Season Ticket Sales 2017?

plenzmd1

Gave them up a few years ago, I still watch all the games but I just don't get the personal enjoyment/satisfaction from going to the live games I once used to. And it's not just the poor product for me either even though that's a huge part of it. Times have evolved and the newer tailgating/parking rules suck and the "old-timer" Bills fans that I remember being at the stadium from when I was a kid are slowly but surely being weeded out and replaced by the new college aged Bills fans who are there primarily to get caught on camera being bodyslammed through a table in the parking lot. It's just not what it once was for me and I'm not in the financial position to keep getting season tickets just for the hell of it.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly. It's nice if they win but we always have a graat time at a home Biils game. Season ticket holder from Richmond VA area.

This, IMO, is the attitude of a high percentage of season ticket holders and explains how after 17 years of no playoffs and consistently mediocre play, with 18 looking like a safe bet, season ticket sales are still very good.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Yes. I am renewing. Doubt I will try to upgrade. We are in row 7 of the upper level at about the tunnel end 40 yard line. Perfect for the game or two we travel to from NC. We give the rest away...

I sincerely mean you no disrespect and I am not telling you how you should or should not spend your money. But why would you purchase 2 or more season tickets to go to one or two games a year and give the rest away? Stubhub could be your friend either selling the others, or better still just buying the ones you will use.

I sincerely mean you no disrespect and I am not telling you how you should or should not spend your money. But why would you purchase 2 or more season tickets to go to one or two games a year and give the rest away? Stubhub could be your friend either selling the others, or better still just buying the ones you will use.

Same reason as me...to support the Bills. When I bought mine in 2003, the franchises future was always a question mark. I never wanted it to be said Buffalo couldn't support the Bills. Of course now with the Pegulas and the team's future more assured. I still want to support the team. I bet 40% of season ticket holders live outside WNY.

I gave mine up...I am a local....but, after these many decades...yes decades, circumstances have changed. The stadium experience isn't what it once was....I hate going thru the security lines...even had a near miss on a safety issue at the Jets night game this year as the crowd knocked down barriers, and my wife and I were lucky not to get hit with the fence...we were right there. In addition, the crowd is no longer a football crowd...more of a party crowd, there to attend but not necessarily for the football in many instances. Also, we are out of town a lot now....6-7 fall weekends a year......and , the fact that tickets for Cleveland and Miami game this past year could not be GIVEN away. I also feel that the Bills do not stand up for their attending fans....cold weather games have always been harder sells....but, how do they have four home games on or after Nov 27 like this year? TOTAL disregard for the stadium fans, that is how that happens. So, no more money from me for the Bills.....we had 45 yards line seats in the lower bowl. I can watch by the fire at home...or by getting to a Bills bar if out of town.

Edited by bigK14094

In addition to what Promo just wrote--supporting the Bills and now the Pegula ownership...our giveaway is charitable -- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Erie County.

Edited by JoeF

I gave mine up...I am a local....but, after these many decades...yes decades, circumstances have changed. The stadium experience isn't what it once was....I hate going thru the security lines...even had a near miss on a safety issue at the Jets night game this year as the crowd knocked down barriers, and my wife and I were lucky not to get hit with the fence...we were right there. In addition, the crowd is no longer a football crowd...more of a party crowd, there to attend but not necessarily for the football in many instances. Also, we are out of town a lot now....6-7 fall weekends a year......and , the fact that tickets for Cleveland and Miami game this past year could not be GIVEN away. I also feel that the Bills do not stand up for their attending fans....cold weather games have always been harder sells....but, how do they have four home games on or after Nov 27 like this year? TOTAL disregard for the stadium fans, that is how that happens. So, no more money from me for the Bills.....we had 45 yards line seats in the lower bowl. I can watch by the fire at home...or by getting to a Bills bar if out of town.

NFL controls schedule not Bills - unless they can find events scheduled for the stadium which prevent games from being played. They can put in their requests but the NFL makes the call.

But go start your bonfires and torches - it will keep you warm.

In that case, I salute you.

Thanks my friend...The administrative team at BBBS in Erie County is full of great and dedicated folks. They are always looking for events for their mentors and kids. Its one of those cases where we get more from the donation than what we give.

One of my Pats friends asked me if I considered the donation child abuse since it was for Bills games....

Gave mine up a few years ago after 10 years. Life is busy with two kids involved in sports which takes a lot of weekend time and I am lucky if I get to 2 games a year now. That and the ****ty Canadian dollar make it easier to just use stubhub for the games I go to.