I'd be pissed if I were Marcell Dareus' teammate

Estro

I know this topic has been discussed, but I wanted to point out how disappointed fans, coaches and players have the right to be in Marcell Dareus. He's a superb player, but his antics and behavior off the field are a real source of concern to me:

Since his extension which paid him over $25M in cash last year and over $15M in cash this year he has been a total disappointment.

1 - Last year he had 2 sacks. That's by far the worst of his career (5.5, 5.5, 7.5, 10, 2).

2 - Takes a banned substance (maybe ADHD, maybe pot) that costs him the first 4 games of this season.

3 - We find out the Bills front office didn't protect themselves financially from massive contract guarantees if Dareus gets suspended, which has happened before. An indictment on the front office here.

4 - Team isn't shy about getting word out that Dareus is going to rehab, only to find out weeks later there was no rehab at all, unless you consider visiting Bruce Smith rehab. Just an odd thing to put out there and then have not happen. Makes me wonder if Dareus kind of "blew off" the PR stunt.

5 - In his first week of practice after week 4 he severely pulls his hamstring costing him the next 2 games and at this point it's looking like possibly more

Point #5 really bugs me because a pulled hamstring in practice points toward the fact that his body probably wasn't toned, stretched and ready to go. He looked to be in awful shape pregame and on the sidelines of the Rams game. Looks heavy and soft. I'm hoping he comes out and dominates like he should when he's ready, but I'm just so pissed as a fan that he's not on the field. And with the money the Bills are paying this guy I really think he's on thin ice. There's no more time to tolerate his continued poor decision making, and the only thing he's proven thus far is that he can't be depended on to make good choices, and that's a shame.

Just think of what $40M last year and this year could've done for our offense. Your talking about being able to afford some seriously good players in FA for that type of coin. That's part of my philosophy on why I don't want to resign Gilmore for massive $$$. I'd rather save that money and spend it on our offense.

I'm still not ready to see Dareus go, but I'm concerned this won't be his last misstep and I think his next might be his last as a Bill, if that makes any sense.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this topic has been discussed, but I wanted to point out how disappointed fans, coaches and players have the right to be in Marcell Dareus. He's a superb player, but his antics and behavior off the field are a real source of concern to me:

Since his extension which paid him over $25M in cash last year and over $15M in cash last year he has been a total disappointment.

1 - Last year he had 2 sacks. That's by far his worst of his career (5.5, 5.5, 7.5, 10, 2).

2 - Takes a banned substance (maybe ADHD, maybe pot) that costs him the first 4 games of this season.

3 - We find out the Bills front office didn't protect themselves financially from massive contract guarantees if Dareus gets suspended, which has happened before.

4 - Team isn't shy about getting word out that Dareus is going to rehab, only to find out weeks later there was no rehab at all, unless you consider visiting Bruce Smith rehab.

5 - In his first week of practice after week 4 he severely pulls his hamstring costing him the next 2 games and at this point it's looking like possibly more

Point #5 really bugs me because a pulled hamstring in practice points toward the fact that his body probably wasn't toned, stretched and ready to go. He looked to be in awful shape pregame and on the sidelines of the Rams game. Looks heavy and soft. I'm hoping he comes out and dominates like he should when he's ready, but I'm just so pissed as a fan that he's not on the field every Sunday. And with the money the Bills are paying this guy I really think he's on thin ice. There's no more time to tolerate his continued poor decision making, and the only thing he's proven thus far is that he can't be depended on to make good choices, and that's a shame.

In defense of his decision-making, he didn't choose to post the above...

If I were Marcel's teammate, I'd be making more money. Its also quite likely that I'd be black based on the percentages. I'd definitely be a lot bigger and probably faster. And after my career ended from a string of brain injuries I'd still probably start better threads than the OP.

He's gonna put some hard working, cheaper guys back on the bench. You don't think these guys understand that?

He'll put one cheaper guy back on the bench, or at least reduce his playing time. Maybe he'll be the only one pissed.

Back to WEOing about anything since the Bills are on a winning streak. Must be hard for you.

Wrong again, my friend! So much so that you make it look easy...

Anyway, the streak goes on despite no Dareus, you may have noticed. He's an F'up, for real...

Edited by Mr. WEO