Trump foreign policy

Hard to pin this topic down.

So far we have Tillerson as SoS, who has no track record really. Trump all over the map on China and the Middle East. Russia...god knows.

The only policy piece that seems clear is a firm belief in government intervention and protectionism on trade.

Any other clear statements yet?

The good news is Obama set the bar so, so low. Barring widespread nuclear war, he can only do better.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

His Tillerson pick is, I believe, his best so far.

He has more experience negotiating with the Russians, and a more intimate understanding of their economy and energy policy than anyone else under consideration for the role.

Excellent. Now, does he know anything about the rest of the world?

Krauthammer’s Take: Trump Opposing U.N. Israel Resolution ‘Extremely Effective and Extremely Daring’
The U.N. was expected to vote today on a resolution demanding an end to Israeli settlement building, and reports indicate that Obama was ready to allow the resolution to pass until Egypt put off the vote. President-elect Donald Trump put pressure on Egypt not to go forward with the resolution, and it seems to have had an effect. Charles Krauthammer said that the resolution could have done serious damage to Israel, making Trump’s involvement daring and effective:
More than a slap on the wrist, I think it would have done permanent damage to Israel, which is why even Obama himself several years ago vetoed the resolution, because it sets conditions that take away all of Israel’s bargaining chips. In other words, it gives everything over to the Palestinians in advance in return for nothing from the Palestinians, no recognition of a Jewish state, no concessions at all. And I think what happened today was very important. The reason is that had Obama done what it looks like he was going to do, which is to have the U.S. abstain, the resolution then passes. And it will never be reversed. Because in order to be reversed, you’ve got to get the Security Council to vote to reverse it, and the Chinese and Russians would exercise a veto.
So this would have been one last shot at Israel, and particularly at Israel’s prime minister from Obama. An act of kind of — I don’t know if it’s ideological, but a lot of personal revenge. What Trump did was unprecedented. For a president-elect to step in, to publicly oppose it, and essentially to tell Egypt that introduced the resolution, “You better withdraw this or you won’t have a friend in the white House” at a time when Egypt needs a friend in the White House. So it was extremely effective, and extremely daring. You don’t normally get that from a president-elect.

He has more experience negotiating with the Russians, and a more intimate understanding of their economy and energy policy than anyone else under consideration for the role.

Yes and somehow people think that do-nothing senators are better choices. Tillerson by running a very large complex global business and apparently running it very well will probably send culture shock through the entire state department assuming he deploys the same good business practices there. I suspect that in time he'll be highly respected by most within the State dept.

Frankly, one of the reasons the Tillerson pick is so great is because it triggered an amazing number of leftwing nutbags' heads to explode.

I have no control over anything, so that's good enough for me.

Frankly, one of the reasons the Tillerson pick is so great is because it triggered an amazing number of leftwing nutbags' heads to explode.

That's always a plus. Might as well have a laugh before the nuclear arms race.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/let-it-be-an-arms-race-trump-gives-stunning-response-while-clarifying-nuclear-proliferation-comments/

Exactly! It's been great fun watching the "Progressive" wackjobs make fools of themselves by going low at every opportunity.

Lest ye forget it was the threat of Reagan's "Star Wars" program that would have bankrupted the Soviet Union and helped lead to it's demise.

Exactly! It's been great fun watching the "Progressive" wackjobs make fools of themselves by going low at every opportunity.

Lest ye forget it was the threat of Reagan's "Star Wars" program that would have bankrupted the Soviet Union and helped lead to it's demise.

So you are suggesting he is attempted to bankrupt what...the rest of the capitalistic countries? No, you are just trying to say anything to make his wild ravings sound somewhat ok. You are useful.

Hillary was right, this crazy man should not have his hand anywhere near nuclear policy

And helped funnel money into Solar Warden and other SSP tendrils.

(Ninja smiley -- can't do smilies while on the move)

Colon ph34r colon

No spaces

:ph34r:

Oh, and can't embed pics/memes on mobile so I'm just going to type it

I'm not saying it was Aliens, but it was Aliend