Trade offer

CountryCletus

Undefeated in 2 leagues, and haven't won a game in the 3rd- wth!!! Anyway, a buddy just made me a trade offer that could potentially help me, but I'm having a hard time pulling the trigger...

He wants to give me:

Gurley

Cooks

Kelce

For:

Le'Veon....

I told him to swap out Cooks for Allen Robinson and I would consider it...

I'm weak at WR... Sammy and Lockette are burning me, and Sanders was on the bench the week he blew it up.... Any advice would be helpful...

Hmmm...that is a tough call. It all comes down to Gurley, and if you think he will return to form... I am thinking I wouldn't make that deal.

LeVeon, if he plays, I am thinking he is good for 20+ points every week. I like Kelce, if you need a TE option...it is a PPR league? Can you start a TE as a FLEX? If it is PPR, Kelce seems reliable to to get you 10-13 points every week, maybe more other times. Cooks is one of those guys who is hit or miss...I hate having any Saints on my FF, as their offense, as productive as they are, just doesn't give you any very reliable point makers on a weekly basis, outside of Brees.

I rejected the trade and he traded when another friend of mine... I, in turn offered him a trade...

Yes, it's PPR...

Bell

Hilton

Rudolph

Ryan Matthews

For

Lacy

Demarco

Nelson

Jimmy Graham

He is thinking he will accept it, but as per usual with him, he will probably just ask for more...

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, new trade offer. I made this offer and am now unsure if I am making a mistake. I can still cancel the offer, though that is bad form:

I Get

Odell Beckham

He Gets

Marvin Jones

Martellus Bennett

Note: I also have Kelce, who just finished his bye week. At WR I also have Kelvin Benjamin and Brandon Marshall. My opponent has Kyle Rudolph (on bye) only at TE.

What do you think, is ODB coming back to his old ways this year? Should I just stick with the guys actually producing (though MJ is falling off from his high)?

Okay, new trade offer. I made this offer and am now unsure if I am making a mistake. I can still cancel the offer, though that is bad form:

I Get

Odell Beckham

He Gets

Marvin Jones

Martellus Bennett

Note: I also have Kelce, who just finished his bye week. At WR I also have Kelvin Benjamin and Brandon Marshall. My opponent has Kyle Rudolph (on bye) only at TE.

What do you think, is ODB coming back to his old ways this year? Should I just stick with the guys actually producing (though MJ is falling off from his high)?

Can you play a TE as your flex?

I'm wondering the same thing about OBJ. In keeping with my FF tradition, my first pick in the draft (I picked OBJ #3 overall) has been pretty disappointing, the weakest link to my starting lineup most weeks, so far. After all of his antics the last few weeks, I really thought this past Sunday, he would finally "go off". While he had an okay game, I still want more from him. Having seen 3 Giants games this year, I am really hating their offense. I am not sure if Eli has hit the wall, or if it is by design, but they are just trying to dink and dunk, west-coast style, and OBJ is just not doing much. The good news is, he is still getting a lot of chances, but Eli is just not accurate.

As an OBJ owner, I have pondered offering him up for trade (I have Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans, in addition), but I am just not sure what a fair trade value is. For you, since you already have Kelce (probably not as high a week to week ceiling as Bennett, but consistant), you are essentially trading Mavin Jones for OBJ. Given that you have Benjamin and Marshall, I think you could spare Jones for OBJ's potential to go off...as a FLEX or a bye week fill in, OBJ is okay...with the potential to be much more.

Edited by Buftex

Can you play a TE as your flex?

Yes, but I have:

RB - David Johnson, LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore

WR - Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, Marvin Jones

TE - Kelce, Bennett

Since I can't play them all, I think the right thing is to try to upgrade one. With Jones slowing a bit too, this seems like a good move.

I am a bit torn on the TE to give up though, and decided on Bennett. I hate routing for any Pats players, and my guess is he will be less consistent in the Pats game-plan, versus Kelce, though Kelce is past his bye, so I could just use a single roster spot there.

I'm wondering the same thing about OBJ. In keeping with my FF tradition, my first pick in the draft (I picked OBJ #3 overall) has been pretty disappointing, the weakest link to my starting lineup most weeks, so far. After all of his antics the last few weeks, I really thought this past Sunday, he would finally "go off". While he had an okay game, I still want more from him. Having seen 3 Giants games this year, I am really hating their offense. I am not sure if Eli has hit the wall, or if it is by design, but they are just trying to dink and dunk, west-coast style, and OBJ is just not doing much. The good news is, he is still getting a lot of chances, but Eli is just not accurate.

As an OBJ owner, I have pondered offering him up for trade (I have Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans, in addition), but I am just not sure what a fair trade value is. For you, since you already have Kelce (probably not as high a week to week ceiling as Bennett, but consistant), you are essentially trading Mavin Jones for OBJ. Given that you have Benjamin and Marshall, I think you could spare Jones for OBJ's potential to go off...as a FLEX or a bye week fill in, OBJ is okay...with the potential to be much more.

Thanks for the feedback. My fear is likely the same as yours: OBJ is just going to muddle through the year with one or two big games, where maybe I don't even have him starting due to his dud weeks.

Edited by Matt in KC

Yes, but I have:

RB - David Johnson, LeSean McCoy, Frank Gore

WR - Kelvin Benjamin, Brandon Marshall, Marvin Jones

TE - Kelce, Bennett

Since I can't play them all, I think the right thing is to try to upgrade one. With Jones slowing a bit too, this seems like a good move.

I am a bit torn on the TE to give up though, and decided on Bennett. I hate routing for any Pats players, and my guess is he will be less consistent in the Pats game-plan, versus Kelce, though Kelce is past his bye, so I could just use a single roster spot there.

Thanks for the feedback. My fear is likely the same as yours: OBJ is just going to muddle through the year with one or two big games, where maybe I don't even have him starting due to his dud weeks.

I'd keep Bennett over Kelce. Who knows if Gronk will get healthy.

I cancelled the trade after not hearing back for 24 hours. I really have no idea what is happening with OBJ, and there are worse problems than having too many startable players on my team. I figure the other guy saw my offer even though he didn't respond. He can get back to me if he wants like.

Someone just offered me Brady for Cam. At this stage I'm wondering who has a longer career in front of them!

That is close. I'd think CAM would be slightly preferable.

Brady plays in Denver week 15. Is that when your playoffs start? I would much rather have CAM going against Washington that week to finish in the money, as happens in my league.

They are close enough, maybe ask for more than just Brady in a counter-offer, if you think you need help getting to the playoffs.