Week 7 Line up Advice

Matt in KC

Feel free to ask your week 7 Q's here as well.

Pick 2, including one TE .5 PPR

Martellus Bennett @PIT

Travis Kelce at home against NO

Frank Gore @ TEN - Gore has been playing well (consistently 10-15 points) but TEN looks stout against the run

Chris Ivory - at home against the 31st ranked OAK run defense. I just picked him up. He i getting most of the RB snaps for JAC since he returned week 3.

Ivory and Bennett

Ivory looks like the lead back again in JAX, and everybody runs the ball well against OAK (I'm starting Ivory in flex spot). He also will get goalline looks over Yeldon.

I picked Bennett because that Pittsburgh secondary is terrible, although expect NE to get an early lead and pound the rock with Blount. I'm less sure about this one, as that KC v NO game likely will turn into a shoot out.

How is Bennett after that dirty hit? He has been questionable all week for me. Is that when he hurt his ankle?

I'd go with Kelce, and Ivory.

How about Brees vs Mariota again? Last time I asked on this board it was a universal "you don't sit Brees", however hear me out.

Brees is playing in Kansas City and sucks outdoors/away

Home - 38 points

Away - 16

Home - 31

Away - 16

Home - 40

Away - ?

Kansas City has only allowed Roethlisberger to have a good game so far this year and are the 12 ranked pass defense.

Mariota is at home playing Indy, the 28th ranked pass defense.

Mariota has been a great QB as of late with consecutive 33 and 38 point performances.

Edited by What a Tuel

Re: Bennett, I can never tell anything from the NE injury reports. Who knows? He practiced yesterday (limited) so I suspect he is fine. My choices certainly get clearer if he (and/or McCoy) are out.

Brees does seem to have a pattern of playing better at home and indoors over the last year, but I would still start him over Mariota this week. It is supposed to be a calm beautiful Fall day here on Sunday, so no wind, rain etc.. After last week, I think you need to just say to yourself "He passed for 465 yards and 4 TDs last week. He is a stud. I am not going to over-think it." If Mariota shows more consistency (and strong results) I think you entertain the idea of switching.