[Vague Title]ok....I give

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't. 15 other teams lost this first week. We are just the most dramatic toddlers throwing themselves on the floor. Injuries happen, offenses or defenses underperform every week, but the difference is that we keep firing our coaches and front office people, which while they are not all always that great, also has the significant side effect of losing any continuity in systems, which does just about as much towards losing for two decades as a lack of talent.

But if the system sucks, which is likely the case when the head coach is a clownish blowhard like Rex Ryan, then does continuity do any good? If the Bills miss the playoffs again, which admittedly has yet to be determined, it will be 6 years in a row for Rex (and 6 years in a row without a winning season if they don't do better than 8-8). You would be hard pressed to find a coach with that kind of track record thought of as a good head coach.

Edited by IronyAbounds

The Bills offense showed a brief flurry of movement when McCoy got going in the first half. Instead of building off it, he rarely saw the ball the rest of the way. By the same token, Clay looked good early on but you would have never known he played most of the rest of the game. What kind of play calling and coaching is that?

That is incredibly well reasoned. I'm joking around a bit today with doom and gloom, but it fits my expectations of an 8-8 team that I expected. I just have this bad feeling that things are going to get ugly fast... I hope I am wrong

oh, it could. my take pretty much all offseason was setting the over/under at 8.5 but that 10-6 would be more surprising than 6-10. we are a middle of the pack team with discipline and health issues and without a top tier qb. we should end up around .500 but the wheels could easily fall off. odds are we dont string together 4 months of top notch football week in and week out though.

hopefully will still be an entertaining season but im expecting some hard ones to watch along the way too

It an over reaction, but you can't blame fans. 16 plus years with no end in sight. Image going thur another 3 or 4 years of rebuilding.

Imagine? I think we better brace ourselves. This team has gone off the tracks and it's highly unlikely the trainwrex can fix itself. Of course that will mean a full scale switch to a 4-3 or worse, a 9 Wide... 4 years on the positive side..

oh, it could. my take pretty much all offseason was setting the over/under at 8.5 but that 10-6 would be more surprising than 6-10. we are a middle of the pack team with discipline and health issues and without a top tier qb. we should end up around .500 but the wheels could easily fall off. odds are we dont string together 4 months of top notch football week in and week out though.

hopefully will still be an entertaining season but im expecting some hard ones to watch along the way too

It goes on and on and on...

The fromt office is where i would look first then coaching. The players are just the results of those two places.

Yep. It's the Curse of the Ralph, nothing changes until all Ralph's trash is gone. And for those out there happy with Russ and Whaley, this is exactly what you deserve, sad but true.

They really don't even look like a professional team, let alone playoff

Yours & PTR's post right in front of you hits on a theory that a friend once told me a few years ago. He wasn't trying to be vicious, but he said that

the franchise resembles more like a AAA baseball team. We sign a good player, he has a few good seasons to showcase his talent, but before his rookie contract is

over, things happen, his performance slips. Then when he signs with another team, he plays great. You throw in mediocre coaching, he said,

and after 2-3 years, the franchise fires him & they're back to square one. That new coach raises the fans' spirits, but 3 years later, they continue to post

sub- 500 seasons, and the cycle continues. Players see the Bills, he added, as a team that just can't get it done, and thus, they don't want to "waste"

their time staying in Buffalo, a team that never has a shot at the playoffs, let alone the SB.

It just seems too coincidental to be just an accident. Flame away.

Hot Take! I have good news for you, yesterday's Bills looked eerily similar to a Dick Jauron coached team. Maybe he never left the building. Let's listen to Rexy's presser and wait for him to say "it's hard to win in the NFL" so we know that the transformation is complete

I'm thinking a lot of posters here don't remember the DJ years all that well.

So does this mean that the rest of us are allowed to be realistic ("negative") now?

The realistic, i.e. "negative" types are otherwise known as "haters." But the people who use those terms are noticeably absent today after yesterday's game.

It was a close game, there were some *interesting* penalties. Based on the release of baby Gronk to re-sign Felton, and the 3 failed 3rd down conversions with <2 yards (and sacks)... Blocking needed to be better and they know it. I wonder if this was a $ move all along. I would not be surprised to see Gronk on the practice squad.

I'm looking for a recovery this week at home. If they are flat again, then it definately seems like this will be a long season. Watkins is a key component, but not the only piece to the puzzle.

It was a close game, there were some *interesting* penalties. Based on the release of baby Gronk to re-sign Felton, and the 3 failed 3rd down conversions with <2 yards (and sacks)... Blocking needed to be better and they know it. I wonder if this was a $ move all along. I would not be surprised to see Gronk on the practice squad.

I'm looking for a recovery this week at home. If they are flat again, then it definately seems like this will be a long season. Watkins is a key component, but not the only piece to the puzzle.

If they come out flat and emotionless, I hope the fans boo lustily