Trump's leadership team

Sessions was denied by the judiciary committee controlled 10 to 8 Republican to Democrat. 2 Republicans voted against him. One, Specter, later said he regretted his vote to reject Sessions.

Setting that history lesson aside, Trump is creating a cabinet with an onerous undertone to watch closely. Bannon is a horrible person to have near the presidency. Sessions is someone to watch closely if he survives his confirmation process.

How about that, but why do I have the feeling that you will criticize anyone Trump nominates?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/18/refusing-serve-customers-dont-agree-suddenly-cool/#.WC9ola71154.twitter

Refusing To Serve Customers You Don’t Agree With Is Suddenly Cool Again

Friday, fashion designer Sophie Theallet, who has dressed the current first lady Michelle Obama, offered a preemptive refusal to hypothetically dress the next first lady, Melania Trump, should she ask for some of her clothes— presumably not the ones available at The Gap. In her unsolicited letter, Theallet informed the world that a person who did not ask for any of her clothes would not be getting them.

“As one who celebrates and strives for diversity, individual freedom and respect for all lifestyles, I will not participate in dressing or associating in any way with the next First Lady,” the letter reads. “The rhetoric of racism, sexism, and xenophobia unleashed by her husband’s presidential campaign are incompatible with the shared values we live by.”

“I encourage my fellow designers to do the same,” it goes on.

In refusing service to Trump, Theallet appealed to “individual freedom” and the idea of her art as an expression of the company’s “artistic and philosophical ideals.” Her announcement was called “noble,” “patriotic,” and “admirable integrity.”

Horrible people in Washington? Yeah, that would be a first.

How presumptive of this chick to think that Melania would even want her to be her designer. This would be like me saying "I refuse to date Kate Upton."

These people are just so full of it. I'm so glad my parents raised me not to be an obnoxious douche.

Or at least I think I'm not an obnoxious douche.

How about that, but why do I have the feeling that you will criticize anyone Trump nominates?

I don't know. Priebus is a fine choice. Bannon is a bad person who contributed mostly filth to the political dialog in the US. Sessions is eminently qualified and while I disagree with some of his activism on anti-gay marriage and other topics, his politics is what I expect from an R. My comment was on the tone Trump is setting with these people. As I said, something to watch.

I don't know. Priebus is a fine choice. Bannon is a bad person who contributed mostly filth to the political dialog in the US. Sessions is eminently qualified and while I disagree with some of his activism on anti-gay marriage and other topics, his politics is what I expect from an R. My comment was on the tone Trump is setting with these people. As I said, something to watch.

this is not an insult. ...nor a compliment. But every reply and statement you make is predictable. You oppose every post or thought that is presented and offer no support. Its.... difficult

Trump's choices of Bannon who is widely associated as a hero of the alt-right and Sessions, a guy who got denied on mostly racial grounds in the 80s, sets a tone. You may think Bannon's admirers have nothing to do with the man himself and you may revere Brietbart as a news source, or you might think that Sessions got railroaded back in the 80s. But in both choices, Trump veered towards obviously racially divisive picks. Not people with no baggage on race--but people with lots of baggage on race.

In Sessions, I feel a little better that Specter later changed his tone and regretted voting against him. Specter was no slave to party and his independent judgment is one that gives me hope.

Trump's choices of Bannon who is widely associated as a hero of the alt-right and Sessions, a guy who got denied on mostly racial grounds in the 80s, sets a tone. You may think Bannon's admirers have nothing to do with the man himself and you may revere Brietbart as a news source, or you might think that Sessions got railroaded back in the 80s. But in both choices, Trump veered towards obviously racially divisive picks. Not people with no baggage on race--but people with lots of baggage on race.

In Sessions, I feel a little better that Specter later changed his tone and regretted voting against him. Specter was no slave to party and his independent judgment is one that gives me hope.

one... specter was a loon.

But this is proof of what I said. Take away who trump appoints, all of that. You cannot simply say a positive thing or even so much as constructive criticism. If one wanted to gain understanding of your perspective 5heyd be unable to because you've yet to say what you do support or options 2hich you would prefer

one... specter was a loon.

But this is proof of what I said. Take away who trump appoints, all of that. You cannot simply say a positive thing or even so much as constructive criticism. If one wanted to gain understanding of your perspective 5heyd be unable to because you've yet to say what you do support or options 2hich you would prefer

Hey genius, I said Priebus was a good choice and some of the others on the early list I also supported. I also said Sessions was "eminently qualified" to be AG.

Work on your reading comprehension skills boy blunder.

I have given credit where I feel it's due and criticism where it's not. You can gobble Trump's knob. Or talk about his appointees. There's no rules here in case you haven't noticed.

Edited by Benjamin Franklin

Hey genius, I said Priebus was a good choice and some of the others on the early list I also supported. I also said Sessions was "eminently qualified" to be AG.

Work on your reading comprehension skills boy blunder.

I have given credit where I feel it's due and criticism where it's not. You can gobble Trump's knob. Or talk about his appointees. There's no rules here in case you haven't noticed.

I'm a genius,im a very big genius. Thank you for praising me, of course you would. Every one knows I'm a genius.

You have supported a list but also came down on such ridiculous things that have shown to be nonsense; Ted Kennedy decrying racism on anyone is hilarious. You said you feel a little better about sessions. Only because of Arlen Spector. Thats like saying you feel better about Trump because President Commacho said he changed his mind on Trump.

I dont gobble Trumps knob. I think he's a joke but he is better than Hillary by 37.6 miles. Because of that I'm satisfied. But he's my President, he is your President, he is our President. Wanting him to fail is like getting on an airplane and cheering for the pilot to fail.

FREAKOUT BY ELIZABETH WARREN

he left is going to make attacking Jeff Sessions the cornerstone of its early resistance to Donald Trump. Elizabeth Warren, a possible presidential contender in 2020, sounded the call almost immediately, asserting a moral imperative to block Sessions’ confirmation.

The alleged moral imperative is based on stale and, in some cases, disputed claims of mildly racist comments that were alleged 30 years ago when Sessions was denied confirmation for a federal judgeship. Warren stated:

Thirty years ago, a different Republican Senate rejected Senator Sessions’ nomination to a federal judgeship. In doing so, that Senate affirmed that there can be no compromise with racism; no negotiation with hate. Today, a new Republican Senate must decide whether self-interest and political cowardice will prevent them from once again doing what is right.

Mark Hemingway points out:

As a U.S. Attorney, [sessions] filed several cases to desegregate schools in Alabama. And he also prosecuted the head of the state Klan, Henry Francis Hays, for abducting and killing Michael Donald, a black teenager selected at random. Sessions insisted on the death penalty for Hays.

When he was later elected the state Attorney General, Sessions followed through and made sure Hays was executed. The successful prosecution of Hays also led to a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan, effectively breaking the back of the KKK in Alabama.

In Warren’s terms, Sessions refused to compromise with racism and negotiate with hate.

Sessions also voted across party lines to confirm Eric Holder as the first African-American U.S. Attorney General. If he were a racist, it would have been easy for Sessions to join the 21 of his conservative Republican colleagues who voted “no” on Holder’s confirmation.

At the time Sessions said he was sure Holder would be “a responsible legal officer and not a politician.” Even the best Senators make mistakes.

Opposition to Jeff Sessions isn’t a protest against racism. Even Sen. Warren must know that Sessions isn’t a racist.

The attack on this good man is in part an attempt to lash out at Donald Trump and in part an effort to rile up African-American voters who, collectively, weren’t sufficiently riled to deliver the votes Hillary Clinton needed in cities like Philadelphia, Milwaukee, and Detroit.

In Warren’s case, this probably is also an attempt to boost her credentials with civil rights leaders in case she runs for president. (Ironically, Sessions and Warren have something in common; both were elected to the Senate after failing to be confirmed by that body.)

The Democrats don’t have the votes to block Sessions’ confirmation. Thanks to rules changes pushed through by Harry Reid, it no longer requires 60 votes to confirm presidential appointees.

The filibuster is dead when it comes to such confirmations. Posturing is alive and well.

UPDATE: Watch Tucker Carlson take on Roll Call’s Jonathan Allen on the issue of alleged racism by Sessions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7jyFzflW4

I'm a genius,im a very big genius. Thank you for praising me, of course you would. Every one knows I'm a genius.

You have supported a list but also came down on such ridiculous things that have shown to be nonsense; Ted Kennedy decrying racism on anyone is hilarious. You said you feel a little better about sessions. Only because of Arlen Spector. Thats like saying you feel better about Trump because President Commacho said he changed his mind on Trump.

I dont gobble Trumps knob. I think he's a joke but he is better than Hillary by 37.6 miles. Because of that I'm satisfied. But he's my President, he is your President, he is our President. Wanting him to fail is like getting on an airplane and cheering for the pilot to fail.

I want President Trump to be the best president ever. I never said otherwise.I want him to succeed massively. But I'm also watching what he does. Candidate Trump was not confidence inspiring. He was a liar. His opinion changed when it suited him. But some of what he said, "drain the swamp," not beholden to special interests, firm on terror--these are promising. So I'm watching and judging, like a responsible American. He chose Bannon to be his chief strategist. Bannon's Brietbart is a not a news site but an advocacy page of half- and slant-truths. I judge that and discuss it. He chose Priebus, who seems quite qualified. I judge that and discuss it. And so it goes.

And I said Sessions was "eminently qualified" to be AG. I'll keep throwing that in your face until you hear it. I didn't quote Ted Kennedy. You did.

My critique on Bannon plus Sessions was one of optics. I'm not the only one in this thread to note it.

Retired Marine Gen. Mattis to meet with Trump on Saturday

by Al Weaver

Original Article

President-elect Trump is set to meet with retired Marine Gen. Jim Mattis Saturday amid speculation that Trump could tap him to serve as secretary of defense. According to a pool report from the Trump transition team, Mattis is among eight people slated to meet with Trump on Saturday, including 2012 GOP nominee Mitt Romney, who is being discussed as a potential nominee for secretary of state. reported Friday that Mattis and retired Gen. Jack Keane are in the running for secretary of defense.

How ugly will Democrats get in smearing Jeff Sessions?

New York Post, by Editorial

Original Article

I want President Trump to be the best president ever. I never said otherwise.I want him to succeed massively. But I'm also watching what he does. Candidate Trump was not confidence inspiring. He was a liar. His opinion changed when it suited him. But some of what he said, "drain the swamp," not beholden to special interests, firm on terror--these are promising. So I'm watching and judging, like a responsible American. He chose Bannon to be his chief strategist. Bannon's Brietbart is a not a news site but an advocacy page of half- and slant-truths. I judge that and discuss it. He chose Priebus, who seems quite qualified. I judge that and discuss it. And so it goes.

And I said Sessions was "eminently qualified" to be AG. I'll keep throwing that in your face until you hear it. I didn't quote Ted Kennedy. You did.

My critique on Bannon plus Sessions was one of optics. I'm not the only one in this thread to note it.

fair enough response. I'm not going to further address the previous point I'm making as you have done well enough to say anything.

I will challenge you to be a voice of reasoning and education from a different viewpoint than others as you continue to criticize Trump's actions, posters thoughts and information. Dont be a gatorman who was a blathering twat. Dont be a 26cornerbitch who does a drive by with a ridiculous copypasta tweet with no substance. Don't be a birddog and simply refute what everyone says to eventually post a link from www.ilovedemocratsandthisisallkoolaid.com to refute information. Don't by a lybob and get all emotionally wrecked to the point of taking every little thing personally. Dont be DC Tom because he's just a dick.

This site could use someone able to actually structure a sentence to the hyperbolic right slant. It hasn't had anyone since Juror. You may or may not live up to this chance.

fair enough response. I'm not going to further address the previous point I'm making as you have done well enough to say anything.

I will challenge you to be a voice of reasoning and education from a different viewpoint than others as you continue to criticize Trump's actions, posters thoughts and information. Dont be a gatorman who was a blathering twat. Dont be a 26cornerbitch who does a drive by with a ridiculous copypasta tweet with no substance. Don't be a birddog and simply refute what everyone says to eventually post a link from www.ilovedemocratsandthisisallkoolaid.com to refute information. Don't by a lybob and get all emotionally wrecked to the point of taking every little thing personally. Dont be DC Tom because he's just a dick.

This site could use someone able to actually structure a sentence to the hyperbolic right slant. It hasn't had anyone since Juror. You may or may not live up to this chance.

I'm not a Democrat you dillhole. I despised Clinton and can't stand Bernie. Obama was a terribly divisive leader and I'll never forgive him for moving the goalposts on the almost debt deal. I loathe the Democrats and can't think of one current one who I'd support for president.

Jeff Sessions, a Fitting Selection for Attorney General

Donald Trump has appointed Alabama senator Jeff Sessions to be the next attorney general. It’s a sensible pick that promises to restore some integrity to a Justice Department tarnished by eight years of Obama-administration lawlessness.

Sessions, who is currently serving his fourth term as Alabama’s junior senator, is best known for his hawkish immigration stance; he has been an implacable opponent of attempts, by both parties, to force through Congress some form of amnesty for illegal immigrants residing in the U.S. He found common cause early on with Donald Trump, who opened his presidential campaign in 2015 by attacking the bipartisan immigration consensus that led to immigration-reform efforts such as the 2013 “Gang of Eight” bill. Sessions was one of the first prominent legislators to back Trump and became a key counselor, helping him create a practical immigration platform and chairing his national-security advisory committee.

Sessions’s selection as attorney general is fitting for someone whose career in public service has been dedicated to law and order. Prior to his election to the Senate in 1996, Sessions was Alabama’s attorney general. From 1981 to 1993, he was U.S. attorney for Alabama’s southern district. During his time on Capitol Hill, he has served on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

{snip}

Naturally, Democrats have leapt upon these 30-year-old accusations to protest Sessions’s nomination. However, Sessions’s record should put the lie to those attacks. As a U.S. attorney, Sessions helped to desegregate Alabama schools. He also led the prosecution of Henry Francis Hays, the head of the state’s branch of the Ku Klux Klan, charged with the murder of a black teenager, Michael Donald. Hays was ultimately executed, and a $7 million civil judgment against the Klan helped crush the group in Alabama. Sessions’s judgment about the Voting Rights Act, meanwhile, has been mispresented. Sessions voted with every single Senate Republican to reauthorize the VRA in 2006. Yet he has been skeptical about the need for its most aggressive provisions in the early 21st century. He is, in that way, of one mind with a majority of the Supreme Court, which in 2013 struck down part of the law, as a result of a case that originated in Sessions’s home state.

Jeff Sessions has an opportunity to restore the integrity of a department that has deservedly fallen into disrepute, and a foundational American idea: that no one is above the law. With due diligence, he might succeed in leading a Justice Department that actually dispenses a bit of justice.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442334/jeff-sessions-attorney-general-justice-department-trump-administration

I'm not a Democrat you dillhole. I despised Clinton and can't stand Bernie. Obama was a terribly divisive leader and I'll never forgive him for moving the goalposts on the almost debt deal. I loathe the Democrats and can't think of one current one who I'd support for president.

then you are a bitter contrite !@#$. If you can only knock holes in a proposition of an elected official without better, logical, rational and realistic counters than you're nothing more than a yapping little puppy.