Zach Brown named AFC Defensive Player of the Week

I just checked his combine stats. Holy cow. No wonder he chased Edelman* down. 4.44 in the 40? 6.72 in the 60m in college? Yikes.

I just checked his combine stats. Holy cow. No wonder he chased Edelman* down. 4.44 in the 40? 6.72 in the 60m in college? Yikes.

I'm a big Tarheel fan and there were reports of him running in the 4.3's when he was LB over there. Of course then he was in the 220's which is still incredibly impressive. And not only was he a freak athlete but he was damn productive as well. I was hoping we'd draft him in the second round when he came out.

Too bad the Bills werent confident in the Browns before the draft. We would have a 2nd round pick contributing and Dak Prescott right now.

Did anybody have this much confidence in Brown or the whole LB corp in general after Ragland went down? I know I sure didn't. They are balling out so far.

It's easy to say this now, but any at the beginning of the season, no one was saying this.

Did anybody have this much confidence in Brown or the whole LB corp in general after Ragland went down? I know I sure didn't. They are balling out so far.

It's easy to say this now, but any at the beginning of the season, no one was saying this.

All offseason it was our weekest group. We picked up spikes and everyone said doom/gloom.

Hindsight is 20/20

Why trot out a tired maxim to refute a salient point? We've all heard the one about hindsight. These personnel guys , GMs etc are paid huge $ to have foresight. Nothing wrong with pointing out a lack of it that may have cost the team an opportunity.

Why trot out a tired maxim to refute a salient point? We've all heard the one about hindsight. These personnel guys , GMs etc are paid huge $ to have foresight. Nothing wrong with pointing out a lack of it that may have cost the team an opportunity.

So they dont draft an ILB, and then ZBrown goes down with an injury, and you get to complain about the FO's "lack of foresight" in not building any depth at the position with only 2.5 on the roster (counting Spikes as .5 since he can only play the run, and good luck starting Humber).

Whaley DID have the foresight that ILB is one of the most injured positions due to the violence they encounter.

He DID have the foresight to sign vet FAs to cheap, 1 year deals in case they didnt perform (lesson learned from Chris Williams).

Too bad the Bills werent confident in the Browns before the draft. We would have a 2nd round pick contributing and Dak Prescott right now.

So, does Whaley get credit for finding this guy? Or does he lose points for not knowing what he had and signing him to a one year deal and costing us a shot at Prescott?

It's sort of the Sammy Watkins argument all over again.

In Whaley's defense, this guy was going begging and that's why we got him on a one year deal.

I caught a little of the NFL network while I was home for lunch today and seen this. They had some great things to say about him but I only caught the tail end of it but I was shocked when I turned on the TV and there they were talking about a buffalo Bill on NFL network...! I agree with some of the above comments, I say we try to sign him now for another 2 or 3 years...