How does this ship get turned around organizationally?

ndirish1978

Well Matt FN McGloin certainly isn't a playoff caliber QB.

McGloin and TT are in the same canoe to me neither is a good QB. If we had a qb even resembling Carr's production we'd be 8-4 or 9-3. I realize the cupboard has been bare at WR here but if you are a good QB you make it work. Taylor looked like a deer in headlights last week. Can't have that Garbage

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills on-field performance is the problem. They are well run business in many aspects otherwise. We have the luxury of pretty much focusing on on-field matters as a fan base.

They aren't a debt-ridden franchise (Cowboys), don't have significant cash flow problems (Raiders), have issues on where they are going to play next year (Rams, Chargers, Raiders), a lackluster fan base (Jaguars), meddling ownership feuds (Saints, Titans) or nightmarish confluence of many of these things (Browns).

The Donahoe experiment scared many in the organization. However, I think for the team to succeed, you need to let your general manager run the entire show. He or she picks the personnel - players and coaching staff.

I think the team also needs to find a coach that knows where the NFL is going, not where it's been, not where it is. Successful coaches are always on the cusp of the next big thing in the NFL and we last had it with Levy (K-gun, no huddle) and Phillips (his take on the 3-4, especially in 1995.). Since then we've hired coaches either with coaching strategies that are well known and well schemed or outdated and figured out.

good post

The Bills on-field performance is the problem. They are well run business in many aspects otherwise. We have the luxury of pretty much focusing on on-field matters as a fan base.

They aren't a debt-ridden franchise (Cowboys), don't have significant cash flow problems (Raiders), have issues on where they are going to play next year (Rams, Chargers, Raiders), a lackluster fan base (Jaguars), meddling ownership feuds (Saints, Titans) or nightmarish confluence of many of these things (Browns).

The Donahoe experiment scared many in the organization. However, I think for the team to succeed, you need to let your general manager run the entire show. He or she picks the personnel - players and coaching staff.

I think the team also needs to find a coach that knows where the NFL is going, not where it's been, not where it is. Successful coaches are always on the cusp of the next big thing in the NFL and we last had it with Levy (K-gun, no huddle) and Phillips (his take on the 3-4, especially in 1995.). Since then we've hired coaches either with coaching strategies that are well known and well schemed or outdated and figured out.

Best post on this thread so far :thumbsup:

It's nice of Nix to fall on the sword for EJ. But what were Whaley and his legion of top scouts doing when Russel Wilson was there for the taking for a paltry 3rd round pick? That was a lay up for a team desperate for a QB and Wilson was not some obscure project. Whaley, like Nix, was stuck at "too short"--the dumbest reason to ignore a QB's body of work to that point..

Same place all of the other teams were who could have gotten him as well Dr. Hindsight.

Same place all of the other teams were who could have gotten him as well Dr. Hindsight.

Yeah, life is so easy.....in hindsaight. Show me the people who consistently get it right in advance and that's who I want.

Talking about finding a QB is pointless if the same people are the ones trying to find one. Sometimes good GM's make mistakes at the position, but rarely do they have the rope to miss twice.

Advocating for keeping Whaley is essentially doing that and whether or not he was behind TT (I suspect he wasn't given his push for EJM). Moving on to another option indicates people don't know what they're doing. EJ started 15 games and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt he's a bust. TT is now 26 games in and at best not improving.

I highly doubt the entrenched leadership will want to move on from TT because it proves they're flailing around. So, if your T/K Pegs, do you hand over the 27M and hope he gets better? Or would it be easier to find a new management to make that decision.

THIS is the reason we haven't moved up in the draft to take a QB since the no playoff streak started. FO with egos refusing to admit they were wrong and disguising it as "continuity". Whaley finds some good bargain basement guys but he clearly has no grasp of how to make a trade, overpaying almost every single time he makes one. That in and of itself is worrying.

Also, why can't anyone on this team read a medical report or manage injuries properly? If you sign players with medical conditions (Lawson, Harvin), how is it a surprise when the guy isn't on the field? Why is it after our guys get hurt and come back they always re-aggravate the original condition and wind up playing hobbled? We haven't had the real Sammy for a full year yet, Woods played all year last year hurt and it looks like the same goes for this year. It seems like there is just poor judgement at every level of the team: coaches, medical staff, GM.

Current AFC Playoff teams who employ quarterbacks who the Bills had an opportunity to draft/acquire:

New England Patriots

Oakland Raiders

Kansas City Chiefs

Baltimore Ravens

Houston Texans

Denver Broncos

NFC

Dallas Cowboys

Seattle Seahawks

Washington Redskins (OK, so they're technically not in yet)

I don't think you can fire Rex and not just take down the whole structure that lead to his hiring in the first place. Take the list of the people in the room when he was hired (owners, Brandon, Whaley) and fire everyone who doesn't own the team.

Yep, can't replace all the players here either so hire a disciplinarian and slowly filter out the players who won't adapt.

If I was Pegula I would hire an outside consultant to review the organization and make suggestions of what to change.

Doesn't it seem like a smart business man would have done that while he was in process of acquiring the team so they could hit the ground running from day one? Why waste 2 1/2 season?

Although he did wait 2.5 yrs to blow up the Sabres front office.

I don't follow hockey closely enough to know how his ownership of the Sabres could be applied to anticipate what moves we could see from him with the Bills. In my limited knowledge I'm aware that they basically tanked a season for McDavid, wound up with Eichel and are still bad (is that correct)? I dunno what he's done with FO structure or coaches. Can someone give me a Pegula's Sabres for Dummies tutorial?