Trump foreign policy

On 5/26/2019 at 8:22 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

2016, EU-style

You clearly don't hang out with the French (from France not Quebec).  This can be considered a jovial conversation.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, meazza said:

You clearly don't hang out with the French (from France not Quebec).  This can be considered a jovial conversation.

My (now deceased) MIL was French. She later became an American citizen. Hubby is fluent in French. He speaks to relatives, in French, on speaker phone, all the time. We are heading back to France later this year to visit his family. Where I can listen to more French being spoken. ?

7 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

My (now deceased) MIL was French. She later became an American citizen. Hubby is fluent in French. He speaks to relatives, in French, on speaker phone, all the time. We are heading back to France later this year to visit his family. Where I can listen to more French being spoken. ?

I took four years of French in high school and a semester in College, but the only French I really remember is

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If Russia is abandoning the Mullahs.... tick-tock.

(Though I'll say I've heard guys who work in missile defense tell me that the S-400s are trash against US tech and the Russians know it. They've speculated this rejection was more about Russia being worried that a US strike is imminent and they don't want the world to see just how ***** their "great technology" actually is. )

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

If Russia is abandoning the Mullahs.... tick-tock.

(Though I'll say I've heard guys who work in missile defense tell me that the S-400s are trash against US tech and the Russians know it. They've speculated this rejection was more about Russia being worried that a US strike is imminent and they don't want the world to see just how ***** their "great technology" actually is. )

Interesting either way. Backing Iran in some fashion (even behind-the-scenes) is a perfect way for Putin to continue his childish policy of 'stick-it-to-America', like we see in his Venezuelan interference.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Interesting either way. Backing Iran in some fashion (even behind-the-scenes) is a perfect way for Putin to continue his childish policy of 'stick-it-to-America', like we see in his Venezuelan interference.

Wait a minute, now wait just a damn minute! I have been told over and over and over again for more than two years the Putin and Trump are BFFs. Why in the world would Putin want to "stick it to America" and hurt his bestie?  {head scratch}

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Wait a minute, now wait just a damn minute! I have been told over and over and over again for more than two years the Putin and Trump are BFFs. Why in the world would Putin want to "stick it to America" and hurt his bestie?  {head scratch}

It's all part of the plan. This was set up at the Trump Tower meeting in 2016, when they conspired to collude about obstructing justice.

Don't let the smoke screen like increasing sanctions on Russia fool you. Trump is still doing Putin's bidding, because of facebook memes or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

So while he just sent the USMCA to Congress for approval, he's simultaneously tying it to instability in El Salvador, Guatemela, and Honduras.

That is extraordinarily stupid.  That's Obama "red line" stupid.  

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

So while he just sent the USMCA to Congress for approval, he's simultaneously tying it to instability in El Salvador, Guatemela, and Honduras.

That is extraordinarily stupid.  That's Obama "red line" stupid.  

Forget that.  How do the announced tariffs not violate the very treaty he just negotiated?

This is the Trump I was afraid of.  

Tariffs will go to 25% in October (could go) if Mexico doesn't stop the illegals. Carrot-stick. This is aimed at Congress as much as Mexico, IMO.  The Dems have no intention of ratifying USMCA and giving Trump a "win"(regardless of Nancy's "yes path" statement). Maybe now they will, simply to #GetTrump (that'll show him!)

BTW, doesn't international law state that "asylum seekers" go to the first country they enter? So Mexico should be keeping those peeps from Central America instead of allowing them to cross illegally at the US border.

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Like (+1) 1

On 5/29/2019 at 6:33 PM, meazza said:

That is nothing compared to a couple Chinese people speaking. I had a Chinese employee who would “yell” on the phone. I asked if everything was ok once. She said “oh sure. Just planning the weekend with my mom.”  ?

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Tariffs will go to 25% in October (could go) if Mexico doesn't stop the illegals. Carrot-stick. This is aimed at Congress as much as Mexico, IMO.  The Dems have no intention of ratifying USMCA and giving Trump a "win"(regardless of Nancy's "yes path" statement). Maybe now they will, simply to #GetTrump (that'll show him!)

BTW, doesn't international law state that "asylum seekers" go to the first country they enter? So Mexico should be keeping those peeps from Central America instead of allowing them to cross illegally at the US border.

Just a hunch that Trump hasn't fully though this plan. 

Trying to inflict economic pain on Mexico won't have the intended effect he thinks it will, because AMLO isn't a big friend of Mexican business owners in the first place.  Trump could end up helping AMLO's to renationalize industry. 

The best part of course is, as Mexican industry suffers, the greater the incentive to climb the northern wall.

Idiot is as idiot does.

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

They are not buddies. Trump is Putin’s B word. Sometimes you have to put your B word in her place.