Season Ticket Sales 2017?

plenzmd1

I'm done. Been a ST holder since '90. Clubs the last three seasons. It's easy enough to get tickets for the couple of games I travel up for, if I continue that practice, and I won't have to spend time trying to sell the rest. I've been a fool, hoping that having seasons would "pay off" when they made the playoffs -- what a joke!

Thankfully I was able to sell all of my tickets this year on Seatgeek, for pretty good prices. But no more.

I'll be writing the Pegulas a letter -- not that it will do any good, but it will be therapeutic to get some things off my chest.

Just curious about the out-of-towners who buy season tickets and come into town for a number of games. I salute you and PTR and others on your extreme loyalty but wonder if it would be easier to not have season tickets and procure tickets on a game to game basis. Is it that you want to stay with your "group" when you do attend? Have you had difficulty selling your tickets at a reasonable price when you can't attend?

What I find most dispiriting about the Bills is the bleak "sameness" for the past generation. This year I decided that if DirecTv wasn't going to give me a discount on the Ticket that I was simply going to do without. I also decided that I was not going to be a captured customer any longer to this malignant franchise that provides lackluster entertainment value. So if the weather was appealing I DVRed the game and got outside to enjoy the fall weather. If the game turned out to be a typical dud I erased the recording and avoided the agitation.

I encourage you to write your letter to the Pegula's. The expression of "collective" exasperation does have an impact. Yesterday, while watching the game the camera showed Terry P in the booth watching his more than $1 billion team get stampeded and embarrassed. He was not happy to say the least.

No doubt that making changes is required. But making impulsive changes without serious thought (such as the Rex hiring) is not going to advance the situation. The Bills have been an irrelevant and invisible franchise in the NFL for a very long time. It's tiresome and shouldn't be tolerated, especially by the paying customers.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious about the out-of-towners who buy season tickets and come into town for a number of games. I salute you and PTR and others on your extreme loyalty but wonder if it would be easier to not have season tickets and procure tickets on a game to game basis. Is it that you want to stay with your "group" when you do attend? Have you had difficulty selling your tickets at a reasonable price when you can't attend?

That is a big part of it, but also a lot of out of towners kept tickets in the early part of the drought out of fear of the team leaving and loyalty to the city. For me, i love my seats, and love tp know where i am sitting every game, but the price is just getting too much at this point.

And forget selling tickets after October...unless its a Pats game, tickets just don't sell, especially now with all games on TV and no blackout rule. And make no mistake, taking away the blackout rule will hurt season tickets next year.

I know we're talking tickets, but living in Fl, I cut off Direct TV this year. I didn't want to be tempted by this clown of a coach and his pregnant fat-ass brother. I was able to watch the Steelers game, ouch. Went to walk my dogs at halftime and never tuned back in.

I know we're talking tickets, but living in Fl, I cut off Direct TV this year. I didn't want to be tempted by this clown of a coach and his pregnant fat-ass brother. I was able to watch the Steelers game, ouch. Went to walk my dogs at halftime and never tuned back in.

And you call yourself Dopey...?

That is a big part of it, but also a lot of out of towners kept tickets in the early part of the drought out of fear of the team leaving and loyalty to the city. For me, i love my seats, and love tp know where i am sitting every game, but the price is just getting too much at this point.

Same here. If I want to I'll be perfectly happy spending the money to fly up to a couple of games and either sit with my friends who have seasons, or splurge for separate tickets. The idea of owning season tickets as an out-of-towner always felt like a "badge of loyalty" or something to me, but now I just feel stupid.

New stadium will make me think about giving them up and retirement may also. Between clubs and lower seats it's over $5,500 a year and the clubs will go up this year. It becomes costly just to travel to and stay in Buffalo. Yes, I know I could stay at cheap hotels but, not a fan of that.

New stadium will make me think about giving them up and retirement may also. Between clubs and lower seats it's over $5,500 a year and the clubs will go up this year. It becomes costly just to travel to and stay in Buffalo. Yes, I know I could stay at cheap hotels but, not a fan of that.

I can't see clubs going up unless there are changes that get the fan base excited.

And , good thing your lovely wife likes to come to the games...$5,500 spent on the Bills and i am in divorce court.

I ditched my seasons right before the season as well as Directv. I live in DC and I was stuck with too many tickets the past few years. Grew sick of Rex and his clown show real fast.

If I missed the Bills games too much, I would renew Directv. I caught the Ravens, Jets, both Pats games, and the Steelers on regular tv. I found ditching the seasons and Directv very liberating. I used to feel like crap after a Bills loss. No more. I will stay the course until the Bills get it right.

Looking at our future home opponents for 2017 and I think season ticket sales will be okay. 2017 offers a few teams that opposing fans will want to see and Bills fans don't get a lot of chances to see (especially if you include preseason) 2018 will be full blown mayday mayday mayday - to me 2018 just looks ugly for sexy value

Denver

Oakland

New Orleans

Tampa Bay

Jacksonville

Tennessee

Chicago

Detroit

I really struggle with this, I have great seats at the Bills sideline and by the players tunnel but i live 6 hours away and dont get to many games. Therefore i sell most of my tickets on line. I dont want to give them up because i will never be able to secure such good seats. I know I should, but i can't. NFL schedule makes never does us any favors, especially when there are 3 Dec games. Ouch. First things first, I am not renewing Sundayticket. Way too much money. Next year i may just try to sell my entire seasons to one buyer.

As an fyi, if you use an NFL credit card you do not pay any interest for NFL tickets. So if you happen to sell them its a great way to get free financing

Wow, I'd just love to own a business where the customers would buy my "defective" product year after year with but few real complaints; and my "professional association" (read NFL) would chip in a ton of money via TV revenues. What a cash cow!!

Yes it seems like a good way to spend 1.4 billion of you have it.

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Bills sold 58,535 season tickets last year. What is your prediction for 2017?

Rex and Tyrod stay------ 37,500

Rex stays, New QB------ 42,000

New Coach new QB------49,900

Be interested to hear what people plan to do with their seasons on here.

I am really thinking of letting my go as another year where almost impossible to get ANYTHING for late season games. This was a 6-6 team and vs 7-5, playoffs not likely but doable...and i very literally could not GIVE my tickets away. Cheaper to pay up for the early season games on the secondary market and not get crushed by these games after week 10.

That's exactly what I did 2 years ago after 13 Years as a season ticket holder.

I will be giving up my clubs, but will keep my pair in the lower bowl. Hopefully I can upgrade those.

In past years I flew in for 2 games, and now live in Pittsburgh so I drove up for them all. But after this past Sunday I'm giving them away. As the losses pile up it gets tiring to do a 6 hour round trip.

I really struggle with this, I have great seats at the Bills sideline and by the players tunnel but i live 6 hours away and dont get to many games. Therefore i sell most of my tickets on line. I dont want to give them up because i will never be able to secure such good seats. I know I should, but i can't. NFL schedule makes never does us any favors, especially when there are 3 Dec games. Ouch. First things first, I am not renewing Sundayticket. Way too much money. Next year i may just try to sell my entire seasons to one buyer.

As an fyi, if you use an NFL credit card you do not pay any interest for NFL tickets. So if you happen to sell them its a great way to get free financing

you can always get great seats..anywhere, at any stadium..just depends what you want to pay for them.

In Buffalo, outside the opener and the Pats, that is not a lot more then face...and in the last 16 years greats seats for the last 2-3 games sell plenty below face.

If you did an accounting the last ten years and are more than $500 in the hole every year...as i am...way better to just but individual seats on the secondary to the games you actually go to.

I will be giving up my clubs, but will keep my pair in the lower bowl. Hopefully I can upgrade those.

In past years I flew in for 2 games, and now live in Pittsburgh so I drove up for them all. But after this past Sunday I'm giving them away. As the losses pile up it gets tiring to do a 6 hour round trip.

I feel for you out of town club holders.....those seem like money pits for out of towners

Finished a 3-page letter to the Pegulas this morning. The second to last paragraph reads:

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me sixteen times...well, now I just look dumb."

Edited by eball

Bills sold 58,535 season tickets last year. What is your prediction for 2017?

Rex and Tyrod stay------ 37,500

Rex stays, New QB------ 42,000

New Coach new QB------49,900

Be interested to hear what people plan to do with their seasons on here.

I am really thinking of letting my go as another year where almost impossible to get ANYTHING for late season games. This was a 6-6 team and vs 7-5, playoffs not likely but doable...and i very literally could not GIVE my tickets away. Cheaper to pay up for the early season games on the secondary market and not get crushed by these games after week 10.

I will renew mine and sell them off for a profit yet again next year. Edited by MAJBobby

Same here. If I want to I'll be perfectly happy spending the money to fly up to a couple of games and either sit with my friends who have seasons, or splurge for separate tickets. The idea of owning season tickets as an out-of-towner always felt like a "badge of loyalty" or something to me, but now I just feel stupid.

PT-Barnum_The-Greatest-Showman-on-Earth_

No Worries, our resident marketing genius and team president will put together a slogan the sheep will just eat up. Goal is 65,000, I would expect to surpass that.

Imo

Edited by Leroi