Week 13 advice- win and I'm in

Buftex

So, after a solid FF season, I took a tumble the last 3 weeks and lost 2 of 3 games, and fell from the second seed in our league, to the 6th (final) playoff spot, with a record of 7-5. There are a whole bunch of us lumped together, so I really got to win this week (final week of regular season) to secure a playoff spot.

It is a PPR league, we start 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLEX (wr or rb), 1 K, and 1 D/ST

Who would you start, if your season depended on it:

QB (choose 1): Jameis Winston (@S.D.), Carson Palmer (vs Washington), Tyrod Taylor (@OAK)

RB (choose 2): Cralos Hyde (@CHICAGO), Melvin Gordon (vs TB), Mark Ingram (vs Detroit), Devonte Booker (@JAX)

WR (choose 2): Mike Evans (@SD), Odell Beckham (@PITT), Kelvin Benjamin (@SEATTLE)

FLEX (either a remaining RB or WR)

TE: Martellus Bennett (vs L.A.), Zach Ertz (@CIN)

D/ST (choose 1): Miami (@BALTIMORE), Philadelphia (@CINCINNATI), Carolina (@SEATTLE)

K: Josh Lambo (vs Tampa Bay)

As always, your input is appreciated!

Thanks for the input. I normally take that rout (play your best players), and going away from it cost me one week, because I got too focused on matchups.

The guys you have listed seem logical...the only things I am still pondering, are whether to start Kelvin Benjamin as a my FLEX, rather than Ingram or Hyde. Ingram in particular is maddening...he has been the ultimate "boom or bust" guy this year. He killed me few weeks, only getting 2-3 pts..of course I benched him last week, and he had a monster game. I do like, however, that the Saints are at home. While Benjamin hasn't had any huge games since September, he is usually reliable for 8-12 pts. Probably going to go with Ingram as my FLEX.

My other issue is at tight end.. if healthy, Bennett seems the obvious pick for me...but that is if he is healthy. You just never know wtf is going on with New England...he has been "hurt" all year, but hasn't missed a start. But, as Gronk has re-integrated back into the Pats offense, Bennett has been more a blocking tight-end...but then, Gronk may not play on Sunday.... To top it all off, two of the 3 websites that I look at to kind of help me, have Zach Ertz as a top 5 tight end option this week, all three have Bennett in the 12-15 range. Decisions, decisions.... of course, two weeks ago, I started Tyrod against the Bengals, because all the national fantasy sites had him listed as a top play that week....while he didn't completely stiff, he was below his average that week...so what do they know? :)

I would play Winston, but think Palmer is also going to have a good game. Either is a much better choice than Tyrod, who is too hit or miss to bet on with your other options.

Locks: Hyde, Gordon, Evans, OBJ

Flex: Ingram I too have Kelvin Benjamin. I think he could be monster if he got on the same page as Newton, but he is hot and cold as well. I am sitting him against the seahawks in favor of Brandon Marshall (vs. Indi) and Gore (at Jets)

I had Bennett but dropped him (I have Kelce too). I hate trying to figure out the Pats. My guess is Bennett blocks more this game against the Rams. Then again, I am not crazy about Ertz. I would probably start Bennett thinking it is likely either will get you somewhere around 5-8 points, but it is more likely Bennett will explode for a big game.

Defense: Hard call between Phili and the Dolphins, both on the road. I would go with the Dolphins and their winning streak. Pressure by the offense really helps a defense, and I see that coming more from the Dolphins O than the Bengals without AJ Green.

Good luck!

Yeah, I think these guys have it for you. I like Philly's defense against the Bengals without AJ Green which is their only conflicting point.

Two QB league and I have:

Roethlisberger vs NYG

Brady vs LA

Kaepernick @ Chicago

I think I am overthinking this but do I slip in Kaepernick? I am in the playoffs but I have a chance to snag a bye week if the guy above me loses, and I maximize my points to get the tiebreaker.

Also I've got a mashup of RB's that are a bit hard to predict:

Murray vs BUF

Hightower vs DET

Coleman vs KC

Asiata vs DAL

Which two do I start to maximize points?

Yeah, I think these guys have it for you. I like Philly's defense against the Bengals without AJ Green which is their only conflicting point.

Two QB league and I have:

Roethlisberger vs NYG

Brady vs LA

Kaepernick @ Chicago

I think I am overthinking this but do I slip in Kaepernick? I am in the playoffs but I have a chance to snag a bye week if the guy above me loses, and I maximize my points to get the tiebreaker.

Also I've got a mashup of RB's that are a bit hard to predict:

Murray vs BUF

Hightower vs DET

Coleman vs KC

Asiata vs DAL

Which two do I start to maximize points?

Don't overthink it. Brady and Ben are great starts. Kaep is promising, and could end up running like crazy some week, but there is a better chance of the other two have monster games. I picked up Kaepernick too, as a backup to Ryan. They both have very good matchups weeks 15 and 16 for the playoffs.

I would start Murray for sure and either Hightower or Coleman. I favor Hightower because Coleman has only rushed for 9 yards on 8 carries since October and the Chiefs defense has really been playing well with Justin Houston back in the line up. That said, Coleman looks like he will be a much better play in week 15 (when I assume your playoffs start) at home against 32nd ranked SF, instead of Hightower on the road against #1 Arizona.

I hope you didn't start Asiata!

Don't overthink it. Brady and Ben are great starts. Kaep is promising, and could end up running like crazy some week, but there is a better chance of the other two have monster games. I picked up Kaepernick too, as a backup to Ryan. They both have very good matchups weeks 15 and 16 for the playoffs.

I would start Murray for sure and either Hightower or Coleman. I favor Hightower because Coleman has only rushed for 9 yards on 8 carries since October and the Chiefs defense has really been playing well with Justin Houston back in the line up. That said, Coleman looks like he will be a much better play in week 15 (when I assume your playoffs start) at home against 32nd ranked SF, instead of Hightower on the road against #1 Arizona.

I hope you didn't start Asiata!

Nice, thanks I was thinking along the same lines. Coleman has to get back to BAU stealing from Freeman :lol: , although this Gabriel guy seems to be filling in for him with the targets.

Nope, no Asiata thank god! I was considering putting him in, but wisely chose not to.