Its time for Robert Woods to step up

Despite the criticism, Rob Woods is one helluva blocker. Old school type. He really is great at it....which is all the more reason to throw screens to McCoy.

It's quite amazing. Most WRs that don't get the ball usually pout and skimp on the other facets of the position (like blocking). To is credit, he's turned into a damn fine blocker as you point out.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree. Sammy said Woods is always open, Ive seen Woods open a lot. I dont know why TT and Woods have no chemistry but Im starting to think its a personal thing.

What if Woods shitted on TT in the QB competition last year? TT got wind of it and when he got the job, it was "!@#$ YOU WOODY"!!

Lol I guess its the Burn ward for poor Woody :lol::lol::lol:

Its true. EJ and Woody got chem. Tyrod is a better QB than EJ. This is what makes me think its a personal thing

I always thought that EJ and Tyrod were much closer as passers than most fans want to realize. EJ scans the field more and throws it into more tight spots (over the middle) more than Tyrod. Thus, he is turns the ball over more.

Tyrod is basically a 2 read qb (see Chad Kelly) and rarely is Woods one of the top reads. Most of Tyrod's big plays to Sammy aren't a result of great qb play. It's him throwing a deep pass (which he is great at) & Sammy making great plays on the ball. Woods needs a qb who throws a more complete route tree. He isn't going to beat anyone with his physical skills like Sammy.

Yes...I think he actually likes blocking. And he kicks ass. :)

Absolutely. I get why some smaller receivers wouldn't want to block, or why a star would demand the ball, but damn if it doesn't feel good to lay some wood on a DB the way Woods does.

Absolutely. I get why some smaller receivers wouldn't want to block, or why a star would demand the ball, but damn if it doesn't feel good to lay some wood on a DB the way Woods does.

:). Throw a RB screen to Woods' side and you'll get and extra 3-4 yds....and a CB with a sore jaw.

You can say that again. Can he though, with the extra attention he will receive if Sammy sits? I think Patrick Peterson is too much for Woods.

who knows honestly?

we never watch Woods as a group. Most just B word.

Having him block so damn much is ridiculous. This just in . he was drafted as WR !!!

Throw him a catchable ball. Not on the sideline like last week. even though he tapped it in. But hit the boy in stride for once in his career.

EJ used to throw him into the defense and TT doesn't seem to have any timing down with him.

I am surprised you can even consider Roberts vs PP with any real perspective.

How about we think TT vs the world. And him throwing to anyone on our team first ?

Can Taylor see him? And then, can he throw him open. Thats what Robert might do well. Timing patterns, slants, buttons and hooks. Throw to the spot please

I really hate this subject K. I think Robert Wood has been so amazingly under utilized it seems as it epitomizes Buffalo QBs and OCs

at least EJM had a decent rapport with Bob. Even if Marrone hated him . which i firmly believe he did, and EJ. and Urbik.

Bills have mishandled so many players.

Even Hogan. and i think that's obvious now

end rant/

:). Throw a RB screen to Woods' side and you'll get and extra 3-4 yds....and a CB with a sore jaw.

Thank you for giving the Man respect BBF

Yes...I think he actually likes blocking. And he kicks ass. :)

what option does he have. he aint getting the ball.

Now get him the ball in space and lets see if he likes to hit CBs?

How about we give him a screen with a blocker in front for once?

Jeezus i am pissed.

I always thought that EJ and Tyrod were much closer as passers than most fans want to realize. EJ scans the field more and throws it into more tight spots (over the middle) more than Tyrod. Thus, he is turns the ball over more.

Tyrod is basically a 2 read qb (see Chad Kelly) and rarely is Woods one of the top reads. Most of Tyrod's big plays to Sammy aren't a result of great qb play. It's him throwing a deep pass (which he is great at) & Sammy making great plays on the ball. Woods needs a qb who throws a more complete route tree. He isn't going to beat anyone with his physical skills like Sammy.

In 2015 Tyrods accuracy was been a lot better than EJ. I remember a bunch of us saying its good to finally have a QB that can make the easy throws look easy. I had DVRed every Bills game they broadcasted in jersey last year and watched them this summer when I was bored so my opinion isnt skewed by the last two horrible games. EJ makes the easy throws look hard. In my humble opinion the only thing EJ does better is throw across the middle of the field but, throws a lot of picks ex: the collapse in London. If we had EJ as the starter last season we would not have won 8 games we would have won maybe 4 or 5. Im thinking Woods is the 3rd or 4th read but he should be the 2nd read unless Clay is running a route. Point is we need to get Woods the ball more. He should have at least 5 targets a game, same with Clay and at least 10 for Watkins. The problem with that is we werent passing the ball enough for everyone to get targets. Also we dont know how Roman was coaching TT, it could very well be Romans play calling that determined which WR/TE was the 1st 2nd or 3rd read.

Edited by Marty McFly

• 2 weeks later...

Woods has always been sure handed and a great route runner. He is a complete WR(able to block, go over the middle and even stretch the field). All of those traits are something that the Bills have been trying to utilize. He is the most experienced WR on the team and he is asked to do more than the others. His reliability as blocker has been used a lot. His separation on routes has been very consistent....he just hasn't been targeted much.

That play that the announcer tried to call an illegal block was perfectly done by Woods. He ran a pick play that was less than 1yd down field and I think that was the play that Belidick threw the I-Pad over. Illegal if done a couple of yards past the line of scrimmage. Just the week before against Arizona that same type of pick play cost the Cards a penalty because the WR did it 3 yds across the line of scrimmage. Even the Card's WR thought he was doing it right when the flag came....not as easy as it looks.

Woods has a lot of unrecognized talent. I was happy to see him targeted yesterday. He has earned it.

Woods has always been sure handed and a great route runner. He is a complete WR(able to block, go over the middle and even stretch the field). All of those traits are something that the Bills have been trying to utilize. He is the most experienced WR on the team and he is asked to do more than the others. His reliability as blocker has been used a lot. His separation on routes has been very consistent....he just hasn't been targeted much.

That play that the announcer tried to call an illegal block was perfectly done by Woods. He ran a pick play that was less than 1yd down field and I think that was the play that Belidick threw the I-Pad over. Illegal if done a couple of yards past the line of scrimmage. Just the week before against Arizona that same type of pick play cost the Cards a penalty because the WR did it 3 yds across the line of scrimmage. Even the Card's WR thought he was doing it right when the flag came....not as easy as it looks.

Woods has a lot of unrecognized talent. I was happy to see him targeted yesterday. He has earned it.

Nice post. His next team will know how too properly utilize his strengths. The Buffalo farm team still passing out treats every so often.

@rand_getlin

WR Robert Woods was targeted 7 times yesterday. Caught every ball. Had a team high "yards per route run" average, too (per PFF). #GoBills

I think it is safe to say that he "stepped up" this week.

If he continues to play like this in the absence of Watkins, his stock can only rise, and he could be looking at a huge payday this off-season.

He has a ton left to prove. Consistency isn't a word i would use to describe him. Good blocker? You bet. #2 receiver? Not impressed, yet.

Yeah, that was pretty much the kind of game I would expect him to have 5 or 6 times a season.

7 for 89 yards as the 1st WR is okay, and best of all they were timely important catches. He was "good".