Season Ticket Sales 2017?

plenzmd1

No Worries, our resident marketing genius and team president will put together a slogan the sheep will just eat up. Goal is 65,000, I would expect to surpass that.

Imo

Dude...i am willing to bet any size donation to the charity of your choice(well, up to $1k) 65K seasons ain't being sold.

To make fair, if over 60K seats sold, i lose, if under 45K seats sold, you lose.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I'm on a 3 year deal but would have anyways.

I talked about it in a he money thread but the Bills are something that I love. It's something that my family loves. It's something that we've always done. There are years that they were good and years where they were bad. It's something that I'm passionate about (obviously). It's certainly more fun when they are good but it's NFL football.

I'm not sure how you get better entertainment value than an NFL game for that amount of money? The games are all so important, the party is great and the quality time with family and friends is unparalleled. I don't see a situation where I get rid of my seats (even if I only make it up for a few games a year).

I've decided not to; my 3-year deal on the club seats expired this season. If I lived in the area it would be a tougher decision, but being in NC it just doesn't make sense anymore (if it ever did). I'll still make the trip north for a game or two each year, but the hassle of trying to get rid of tickets I'm not using and the inferior product made the decision easier.

If they were a perennial playoff team I might feel differently. I'll admit I feel sentimental about giving them up after 27 years. The only way I'd keep them is if 2 or 3 buddies wanted to share the cost and we'd then divvy them up.

Next season there are actually two road games I plan to attend -- Carolina and Atlanta.

After 19 years, I'm done. I told my rep I'm not renewing. They'll probably call back but I'm pretty certain I'm out. I live in VA, and although I love the games, it's been awful trying to motivate myself to make meaningless games the second half of the season. I've been going to less and less games the last few years. On top of that, the tickets have been almost worthless to try to sell in the second half of the season. And I'm at the 35 yard line, lower bowl, 17 rows up, Bills sideline. If it wasn't for Pittsburgh being on the schedule this year, you wouldn't even be able to give tickets away. I actually offered my last two games for free to some folks in Buffalo and they declined.

Last year was the first year that I also traveled to a couple of college games on weekends that the Bills had home games, just to take in some cool atmospheres. I had a blast. I'll be doing more of that.

I still love the Bills. Probably be a tougher decision if I lived there. But meaningless games aren't for me anymore. It's become a chore to go watch crap late in the year. And the tickets are worthless at that point as well. I've reached my breaking point.

Yes, but annually I am less and less inclined to renew. This year I had to miss the stupid Thursday night opened due to a work obligation. Ate the Cleveland game because I lost interest and like others couldn't give them away (literally) and ate the stupid Xmas eve game, family obligations and again unable to give them away. Also ate both preseason games due to vacation. So I ate 4 games and sold tickets for one.

Part of my annual indecision isn't the product on the field entirely, if it was, I would have been long ago!!! But I do grow tired of the players who more and more seem like entitled, ungrateful, uninspiring POS human beings out for a paycheck. Its the NFL as an idea, this constant striving for money, the relocation of teams, holding taxpayers ransom to help billionaires make billionaires instead of making billionaires make their own billionaires, its desire to go global, Goodell, concussions, replays, 3.5 hour games loaded with commericals (I don't watch it on TV unless its the Bills, it too long and nauseatingly commercial), etc. Football used to be primary consideration, now its money through football, turning the NFL into a slick marketing company that, oh hey, has a product that is becoming worse.

And I go on record one more time, Pegula gets half a billion of our money for a stadium, I'm out.

Yes, but annually I am less and less inclined to renew. This year I had to miss the stupid Thursday night opened due to a work obligation. Ate the Cleveland game because I lost interest and like others couldn't give them away (literally) and ate the stupid Xmas eve game, family obligations and again unable to give them away. Also ate both preseason games due to vacation. So I ate 4 games and sold tickets for one.

Part of my annual indecision isn't the product on the field entirely, if it was, I would have been long ago!!! But I do grow tired of the players who more and more seem like entitled, ungrateful, uninspiring POS human beings out for a paycheck. Its the NFL as an idea, this constant striving for money, the relocation of teams, holding taxpayers ransom to help billionaires make billionaires instead of making billionaires make their own billionaires, its desire to go global, Goodell, concussions, replays, 3.5 hour games loaded with commericals (I don't watch it on TV unless its the Bills, it too long and nauseatingly commercial), etc. Football used to be primary consideration, now its money through football, turning the NFL into a slick marketing company that, oh hey, has a product that is becoming worse.

And I go on record one more time, Pegula gets half a billion of our money for a stadium, I'm out.

I think an awful lot of people agree that there shouldn't be public money involved in funding sports such as the NFL. How do you stop it though?

NFL owners are not going to forgo billions of dollars of free public money investments when it is being offered to them. How do you stop it?

I live thousands of miles away but can report my brother and his buddy are stopping after a 15 year run. They just can't stomach the losing anymore and when Whaley and Brandon were retained they lost all hope that Pegula was going to get this turned around.

Edited by Dr.Sack

I' on the fence--I live near NYC, so I only go to 1-2 games a year. The tix had been for my father, who I blame for my Bills addiction, having taken me to a game every year when I was a kid, at some sacrifice. He's been sick the last couple of years and passed away in October. The Cards game was my last good time with him. Took my daughter to the Fins season killer. Sold or gave away the other tickets.

I'll figure it in the next few weeks.

I am a long time ST holder but decided not to renew about mid season. Will still continue to support the team emotionally, but don't like the direction the league has taken. Roger Goodell needs to go! I'm tired of the inconsistency. Heavy fines for excessive celebration and a slap on the hand for illegal hits on the field. Domestic abuse all to common with to little repercussion. Maybe it's not all Goodell, as I'm sure the NFLPA has their hand in it as well, but I'm just tired of the whole mess.

Edited by Original Byrd Man

I'd keep it going then for a few more years at least for the old man's sake if you ask me.

I' on the fence--I live near NYC, so I only go to 1-2 games a year. The tix had been for my father, who I blame for my Bills addiction, having taken me to a game every year when I was a kid, at some sacrifice. He's been sick the last couple of years and passed away in October. The Cards game was my last good time with him. Took my daughter to the Fins season killer. Sold or gave away the other tickets.

I'll figure it in the next few weeks.

I'd keep it going then for a few more years for the old man"s sake. When we do reach the playoffs it will all be worth it. Thousands of dollars more I'm sure when it's all said and done but it will have been worth it.