trump's demands - that would put their internal struggles on the back burner? Using proxies (allowing regime deniability) to goad a foreign power into conducing a limited military strike is a perfect fit. On top of that, causing problems in the gulf by attacking tankers spikes oil prices and de-legitimizes their enemies' (USA/KSA/Gulf States) abilities to say they can protect shipping.

I also doubt that it's a coincidence that the tankers attacked were heading to Japan, the day Abe left Iran to return home.

Edited by Koko78

24 minutes ago, Dante said:

It also wouldn't surprise me if it was actual Iranian elements/proxies going rogue, not sanctioned by the actual government. Given how the financial coffers are starting to dry up, there are certain factions which may be starting to play things a bit looser. The actual goal could even be to make sure their own funding doesn't dry up and this is a negotiating tactic being employed against their own side to keep the money flowing to them. Just a thought.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Iran has done it in the past. I don't think even the Mullahs are dumb enough to go to total war with us. If they do another tanker I'm willing to bet we take out some of their facilities like radar or missile defense and then maybe a refinery. Look at what Trump has done with ROE since becoming president. He made it possible for our troops to fight and win. He won't handcuff our military and Iran will be worse off for it.

You think if they were to do something it would be over here. Some sort of terrorist thing. There are a lot of Iranians here. Not to say as a whole they are bad. Just that it would make it a lot easier to have agents mixed in.

15 minutes ago, Hedge said:

It also wouldn't surprise me if it was actual Iranian elements/proxies going rogue, not sanctioned by the actual government. Given how the financial coffers are starting to dry up, there are certain factions which may be starting to play things a bit looser. The actual goal could even be to make sure their own funding doesn't dry up and this is a negotiating tactic being employed against their own side to keep the money flowing to them. Just a thought.

Makes sense.

A short video released late Thursday night by U.S. Central Command shows the crew of an Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps patrol boat removing an unexploded limpet mine from a tanker that sustained damage in a suspected attack earlier in the day, officials said.

Sounds like the naval warfare equivalent of BleachBit'ing a server.

10 hours ago, Koko78 said:

Have you not interacted with Tibs before?

i can't help it. i like Tibs and see where he wants to believe but the NLP has him so engrained in TDS that it is hard to pull the claws out.

1. NOT SO FAST

Japanese Oil Tanker Owner Says U.S. Is Wrong About Gulf Attack

Updated 06.14.19 7:15AM ET Published 06.14.19 6:21AM ET 

Yukaka Katada, the owner of one of the stricken oil tankers crippled in explosions in the Gulf of Oman on Thursday, says the U.S. is wrong about the way the attack was carried out. Speaking at a press conference in Tokyo on Friday, he contradicted Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and the U.S. Navy, which released a video that purports to show an Iranian patrol boat removing a limpet mine from the port side of the Kokuka Courageous. Katada said his ship was attacked on the starboard side by a flying object, not by a mine. “It seems that something flew towards them. That created the hole, is the report I’ve received,” Katada said, according to the Financial Times. “It seems there was a high chance they were attacked by a flying object. The impact was well above the water. I don’t think it was a torpedo.” The Japanese ship owner did not say who might be responsible for the attack. Iran has vehemently denied it was involved. 

13 hours ago, Dante said:

Saudi Arabia maybe. Or it could possibly be rogue elements in Iran itself acting on their own. Who knows

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Iran Foreign Minister: there's no evidence!

US journalists: there's no evidence!

US think tankers: there's no evidence!

US military: here's a video of an IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat secretly approaching the M/T Kokuka Courageous and removing unexploded magnetic mine.

The video really could be anything. Secretly removing a mine? Well, not secretly. The video might be genuine or pure bull puss 

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Saudi Arabia maybe. Or it could possibly be rogue elements in Iran itself acting on their own. Who knows

The video really could be anything. Secretly removing a mine? Well, not secretly. The video might be genuine or pure bull puss 

That video was taken at night, you Highest Knight of The Dumbshit order.

20 hours ago, Dante said:

WhEN iN dOuBt BlAmE j00s