Trump's leadership team

Rudy to State is not being widely picked up but some outlets are discussing it. Maybe a trial balloon. Not much written press reaction so maybe that balloon will fly. Makes no sense why he'd be the one or why he'd want it. Dealing with governments from within the confines of NYC is a lot different than playing a leading role on the world stage.

(Rudy having experience with governments as mayor of NYC is akin to your girl Palin having Russia experience from sitting in AK.)

And people underestimate the "Russia experience" Palin had as governor of AK. You think the governor of Alaska is completely uninvolved in matters of trade and ecological management with Russia?

Likewise, you think the Mayor of NYC is completely ignorant of foreign affairs, despite having an entire office dedicated to it?

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And people underestimate the "Russia experience" Palin had as governor of AK. You think the governor of Alaska is completely uninvolved in matters of trade and ecological management with Russia?

Likewise, you think the Mayor of NYC is completely ignorant of foreign affairs, despite having an entire office dedicated to it?

Oh...Rudy has foreign affairs experience...just check his consulting gigs...

Palin....you made a funny....

Do you think this qualifies him for Secretary of State?

I traveled 440,000 air miles in 2015-16. That doesn't make me a candidate to be ambassador to the UN.

It's not just the miles traveled but who he's interacted with in the last two decades. I'm guessing he's been much more involved in international affairs than Newt.

Oh...Rudy has foreign affairs experience...just check his consulting gigs...

Palin....you made a funny....

You honestly think the governor of a state bordering a foreign country is ignorant about foreign policy?

Of course you do. You're an idiot.

On another note, I heard that Trump might make money if he uses his own airplane instead of AirForce One. Don't think the security issues could be worked through though for him to do that. That's because the Secret Service would have to pay him to ride along with him. :lol:

First World Problems? How about Billionaire POTUS problems.

You think having at one time an "entire office" (ha!) dedicated to foreign affairs qualifies Giuliani to be the 2016-? Secretary of State?

This is a little more convincing than your defense yesterday of Palin for Interior but come on. Just because you can twist your brain into a pretzel to make the arguments doesn't mean they are good arguments.

Palin would not be a good choice for Interior. And Giuliani would not be a good choice for State. They would both, in fact, be enormously underqualified.

Giuliani for AG would make sense.

I would love to see him as AG, but my reasoning is not sound: after watching Eric Holder become a social justice warrior, and move in to take control of many cities' law enforcement, it would be the ultimately schadenfreude as he goes after HIllary, and undoes all that Holder did with respect to local police departments.

You think having at one time an "entire office" (ha!) dedicated to foreign affairs qualifies Giuliani to be the 2016-? Secretary of State?

This is a little more convincing than your defense yesterday of Palin for Interior but come on. Just because you can twist your brain into a pretzel to make the arguments doesn't mean they are good arguments.

Palin would not be a good choice for Interior. And Giuliani would not be a good choice for State. They would both, in fact, be enormously underqualified.

Let's review what I actually said:

Maybe. But I'm pretty sure as mayor of NYC, you have some interaction with foreign governments.

Still a questionable choice, at best.

That's not an argument that he's qualified. It's an argument that he's not completely ignorant. That's holding you to account for being overreactive and stupid: neither Guiliani nor Palin are suitable for Secretary of State...but neither are they thoroughly inexperienced in foreign policy as you mistakenly believe.

Yes and she or whoever is in that position should start each day's session with a recap of dishonest media stories from the previous day.

Katrina Pierson would do that. I know some (LA) think she's dumb, but when I saw view of her on YouTube she listens patiently to their bull And goes after them telling them where they're wrong and throws mud back. I saw her baffle and discombobulate CNN and MSNBC talking heads who acted as if they thought this was going to be easy and fun.

Since she gonna be in a room full of liberal reporters, you need someone who can handle them and remain calm and on point.

Katrina Pierson would do that. I know some (LA) think she's dumb, but when I saw view of her on YouTube she listens patiently to their bull And goes after them telling them where they're wrong and throws mud back. I saw her baffle and discombobulate CNN and MSNBC talking heads who acted as if they thought this was going to be easy and fun.

Since she gonna be in a room full of liberal reporters, you need someone who can handle them and remain calm and on point.

Listen. I was something of a Katrina Pierson fan when she was challenging Pete Sessions in the Texas primary. In the end, she's a flamethrower, and we can't have a flamethrower as press secretary. She needs to do what she's best at: making the media rounds and reciting Trump talking points against liberals on the same show.

I actually like Laura Ingraham because she strikes me as much more level-headed and genuine. Press secretary? I have no idea, but pretty much anyone would be better than Katrina Pierson.

Are you as sure about this as you were that Hillary was going to have it wrapped up early?

Let it go. Everyone who didn't write Dilbert thought she would win running away. There's probably ten times as many people now who "knew" Trump would win as there were eight days ago.

Hell, I was one of the first people I heard saying Hillary was in trouble, based on how close the early VA returns were...and I was still told by everyone "Don't worry, she'll win this running away." That's two hours short of exactly seven days ago.

Let it go. Everyone who didn't write Dilbert thought she would win running away. There's probably ten times as many people now who "knew" Trump would win as there were eight days ago.

Hell, I was one of the first people I heard saying Hillary was in trouble, based on how close the early VA returns were...and I was still told by everyone "Don't worry, she'll win this running away." That's two hours short of exactly seven days ago.

Not everyone boldly told everyone what was going to happen. I thought Hillary was going to win too but I didn't tell y'all on here to go to bed early because I, the all knowing one, said it's over.

Just like the fools who told us all the Bills would 0-5 after the first two games.

And besides, LA said we could dog him out on it.

Are you LA's Mom by chance?

Edited by reddogblitz

How about Tomi Lahren :wub:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2016/11/11/tomi_lahren_bunch_of_sore_losers_gathered_together_isnt_a_protest_its_a_tantrum.html

Are you as sure about this as you were that Hillary was going to have it wrapped up early?

Fair enough. She's a nut. Just like Trump. She would make a terrible press secretary, but now I genuinely hope he appoints her just so you can see more of her than just a youtube video.

Oh, and my mother died of cancer when she was in her forties, leaving six children behind, ages 5-18. So y'know...Tom ain't my phucking mother, you idiot.

Fair enough. She's a nut. Just like Trump. She would make a terrible press secretary, but now I genuinely hope he appoints her just so you can see more of her than just a youtube video.

Oh, and my mother died of cancer when she was in her forties, leaving six children behind, ages 5-18. So y'know...Tom ain't my phucking mother, you idiot.

Fair enough. He just acts like it I guess.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has told President-elect Donald Trump that he isn’t interested in serving as secretary of Health and Human Services, a Carson ally confirmed to The Hill on Tuesday…

Newt Gingrich also seems likely to pass on a cabinet position, although not for the same reasons as Carson. Imagine Newt declaring himself unfit to run anything. He told Megyn Kellylast night that he wants to be for Trump what Harry Hopkins was for FDR, a sort of technocrat-in-chief: “I want to be the general planner, looking out over the next eight years and trying to design how we fundamentally reshape the federal government.”

A name being mentioned for Secretary of Education in lieu of Carson is Michelle Rhee, who went to war with the teachers’ union in Washington D.C. when she was chancellor of public schools there in the last decade. She fired bad teachers and proposed financial incentives for good performance in exchange for an end to tenure — exactly the sort of reforms conservatives have championed for decades to reduce union influence over public education.

Steve Bannon Is Not a Nazi—But Let’s Be Honest about What He Represents
by Ian Tuttle

Alan Dershowitz Defends Steve Bannon: ‘Not Legitimate To Call Somebody An Anti-Semite Because You Disagree With Their Policies’

by Aaron Klein

Original Article

The media continues to try and focus on Steve Bannon, it will be interesting to see if Trump caves on this.

Funny that they spent the last 15 months trying to convince us that Donald Trump was Hitler........failing that they will try again with Bannon

There is certainly no argument that he is pretty far right on the scale, but any honest person would see that is no more than Obama's primary advisor (Valerie Jarret) is to the far left.

and she pretty much ran the country the past eight years.

Evidence shows that Trump makes decisions on what HE wants to do, the country survived Rove and Jarrett, we'll survive Bannon too

Steve Bannon Is Not a Nazi—But Let’s Be Honest about What He Represents
by Ian Tuttle

There are many denials that Bannon is an anti-semite from Orthodox Jews who directly worked with him for several years. They say he's a horrible human being, but not an anti-semite.