How does this ship get turned around organizationally?

ndirish1978

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you look at and envy Philadelphia for how seriously, proactively, and aggressively they pursue their franchise QB.

And how lucky they are that Minnesota handed them a number 1 for Sam F'ing Bradford. Of course, it also remains to be seen whether Wentz is a franchise qb.

Find the right QB.

Teams like Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Packers, Falcons and even the Redskins as well as the Saints, Cardnals, Bengals Chargers all have so called great qb's and their record is the same or +1 over the Bills but we think THOSE teams are good.

still have a month to go, get Woods and Watkins back and then run the football see you in the playoffs

Teams like Ravens, Steelers, Colts, Packers, Falcons and even the Redskins as well as the Saints, Cardnals, Bengals Chargers all have so called great qb's and their record is the same or +1 over the Bills but we think THOSE teams are good.

still have a month to go, get Woods and Watkins back and then run the football see you in the playoffs

Yep. 4 games left. Fingers crossed.

Bad defense? Dumb GM? A quitter team? Find the right QB and suddenly everyone plays lot better, becomes smarter, and much more courage.

Ah yes! The czar idea lives again! I say to hell with that. You either believe in the GM you have and if you don't then get one you have confidence in then let him do his job.

You summed it up perfectly

The thing that has doomed this team is a pronounced lack of patience by the fans and mostly the media, who love to fan the flames. Every time you change the coach/GM you need to remodel the make up of the team. For 16 years this team has had to reshuffle the team composition to adjust to the new direction, and still we wonder why we are unsuccessful! Amazing

Agreed. I blame Luck and not the GM who trades Hughes for Shepherd or a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson. Luck is clearly holding them back. Let's dangle Taylor out there and maybe we can get Luck and a draft pick back. After all, Taylor must be a better qb since he has a better winning % the last 2 years.

Jack Del Rio had multiple playoff berths in Jacksonville with David Garrad and Byron Leftwich. He's a better coach than you think.

Yes, all you need is the right QB. Oh wait, no---Luck has struggled the past 2 seasons because...he lacked Hughes! And his GM whiffed on a O-lineman in the 1st!

No one is arguing TT is a better QB than Luck, so you can be the dog chasing that car for as long as you want.

If you meant to say "it's just the QB.....and a lot of talented players surrounding him"....I will agree. So go ahead and say it...

None of these guys are 17 year problems. We have a new owner, and the current picture is unrelated to 17 years ago, despite how it feels as fans. I happen to like Whaley, but don't mind the idea of a "czar". Rex is a clown, maybe a clown you'd enjoy having some beers with, but still a clown. Find the right coach (not TOO hard), and the right QB (MUCH harder and even more important) and we're in business. Sorry, I won't pretend to know who those folks are.

The Colts are the rare case where they "Lucked" into the right QB, but are soooo dysfunctional they can't put anything around him.

Speaking of dysfunctional, have I mentioned the lady we met who had a tattoo on the back of her neck that said " I Put The Fun in Dysfuntional!"?

None of these guys are 17 year problems. We have a new owner, and the current picture is unrelated to 17 years ago, despite how it feels as fans. I happen to like Whaley, but don't mind the idea of a "czar". Rex is a clown, maybe a clown you'd enjoy having some beers with, but still a clown. Find the right coach (not TOO hard), and the right QB (MUCH harder and even more important) and we're in business. Sorry, I won't pretend to know who those folks are.

The Colts are the rare case where they "Lucked" into the right QB, but are soooo dysfunctional they can't put anything around him.

That's 90% of the GM's job right there.

Whaley has very clearly demonstrated that he cannot evaluate/scout/draft a QB. This isn't even debatable.