Its only 3 games

But isn't that kinda what we want to see from Tyrod? If he's a Franchise qb, he should evaluate the players around him. Brady won SBs with David Patten and David Givens. Must posters killed EJ for his Jacksonville game where he had Hogan and Woods as starting Wrs.

I like a lot about Tyrod but he has had some games that look like a high school passing offense. How can anyone want to pay huge money to a guy who struggles at times to get to 150 yards in a league where guys are passing for 4,000 yards on average?

The great thing is he has 13 more games. But based on his first 16 games, I don't think he is a franchise qb. I hope he lights it up in the next 13.

This ^ He's still playing with NFL recievers. Look around at other rosters, aside from the elite WR's no one has guys who are much better than what we have. I wouldn't expect 300 yard passing games without a real number one, but I also don't think it should be impossible to pass for over 150 yards.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We NEED to win next week though. 100% CANNOT let a Bradyless Pats win 4 in a row.

We also need to see this thing called consistency and momentum people on other teams always talk about.

Who cares if they win 4 in a row? They will likely win the division regardless so it technically doesn't make a difference if they were to go undefeated.

Consistency would be lovely, i'm guessing it will continue to be a shortcoming in Buffalo

This week is huge. I'd be willing to wager most of us would have taken 2-2 with the 2 losses being by less than a TD each when the schedule was released. However, a loss all but eliminates us from any sort of division contention (not that we aren't in a precarious position already).

This ^ He's still playing with NFL recievers. Look around at other rosters, aside from the elite WR's no one has guys who are much better than what we have. I wouldn't expect 300 yard passing games without a real number one, but I also don't think it should be impossible to pass for over 150 yards.

Our WRs are comfortably in the bottom 3rd of the league, remove Sammy and I don't see anyone lining up worse WRs than us.

This week is huge. I'd be willing to wager most of us would have taken 2-2 with the 2 losses being by less than a TD each when the schedule was released. However, a loss all but eliminates us from any sort of division contention (not that we aren't in a precarious position already).

Our WRs are comfortably in the bottom 3rd of the league, remove Sammy and I don't see anyone lining up worse WRs than us.

The Rams and Seahawks have really bad Wrs.

Remove most teams top WR, and it's not pretty though. Plus tight ends practically count as WR's these days, and Charles Clay is making big bucks. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I'd easily take Baldwin / Graham / Lockett over our guys. You are right though, the Rams suck.

Baldwin was an UDFA and Graham (one of my favorite players in the league) is coming off a major injury. I'd argue that Russell Wilson is a major reason why Baldwin is good.

And the 49ers have a terrible group as well. Either way, in today's NFL, your leading wr shouldn't have 118 yards through 3 games.

WR is so difficult to judge in today's NFL imo due to the QB position. Wouldn't Robert Woods probably be viewed much differently if he played with Russell Wilson in a couple Super Bowls?

That's a really good comparison. Woods is. Sry, very similar to Baldwin.

Well that is kinda the problem isnt it.....you CANT take Watkins from the WR corps who when healthy is one of the best WR's in the league

I'm one of those guys with a low post count who came out of the woodwork. Yes, I watched last season. I saw a QB who could make deep throws and plays with his legs. I also saw a guy who struggled reading defenses, throwing over the middle, feeling pressure in the pocket, and going through all his progressions. I liked what I saw from him last season. I believed that if he continued to improve he would be a very good QB. My issue is that I haven't seen improvement in any of these areas over the first three games. In fact it seems like he has regressed as a passer. I simply found two games out of the three with just over 100 yards passing to be concerning. Yes, I understand that was the " game plan" but TT also did little as far as being a passer to convince me he can win games as a passer. I know some disagree, but there will be games that need to be won through the air. Throwing the deep ball with no underneath passing game is not going to work consistently either.

Meh, your ok. Dont take it personal that comment is aimed at those who refuse to acknowledge the things he does good while exaggerating the negative to the point where the whole narrative is "he cant do it get him out of here" I dont think the situation is there yet. I should have been more clear.

If you have not made TT posts prior then I apologize...I am not going back to look.

but

Are you saying our QB is "stupid"?

That was a pretty good team we beat yesterday that was at nearly full strength while we were not

Do you think it was a fluke?

14 is not a score to brag about :)

I'm one of those guys with a low post count who came out of the woodwork. Yes, I watched last season. I saw a QB who could make deep throws and plays with his legs. I also saw a guy who struggled reading defenses, throwing over the middle, feeling pressure in the pocket, and going through all his progressions. I liked what I saw from him last season. I believed that if he continued to improve he would be a very good QB. My issue is that I haven't seen improvement in any of these areas over the first three games. In fact it seems like he has regressed as a passer. I simply found two games out of the three with just over 100 yards passing to be concerning. Yes, I understand that was the " game plan" but TT also did little as far as being a passer to convince me he can win games as a passer. I know some disagree, but there will be games that need to be won through the air. Throwing the deep ball with no underneath passing game is not going to work consistently either.

Hard to argue with this very thoughtful and realistic perspective. Good work DF1O5.

That is all

Only three games and we have only two questions about the team: Offense? and Defense?

Edited by CSBill

TT is having difficulty sustaining drives and finishing the games. He has not been able to close out the games and run out the clock. Our 3rd down conversions are very poor. The game comes down to how much McCoy can do damage on the ground

TT is having difficulty sustaining drives and finishing the games. He has not been able to close out the games and run out the clock. Our 3rd down conversions are very poor. The game comes down to how much McCoy can do damage on the ground

This is a very likely scenario. Although maybe TT can lean on R. Woods and get something going? Some games he has been open a lot. So open TT could have been arrested for reckless quarterbacking. Still only a misdemeanor in most states.