I would really like to know robey/gronk

No question NRC blew it. Kelso said he used the wrong technique and should have shaded inside instead of outside. I'm just saying that the Bills formation presnap gave Marcia an easy read.

And NRC knew exactly where the ball was going pre snap. If I knew the play I could have told you where the ball was going. He cant play his coverage like that knowing he had nothing behind him. He jumped the route because he knew the ball was coming and thought he could make a play, only problem is he jumped the wrong route. Its just a poor play in a 14-10 game.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How in the heck did Robey end up in single coverage with Gronk in the middle of the field on that touchdown

I mean....I know Brady might be the best ever.....but how does that even happen

Well they had a single high safety, so if you're in coverage you would think that the last place you could get beat is deep down the middle. Probably just bad recognition by the safety to get sucked up onto one of the underneath routes.

Edited by vincec

Well they had a single high safety, so if you're in coverage you would think that the last place you could get beat is deep down the middle. Probably just bad recognition by the safety to get sucked up onto one of the underneath routes.

The check was to man coverage.

NRC got beat, plain and simple

A single high safety only 10 yds off the LOS? That's the part I don't get.

Gronk is a mimatch either way but running a seam route against a DB minimizes the mismatch. Gronk really isn't using his size advantage unlike the speed advantage he used to beat Spikes on the TE wheel route. Robey-Coleman just blew the coverage. He let Gronk run right past him. It is just poor coverage whether it was against Gronk or a WR.

So you're saying Belichick found this on the internet too and therefore knew how to get Robey on gronk, which is like the Nepal basketball team playing team USA.

Nope

I'm saying that Brady saw the back 7 make a RAT check earlier in the game and knew it when he saw it a second time.

I mean, I saw it from the stands, and I'm hardly a genius

A nickelback should be able to cover a tight end one on one.

I'm beginning to think this Gronkowski is some kind of freakish athlete.

Lol...Gilmore couldn't cover him one on one either..

Let's see...best Tight End in the history of the NFL against a pair of good CB's...

I like the best TE to ever play the game's chances...

Edited by matter2003

A nickelback should be able to cover a tight end one on one.

I'm beginning to think this Gronkowski is some kind of freakish athlete.

It is a little late in Gronk's career for our team to be figuring this out! He's already on his way to rewriting the TE recordbook.

Meeks is ahead of Duke Williams now it seems...pretty scary. Williams supposedly had a great camp but hasn't been playing much lately.

They're both horrendous football players and Blanton is even worse. What bugs me about Williams is that he spends his time goofing around in reality TV shows instead of working on his craft.

Of all of the issues with Rex, the fact that he's a soft "players coach" irks me the most. He lets a lot of buffoonery go on in that locker room. These players are just not focused.

I think the idea there is that with Nicoles quickness and anticipation hes supposed to knock the ball down. With Bradys ability to throw into to perfect window, it did not work.

Nobody wants Robey trying to tackle Gronk

Have to agree on Brady's throw - couldn't have been better. Hate to admit it, but he was sharp Sunday.

Here's the play showing the pre-snap check...

https://twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/793476867605032960

As I said, Preston Brown sees James White clear out wide leaving the backfield empty, and checks RAT. It gets communicated to every layer of the defense, and from there it's straight man coverage in the secondary with the LBs zoning the interior to cover the middle hook patterns.

post-10666-0-68938800-1477938675_thumb.png
Edited by thebandit27

Here's the play showing the pre-snap check...

https://twitter.com/Cover1Bills/status/793476867605032960

As I said, Preston Brown sees James White clear out wide leaving the backfield empty, and checks RAT. It gets communicated to every layer of the defense, and from there it's straight man coverage in the secondary with the LBs zoning the interior to cover the middle hook patterns.

Thanks for that.

Bad play. Higher awareness from the safety could have made a difference.