TBDAHOT XVII in review

Just Jack

What did you like? What did you hate (not game related of course)?

One thing we will try to announce/let people know more in the future, is chipping in for the costs of the tent and space it takes. This year it was $225 and we only collected $20 that I know of from one person.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Beerball typically does this, but after several failed attempts from the search parties, he couldn't be found... Mods, if you would prefer this to be hidden under the Tailgate forum, please relocate- but I'm hoping to possibly create more interest and expand our monster tailgate operation...

Typically I would end with this, but I would like to open with- if I forgot anyone that was there, from the bottom of my heart, I apologize!!! I was all over the place and certainly am not trying to omit anyone....

Jboyst- as usual, spread his meat all over the tailgate.... Unlike his usual, he brought a beautiful, coherent women who actually acknowledged knowing him... Yeah, I guess he's hitting that and hopefully we get to see a sequel next year (there's a first for everything, right?)

Bring Back Fergy- Fergy arrived early and won the "First in Lot" Championship belt! Good for you!!! You get to make rules that don't matter and you have bragging rights until the next TBDAHOT.... Oh, you also have to keep track of that damn thing!! DON'T BE THE ONE THAT LOSES IT!!! Ferg also burnt down half of Hammers grass trying to "cook" a cooked ham... And RAN back to the lot after the game and locked himself in his truck to experience some self gratification.... I believe this is Fergs 1st TBDAHOT, it was great to see you there and hope you can continue to make it!!!

Mrags- the Rib Contest CHAMP!!!! It certainly wasn't due to lack of effort!!! Mrags probably had the most elaborate TBDAHOT cooking vessel that the shindig has ever seen!!! Thank OD your beautiful bride showed up to be the brains of the operation or you would have been stuck with a jarhead to lean on!! Lol... Great ribs, great company!!! Hopefully this week you can take a breath and enjoy the tailgate- I will bring my Sammy jersey!!

Chef Jim- well- it only took an act of God to get you to Orchard Park for an opener, and after winning the last few openers, hopefully it's a couple dozen years until you make another one! Hahahaha- I'm kidding!!! You handled Ferg's meat well and your peppers were tasty!!! I think this is also your first opener, congrats- and hope to see you next year- but that isn't advice...

Mead- once again your stomboli was over cooked and Chef Jim was embarrassed for you- I'M KIDDING!!! You knocked it out of the park and you had a gorgeous young lady named Helen hustling it for you!!! (Not that it needed much advertisement) look forward to seeing you two throughout the year, and if we put together a TBDAHOT cookbook- you're gonna have to give up all these recipes!!!

CGF- she showed up to my camper calling me Gugny, but I heard stories about what the two

Of them do, so I had to set the story straight.... I think the only reason she came to the TBDAHOT was to see Chef Jim, because after she showed up- they both disappeared for hours... Great to meet you!

SidBuff- the runner up in the rib contest, but they were still kick ass!!! It was great to meet you and your wife, who I'm sure realized LONG ago that you married up! Hahaha ou guys are both super friendly and I'm sure I speak for all when I say that I hope you can make it in the coming years!!!

JustJack let me down this year!!! He didn't wear the sweatshirt stating "the opposing team sucks"... He also didn't regain the title for being first in lot... Just Jack and his beautiful fiancé built some kick ass Jell-O shots in syringes... Yeah, they didn't last long!

Guffalo- I would like to thank you for F'ING up my program.... I had Mrs Cletus convinced that my wings were good... Now you have to supple me with enough of your sauce to get her through until next year!!! They were great!!!

JW- glad you were able to stop by once again, it's always great to see you wearing opponents colors for the home opener... Hahaha... Hopefully Byosts half-moonshine didn't effect your piece...

Heitz- you're funny as hell and not at all as I remembered you last year.... Thanks for the laughs and hope you can return!

Jay Rubeo- the man with a kilt... And access to group tickets!!! Bc of your efforts, so many board members were able to attend the game!! Thank you for all you do that helps this shindig happen!!! You're new kilt was awesome and when you are ready to start the kilt Mafia, I'm in!!!

Devildog- It was great that private joker was able to make the trip from Patriots territory down to the Ralph (yes- it's still the Ralph) to enjoy this!!! I think you deserve an honorable mention in the rib contest as you were Mrags right hand man... Always great to see you!!!

R.Rich- better late than never!!! Rich won the opposite of the belt by pretty much being the last one in the lot... Regardless, it didn't take much time for him to track down Boyst and comendeer his cowboy hat... Happy Anniversary and We hope to see you this weekend!!!

Levi- I think it's incredibly thoughtful that N'SYNC was able to survive without their 4th member for a weekend... Please, do us all a favor and break up the band...

Rockpile- not what I expected when someone told

Me that you were Rich's brother.. Pictured someone a little........ Taller.... Hope all is well, and look forward to seeing you next year!

Soulman- he gets my vote for 1st in lot, because he actually paid attention to the instructions and had the TBD sign in his window!!! If I recall

Correctly, you take a lot of pictures, am I right? If so, please post some!!!

Mrs. Cletus- Thanks for putting up with my S*** and for dealing with all these people mentioned above.... Don't listen to them- I didn't marry that far up!!! Lmao!

Hammer- once again, thank you for allowing the best Bills group on the interwebs to tailgate at the best lot in Orchard Park!!! You brought back the Stadium Wall sign for all to sign, hopefully we can get pics of that on here too... Fergy will be back to plant the grass seed where he started that grass fire...

And finally...

SDS- thanks for creating this forum where we can all come and embrace the sky falling!!! It was great to see you, and I don't think you hear it enough, THANKS!!! SDS- the godfather of TBD!

The 17th TBDAHOT was a huge success!!! I feel like there should be a Gugny joke inserted here.... Someone help me out....

The 17th TBDAHOT was a huge success!!! I feel like there should be a Gugny joke inserted here.... Someone help me out....

The 17th tailgate. Wow.

Has anyone pointed out yet that we haven't been to the playoffs since the TBDAHOT started? I'm not saying there's a causal relationship there...but... :unsure:

Well said Cletus!

And special thanks to Cletus. He was all over the place (when be wasn't in the camper moving furniture) - Setting up grills. Directing traffic, marinating meat, cooking (venison, squirrel, chipmunk and skunk), the guy was literally a Jack of all Trades. He was first in the lot by a wide margin but graciously bestowed the belt on yours truly. Two final things: the corn was amazing, especially with use of the dipper and a special shout out to Mrs Cletus for all of her help as well. You guys are ok despite what Beerball and Gugny told me.

Of course it was an awesome time. I agree 100% Cletus. Maybe next time I'll actually have some time to sit and relax for the tailgate. I promised Ribs for everyone and didn't want to disappoint. Little did I know how much work would be involved to smoke 12 racks of Ribs. Next time it'll be much easier. Or I'm just saying that and I'll overdo it like usual. I'll see you this Sunday Brother.

I haven't been since Seattle and Tampa Bay back in 2008/2009 era, and when I was know as BlueFire, so take this as a grain of salt, as I haven't been in the loop on the changes.

However, back then, I remember there being a raffle, an area for donations, etc. I thought this year there wasn't much outside of a tent and the wall to sign that I noticed when I walked in that area. I didn't really know what was going on under the tent, and I didn't see anything to contribute to - back then, we all chipped in, got T-Shirts, there was a raffle, there was a donation pile. I used to drop ~$100+ easy for my group on the tailgate just on those things.

Personally, I loved those, and I'd love to see them back for next year. I'm planning on coming back again next year, been too long, and I'd be happy to help organize if everyone needs help.

I think the other thing that struck me was how many people I *didn't* meet this time looking at the threads after the game. I have no clue how I didn't meet joesixpack finally after how many years. The crazy part was we were in the black chevy SUV right outside the tent! In 2009/2010, it was obvious when everyone was going to Danny's, I had lunch with Rich the day before, etc.

I wish I had known about more events to meet more people again, and remind people of who I was that forgot :) I think SDS figured it out when I talked to him but I knew people wouldn't remember me outside of a few.

The nametags were a great idea but I think an official meet and greet event would have been great.

I had an absolute freaking blast though :) I just think we can make it even better!

Edited by Chilly

I can't believe how many people I missed, and I was in the black chevy right across from the tent! Obviously I have to get back there next year. I feel like I missed a TON of people this year, and I hadn't been since 2009/2010

Edited by Chilly

Believe it or not there was a lot of work behind the scenes to make it what it was previous years, and several of us were feeling burnt out. I can't promise anything for 18 and 19, but the 20th TBDAHOT, I shall try to make it as big and inviting as it was before.

Believe it or not there was a lot of work behind the scenes to make it what it was previous years, and several of us were feeling burnt out. I can't promise anything for 18 and 19, but the 20th TBDAHOT, I shall try to make it as big and inviting as it was before.

Please don't take what I said as there not being a lot of work behind the scenes - there was still a huge group, a big BBQ cookoff, and you guys did an amazing job!! I just didn't feel it was the same as I remembered while I was at the tailgate, and I wrote that from a constructive point of view - I just wanted to point out the differences from the past. I still had a blast. Some of the centralized things I remembered from the past I didn't see this time.

I had a fantastic time and already wish I was back. You guys are awesome :) I just noticed some differences and I didn't realize there was a place to contribute money or I would have, I actually looked and didn't see one - if there is an after the fact paypal account, I'd be happy to send some money to cover the costs.

I apologize that I didn't get my point across well - you guys were great! I'd just like to offer feedback to make it even better in the future.

Edited by Chilly

I think it would be nice if we had a check in table under the tent for people to sign in and get a name of tag. Big jar on table for donations. Have different people man it for an hour.

This was a very long tailgate because of Thursday game. It did give us good long time to get to talk to people. Get get food made.

I would be willing to make 2 bucket raffles Couple bottles of wine case of good beer. Maybe one bills item.

Fantastic time. Seems like it goes by way to fast. How do we do it on a 1 o'clock game day???

Sid great seeing you and glad you're back. Was fun to welcome new comer Titto1 from Ohio who will be joining us For tailgating when he comes to games. Fergy is now hooked. Disappointed did not make over to see Plezmed and his pot of seafood. Good to see CGF and everyone else. Some I did not see an apologize for that. Lots of love to my brother Rich and rock. Hope Boyst makes another game this year and yes I approve of Caitlin.. Mrags ribs ..... Missed SIDS and the ham was awesome

Big thanks to SDS for this place to come to.

Have made so many friends over the years.

Now We do a 518 lunch get together every few months for the local capital district TBD members. It is a fantastic time to talk Bills football. If you know people in your area get a lunch together. It's a fun way to meet members.

Thanks also to Hammer.

I'm sure this will be good news to some and bad to others (most, perhaps), but I am a 100% guarantee for attendance next year.

Posts like this violate the Terms of Service, as follows:

Do NOT post: Advertisements (We sell ad space to anyone who wants to get their website noticed).

Obscene material

Links to obscene material

Foul language

Personal or harassing threats

Libelous or defamatory information

Spam Messages

Personal "crusades"

Who won?

Seriously a great time. Next time (yeah like there'll be another) I will remember to not fill up on Stromboli and leave room for all the other great food. Hard not to Meade that there is some good stuff. Thank Guff for allowing me to use your AAA card to get my keys out of the trunk. Those not there? Don't ask. Thanks BringBackSpiller for allowing me to sit "near you" during the game. Mrags? Great ribs and congrats on the win. At least someone won that day. Cletus great job bringing beaver for all of us to eat. That's a friend. Not a great friend though. That's defined as a guy who gets two BJ's and gives you one. Next year?

December 4th Bills-Raider! Who's in? Let me return the hospitality.