Trump's leadership team

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

At least in 2008, there was an actual crisis. 

Anyone who thinks there isn't a crisis at the border is a moron.  There is an obvious crisis - there are far more people attempting to cross than can be processed, under any definition of "process" you care to use.  

Debating whether or not there's a "crisis" is irresponsible and detracts from the discussion that should be happening: how should we address the very real crisis that's happening.  

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Anyone who thinks there isn't a crisis at the border is a moron.  There is an obvious crisis - there are far more people attempting to cross than can be processed, under any definition of "process" you care to use.  

Debating whether or not there's a "crisis" is irresponsible and detracts from the discussion that should be happening: how should we address the very real crisis that's happening.  

The problem, however -- and I mean this as honest dialogue, not as a trite little shot at leftists -- is that the base of the left is unable to process that kind of honest thinking. Their leadership must have a boogy man. They must have an enemy. And they -- and the media that supports and strengthens them --  will never take their sights off Trump as an enemy because it's how they load their coffers with cash.

Greatest meltdown ever, but significant lost opportunity because it lieu of finding solutions to a true crisis, the progressives are by default pulled further and further left to the extent that any center-left voice is considered a white nationalist nazi pig.

Edited by LABillzFan

1 minute ago, LABillzFan said:

The problem, however -- and I mean this as honest dialogue, not as a trite little shot at leftists -- is that the base of the left is unable to process that kind of honest thinking. Their leadership must have a boogy man. They must have an enemy. And they -- and the media that supports and strengthens them --  will never take their sights off Trump as an enemy because it's how they load their coffers with cash.

I think there's an additional reason, that they're afraid that addressing the issue will highlight the very real role they've played in creating it, with their mendacious pandering and spineless inability to coherently address the morass of conflicting law and regulation on the subject. 

After 20 years of paying lip service to "immigration reform," they'd run a serious risk of being exposed as fools if they tried to address the crisis now.  And most people (with some notable exceptions - Warren, Trump, gatorman, etc.) will go way the hell out of their way to avoid looking foolish.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

Can someone tell me if they ever recall, in their lifetime, a time when the left was as unhinged as it has been for the past two years?

I mean, you leftists have lost your freaking minds and you're starting to embarrass everyone.

Unbelievable.

Duh....

Nam.......

they were blowing up banks and government buildings and research facilities every second day for years, closed down Universities and ended semesters by riot

On 4/11/2019 at 9:06 AM, 3rdnlng said:

Out of curiosity, can you BM, describe the conditions at our southern border? Is the invasion of illegal aliens at a rate expected to top 1,000,000,000 annually not a crisis?

Can you, 3rdnlng, link where I said that the border is not a problem? 

The "non-crisis" I was referring to was the freak-out TDS of the Trump haters. Trump being president is NOT a crisis. 

When you suit up in your Trump uniform every day, try to understand that not everyone sees the world in black and white. I like some things about Trump. I dislike some things about Trump. The border is important, the wall is not a big deal to spend money on, and we have 10 other things to worry about that are more important. The social security running out of money stories this week got...zero point zero...attention. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

1 hour ago, BeginnersMind said:

Can you, 3rdnlng, link where I said that the border is not a problem? 

The "non-crisis" I was referring to was the freak-out TDS of the Trump haters. Trump being president is NOT a crisis. 

When you suit up in your Trump uniform every day, try to understand that not everyone sees the world in black and white. I like some things about Trump. I dislike some things about Trump. The border is important, the wall is not a big deal to spend money on, and we have 10 other things to worry about that are more important. The social security running out of money stories this week got...zero point zero...attention. 

The discussion had to do with the crisis at our southern border and you posted this: "At least in 2008, there was an actual crisis".  Don't be a jerk, or is that asking too much?

3 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The discussion had to do with the crisis at our southern border and you posted this: "At least in 2008, there was an actual crisis".  Don't be a jerk, or is that asking too much?

LA's post was about the left being unhinged and that's what I reacted to. I have never advocated for open borders or that there is not a problem on the border. 

It's not asking too much, sorry. My final paragraph was annoyed and not necessary. 

7 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

LA's post was about the left being unhinged and that's what I reacted to. I have never advocated for open borders or that there is not a problem on the border. 

It's not asking too much, sorry. My final paragraph was annoyed and not necessary. 

The discussion was about the border crisis and the Left's denial of it. You posted that there wasn't an actual crisis. I took exception with that. Still do.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

The discussion was about the border crisis and the Left's denial of it. You posted that there wasn't an actual crisis. I took exception with that. Still do.

So do I, that is, I AGREE WITH YOU. 

I posted in reaction to the post about the left being unhinged about Trump for two years, not about the crisis. 

21 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

When has he ever been honest? 

There you are. How are you doing DR? Shall we fika?

Shouldn’t we share a cake and coffee before the long painful death you wish for me? We can talk Bills and family. No need to do conspiracy talk. 

Seriously lets have have a beer of coffee sometime. This is my third invite. Why not. Life is too short. 

Edited by BeginnersMind