Zach Brown named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

I was over at the Titans message board, and most 85% of them are pissed they let him walk. Actually it sounded like our fan message boards, difference is that, at least recently Whaley has made good decisions in that regard. Gilmore will be an interesting decision next year. I like Gilmore a lot, but unlike Darby, he seems to be a little soft. Question is, can we replace Gilmore effectively, and in turn use that potential cap money to retain performers such as ZB, Alexander? My guess is that Whaley offers Gilmore fair money, and he hits free agency. Someone is going to pay him 70 million, and it ain't gunna be the Bills, and I'm actually ok with that call.

Tim-

I was over at the Titans message board, and most 85% of them are pissed they let him walk. Actually it sounded like our fan message boards, difference is that, at least recently Whaley has made good decisions in that regard. Gilmore will be an interesting decision next year. I like Gilmore a lot, but unlike Darby, he seems to be a little soft. Question is, can we replace Gilmore effectively, and in turn use that potential cap money to retain performers such as ZB, Alexander? My guess is that Whaley offers Gilmore fair money, and he hits free agency. Someone is going to pay him 70 million, and it ain't gunna be the Bills, and I'm actually ok with that call.

Tim-

I think they tag him as his cap hit won't be much different. Replace with a draft pick in 17 or 18 if he won't sign for a reasonable deal. He's not a complete CB - drops a lot of picks, doesn't make plays on the ball at times and is not a sure tackler.

Why trot out a tired maxim to refute a salient point? We've all heard the one about hindsight. These personnel guys , GMs etc are paid huge $ to have foresight. Nothing wrong with pointing out a lack of it that may have cost the team an opportunity.

Yeah sorry whaley should have known Ragland was gonna tear his acl. When did a gms job description start including soothsaying? Yeah sure you need it to an extent when it pertains to talent but that injury could happen to anyone at any point. Fluke accidents happen. I thought I was bad but some fans on here just like to complain about everything...

Im not guessing. I hope Whaley learns from this stuff, don't get overly aggressive in the draft. Let the draft come to you, if anything trade down. He has been burned twice now with trade ups.

Ragland's injury was a fluke thing and Sammy can still be worth it if he comes back strong after his recovery.