How does this ship get turned around organizationally?

ndirish1978

Exactly; this organization has a losing culture and has for 15 years. Follow the psychological concept of organizational culture; clean house completely and start again.

I kind of agree with this. In years past we COULDN'T do this because everyone was afraid that blowing things up meant the dreaded "rebuilding" label which would scare fans away and lead to the team leaving Buffalo. Now that the team isn't going anywhere they should do things correctly. Unfortunately RB is now president of the Sabres too so he's not going anywhere and I strongly believe his "marketing first" approach to the team is killing us.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean it's funny how hard some folks act like it is. We cry over draft picks from 8 years ago. NE has a ton of terrible draft picks and no one cares. We have a far, far better roster than the Colts and they have had success for one reason.

When you get the qb, everyone gets better. And you don't find a qb by spending 3 1st round picks on in 30 years.

Couple of reasons really.

You are correct, first and foremost, they have their QB.

But they also play in the AFC South. Or rather, in any division that doesnt have the New England Patriots.

It seems like there are a lot of opinions on this board about who we should blame for the past 17 years of failure in Buffalo: Russ Brandon, Nix/Whaley, terrible coaching selections, etc. My question is this, how does this all get turned around in your opinion beyond just a sweeping "fire everybody?" Is there something beyond just playing musical chairs at coach that we can do to change the team around? I just scratch my head because it seems institutional now. I kept thinking Wilson's age and lack of involvement with the team was the driving factor behind our futility but we've switched owners and it feels like the same song, different verse. Feel free to merge this thread to whichever complaints thread you want if the question seems redundant, but I would like to hear what you guys think can be done this offseason to give this team some spine and start moving us in the right direction. Thanks all.

Well if everyone on the bills team played hard as they possibly could and the coaches really payed attention to film and came up with the best plan they ever had as coaches, then maybe. Right now they are flat lazy and dreaming of good times with there family just wanting to be with them.

I always think of Arizona too. Havent 'hit' on a QB, but have made a pretty decent run the past 8 years or so with the likes of Kurt Warner and Carson Palmer.

And you look at and envy Philadelphia for how seriously, proactively, and aggressively they pursue their franchise QB.

Kurt Warner will be in the HOF. You missed a good a good career.

That just shows how dumb qb winning % is. Put Luck or Brees on the Bills, they are SB contenders. Put Taylor on those teams, they are terrible.

Good points. The only thing different with Arizona this year and last year is Palmer suddenly got really old. Completely changes their trajectory.

I mean it's funny how hard some folks act like it is. We cry over draft picks from 8 years ago. NE has a ton of terrible draft picks and no one cares. We have a far, far better roster than the Colts and they have had success for one reason.

When you get the qb, everyone gets better. And you don't find a qb by spending 3 1st round picks on in 30 years.

Luck is 8-10 in starts the past 2 years.

Find the right QB.

Simple people

Bad defense? Dumb GM? A quitter team? Find the right QB and suddenly everyone plays lot better, becomes smarter, and much more courage.

Ah yes! The czar idea lives again! I say to hell with that. You either believe in the GM you have and if you don't then get one you have confidence in then let him do his job.

So then who would be hiring this GM? From what we have seen the same people that hired Rex. You comfortable with their decision making this time?

Kurt Warner will be in the HOF. You missed a good a good career.

Luck is 8-10 in starts the past 2 years.

Agreed. I blame Luck and not the GM who trades Hughes for Shepherd or a 1st round pick for Trent Richardson. Luck is clearly holding them back. Let's dangle Taylor out there and maybe we can get Luck and a draft pick back. After all, Taylor must be a better qb since he has a better winning % the last 2 years.

If a good QB can make Jack Del Rio look good then it can make anyone look good. That's totally the key.

Jack Del Rio had multiple playoff berths in Jacksonville with David Garrad and Byron Leftwich. He's a better coach than you think.

If I went into New York City and entered an all night movie offering ten dollars for opinions, I would get this board! Come one, why is it so hard to understand - 16 years! This is a failed organization!

16 years? WTH does that have to do with the Pegulas, Whaley, Rex, and the current players? Answer: Not a damned thing.