Torrey Smith on the block

Reed83HOF

to your first question, Ragland/Shaq still would've gotten hurt so it wouldn't matter. They'd still be playing.

To your second, what if Ragland and Shaq are never as good or are just equal with LorAx and the Browns? You can play the what if game til the cows come home.

Exactly.....that is why the answer is "i dont know yet"

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Injuries are always bad, but having them all at the same position is what makes it such a downer. Last year we ran out of runners, this year we can't catch a break at WR. UGH!

Edited by Augie

Stick to one argument and don't contradict yourself.

If your theory is correct, than the Bills are planning it perfectly with Ragland ready to step in for Preston when he's ready to hit free agency, especially since you don't believe that the position merits premium pay.

It is impressive that you play on both sides of the fence in arguing that the position is devalued in Rex's D, but that the Bills blew it by not offering the moon for David Harris (even though he was never available)

The other part that shouldn't be ignored is Bills are no longer managed on a cash to cap basis, which was a huge consideration in letting Greer walk.

See jmc.........my position has been clear on the subject.

As for Harris........I wasn't a proponent of signing him in FA.........my point was that they blamed the defensive issues on communication and if Harris was the key to not blowing what should have been a playoff season in 2015.....then they should have paid him ahead of warty stars like Harvin, Hammy McCoy or Charles Clay.

Horse......then cart.

I never thought Harris was actually needed..........if it wasn't obvious then it is much clearer now that they simply did a sh*t job of preparing the D in the 8 months leading up to the 2015 season.........but Preston Brown was scapegoated for it and Harris WAS available so they don't really have a leg to stand on IMO as far as that excuse is concerned.

Of course not. Why bring someone in who could help?

*face on desk*

All this talk about salary cap, will he fit, etc.? Don't you realize it will depend on where he fits with Russ's Marketing Plan?? Although he has nothing to do with football decisions,,,

My position on this is we had absolutely no idea that Lorax and Z. Brown were going to play as well as they have......a couple of thoughts here

- What if Lorax and Z. Brown end up playing exactly as their contracts would indicate? Backup fill in guys and not guys putting up top of the league numbers? Would those pick have made sense? To me they would?

- We still dont know just how good those picks are even gonna be yet......what if they come in next year and are really good players?

Injuries are what are the driving force on all of this....What would this O be like if Sammy Watkins wasnt sidelined? They are allready putting up a lot of points in a running game orientated offense.

Tough to make that case to Badol, who very clearly went over the production Rex has gotten out of journeymen defenders long before the season started. He was on point 100% with that take and the draft picks also fall in line with what was being said.

They probably over-fixed their defense at the expense of roster building.

Drafting for need tends to keep you always playing from behind.

Now they will probably end up just letting Zach and/or Preston Brown go in FA over the next two seasons when they would have made reasonably priced re-signs while they got value at other positions from those 3 picks they utilitzed on Ragnuts.

What you need to do as an organization is find those $12M-$20M per year players in the first couple rounds so you don't have to fork out $100M deals to another teams warty star player in FA to get one.

I think their defensive picks were spot on. Alexander is having a great season but he is undersized, playing on ST too and getting up there in years. Having a bigger guy like Lawson to rotate in with him for a couple of years will be really useful. Also, while Zack Brown has been playing great I've been less impressed with Preston Brown and if Ragland can provide a more physical presence then I think he is worth it.

See jmc.........my position has been clear on the subject.

As for Harris........I wasn't a proponent of signing him in FA.........my point was that they blamed the defensive issues on communication and if Harris was the key to not blowing what should have been a playoff season in 2015.....then they should have paid him ahead of warty stars like Harvin, Hammy McCoy or Charles Clay.

Horse......then cart.

I never thought Harris was actually needed..........if it wasn't obvious then it is much clearer now that they simply did a sh*t job of preparing the D in the 8 months leading up to the 2015 season.........but Preston Brown was scapegoated for it and Harris WAS available so they don't really have a leg to stand on IMO as far as that excuse is concerned.

Your position wavers, unless I'm confusing you with Badolbeelz who would always complain when Ralph Wilson's Bills created self-imposed holes by letting free agents leave. Or that you use a lot of hindsight and fact twisting to fit the narrative that you like to spin or argue hypothetical scenarios that didn't exist, such as claiming that David Harris was available for the Bills to sign. He wasn't.

Or arguing that Bills blew it by not trading for Brandon Marshall, and slamming the team for trading for Cassell, while totally ignoring the reality that the only reason Bills traded for Cassell was because McCown turned them down the week before, and they had no other option to bring in veteran QBs.

BTW, how good would this defense be this year with your pet pick, Myles Jack. Notice that you haven't been banging his drum lately.

yes they are desperate. They need a starting caliber WR to stay alive this year and they need one after this year too. I guess they should just throw their hands in the air and give up. I really don't care about the money, it's not that much for a starting WR. They aren't signing a decent FA at this position because anyone who has a choice in the matter isn't coming here. Plus that doesn't help them this season.

Why anyone who has a choice isn't coming yolo? Curious... the offense is too run oriented?

Almost seems perfect. A guy who can only run a go route for a qb that can only really throw go routes.

Dude has done nothing in SF so his trade value should be very low. Watch the Pats will get him for a box of VCR tapes (and he would be that deep threat they need).

He has a nice deep crosser to.

Your position wavers, unless I'm confusing you with Badolbeelz who would always complain when Ralph Wilson's Bills created self-imposed holes by letting free agents leave. Or that you use a lot of hindsight and fact twisting to fit the narrative that you like to spin or argue hypothetical scenarios that didn't exist, such as claiming that David Harris was available for the Bills to sign. He wasn't.

Or arguing that Bills blew it by not trading for Brandon Marshall, and slamming the team for trading for Cassell, while totally ignoring the reality that the only reason Bills traded for Cassell was because McCown turned them down the week before, and they had no other option to bring in veteran QBs.

BTW, how good would this defense be this year with your pet pick, Myles Jack. Notice that you haven't been banging his drum lately.

Accurate on self-imposed holes......how is that incorrect? :doh:

David Harris was a free agent. Bills were in on the bidding. It got pricey and they got out.

They did blow it by not trading for Brandon Marshall.......that was exactly what they needed.

Matt Cassell was a hopelessly low target that couldn't even pass the team physical. The "no other option" argument is just an excuse.....there are always other options when the target is THAT low.

And sure enough Tyrod easily beat him out.

That trade cost them the pick they needed to outbid the Jets for Marshall, who they were also in on.

Remember that when Rex took over the top stated needs per him were a big WR and a NT..........they then proceeded to go impulse shopping.

The ceiling on Myles Jack is much higher than that of Shaq or Ragnuts. How would he be doing in Buffalo? How do you think Lorax or Zach Brown would be doing in Jacksonville? Jack is an extremely versatile talent.........and Jacksonville is an enormously underachieving team which indicates poor coaching.

Accurate on self-imposed holes......how is that incorrect? :doh:

David Harris was a free agent. Bills were in on the bidding. It got pricey and they got out.

They did blow it by not trading for Brandon Marshall.......that was exactly what they needed.

Matt Cassell was a hopelessly low target that couldn't even pass the team physical. The "no other option" argument is just an excuse.....there are always other options when the target is THAT low.

And sure enough Tyrod easily beat him out.

That trade cost them the pick they needed to outbid the Jets for Marshall, who they were also in on.

Remember that when Rex took over the top stated needs per him were a big WR and a NT..........they then proceeded to go impulse shopping.

The ceiling on Myles Jack is much higher than that of Shaq or Ragnuts. How would he be doing in Buffalo? How do you think Lorax or Zach Brown would be doing in Jacksonville? Jack is an extremely versatile talent.........and Jacksonville is an enormously underachieving team which indicates poor coaching.

This is precisely what I'm talking about. you completely invent timelines to suit your narrative. There was never a bidding war for David Harris because the Jets signed him before he could be FA. But that hasn't stopped you from railing about it for over a year.

Same with the Marshall trade. Of course Bills would have liked to have him, but the veteran QB was a priority, if you recall. You can't slam the team for things outside their control, like McCown deciding to go to Cleveland. There was no other FA QB available, unless you wanted to bring back Jordan Palmer. Why do you think Cowboys gave up a fifth for Cassell?

Not everyrthing works in a neat way that frames your arguments.