[Vague Title]ok....I give

If they show badly on Thursday I hope the crowd let's them hear it. This really sucks. The effort level and emotion was so bad yesterday that even while the game was still close it seemed like a blow out. Maybe it was just the people I was with but none of us felt like we were in that game. How's that happen when your trailing by a FG!?

That happens when you are a Bills fan. You know they will not be able to come back or if they have the lead they will invent a new way to blow it. It's Ralph's curse, burn it all down and start from scratch...I have been saying that for a loooong time now. Good enough to be 8-8 and bad enough to be 7-9.

We aren't even close to competing in this league and we have some good players too, just not at the right positions or they are busy serving suspensions

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't. 15 other teams lost this first week. We are just the most dramatic toddlers throwing themselves on the floor. Injuries happen, offenses or defenses underperform every week, but the difference is that we keep firing our coaches and front office people, which while they are not all always that great, also has the significant side effect of losing any continuity in systems, which does just about as much towards losing for two decades as a lack of talent.

Continuity of failure isn't a kind of continuity anyone wants.

It doesn't. 15 other teams lost this first week. We are just the most dramatic toddlers throwing themselves on the floor. Injuries happen, offenses or defenses underperform every week, but the difference is that we keep firing our coaches and front office people, which while they are not all always that great, also has the significant side effect of losing any continuity in systems, which does just about as much towards losing for two decades as a lack of talent.

Hot Take! I have good news for you, yesterday's Bills looked eerily similar to a Dick Jauron coached team. Maybe he never left the building. Let's listen to Rexy's presser and wait for him to say "it's hard to win in the NFL" so we know that the transformation is complete

Too early to give up yet... I think yesterday had a lot to do with lack of reps by first team offense during pre-season. That is clearly on Rex.... I don't think this offense is as bad as they played yesterday and the defense played good.

weve had similar games mid season with this group. it happens.

That happens when you are a Bills fan. You know they will not be able to come back or if they have the lead they will invent a new way to blow it. It's Ralph's curse, burn it all down and start from scratch...I have been saying that for a loooong time now. Good enough to be 8-8 and bad enough to be 7-9.

We aren't even close to competing in this league and we have some good players too, just not at the right positions or they are busy serving suspensions

I'm not going to say it's a curse or the years of the past haunting us. That is no excuse for the lax effort and the absence of emotion. Watch other games around the league...teams and players want it, they fight for it. Yelling at eachother and hustling, heck look at Stafford screaming at Ebron and Jones on consecutive plays. Losing would be much more acceptable if I was convinced all 53 guys were in this together. We have heard TT is a leader and the players gravitate towards him, we have heard Sammy is mature beyond his years, when do we start seeing this? Or is it all media fodder to hype up this circus?

Nah, it historically goes beyond that.

In all sports there are a handful of garbage franchises, and a handful of great franchises that do a lot of the winning. Then a lot of mediocrity in the middle.

What have the San Diego Padres ever done?

The Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908.

On the other hand, the St. Louis Cardinals have played in the NLCS EIGHT TIMES since 2000.

Unfortunately, aside from a golden, aberrational period during the Superbowl years, the Bills have been mediocre to horrible for the entirety of their NFL existence. Not counting the AFL days in the '60s obviously.

This is just more of the typical around here.

I'm not going to say it's a curse or the years of the past haunting us. That is no excuse for the lax effort and the absence of emotion. Watch other games around the league...teams and players want it, they fight for it. Yelling at eachother and hustling, heck look at Stafford screaming at Ebron and Jones on consecutive plays. Losing would be much more acceptable if I was convinced all 53 guys were in this together. We have heard TT is a leader and the players gravitate towards him, we have heard Sammy is mature beyond his years, when do we start seeing this? Or is it all media fodder to hype up this circus?

The bones in sammy's feet are mature beyond his years, that much we know for sure.

Theres alot of stupid threads and posts made last night and today. The worst ive seen in my 5-6 years following this forum. What are the negative posters going to do if we win on Thursday? This is the NFL. We all know the ups and downs from week to week.

I havent viewed us as a playoff team anyways so im not shocked. But damn, its just sports entertainment. I refuse to let this team ruin my Sundays anymore.

Ill be rooting for them though.

preach

In all honesty, Do you think they will get it together this year or is it more of the same?

if sammy is healthy, id expect it to be another up and down, hot and cold, season.

rex fits the mold for that. roman has some of it in him. tyrod not being an established guy but being physically gifted lends itself to that. shady being more of a home run hitter than 4 yard grinder fits that.

we were around the top of the league in big plays, as well as 3 and outs. i would expect us to have games like yesterday, and some weeks we will drop 40 on the opponent.

I was joking about the curse, but exactly what you described has been missing since the Superbowl era. Leadership creates the environment that drives Behaviors and Culture is the artifact of the behaviors. Our Culture is what you described...

if sammy is healthy, id expect it to be another up and down, hot and cold, season.

rex fits the mold for that. roman has some of it in him. tyrod not being an established guy but being physically gifted lends itself to that. shady being more of a home run hitter than 4 yard grinder fits that.

we were around the top of the league in big plays, as well as 3 and outs. i would expect us to have games like yesterday, and some weeks we will drop 40 on the opponent.

That is incredibly well reasoned. I'm joking around a bit today with doom and gloom, but it fits my expectations of an 8-8 team that I expected. I just have this bad feeling that things are going to get ugly fast... I hope I am wrong

Im sorry mods...I dont know how to change the topic as I have never done it.

Knee Jerk reaction when I saw the Sammy Watkins news this morning....we NEED him on the field this year to have any chance at playoffs

I am not oblivious to the facts that we lost a lot of help already to injuries in drafted players we expected to help us immeditely....specifiically Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland

I still held out hope because Whaley was quick to replace those players with fill in guys that.....if our offense played well enough...could still get it done on defense.

If Sammy is out defenses are going to take away Robert Woods and Clay.....Goodwin is a injury waiting to happen.....and now we are down to throwing to our backs all game. That is not going to work.

I have fought this with more people then I cared to after the game because I still thought that the combonation of Taylor to Watkins is frankly a thing that opposing teams would have a hard time stopping.

Maybe I will feel differently tomorrow....but today I am so bummed

Im sorry mods...I dont know how to change the topic as I have never done it.

Knee Jerk reaction when I saw the Sammy Watkins news this morning....we NEED him on the field this year to have any chance at playoffs

I am not oblivious to the facts that we lost a lot of help already to injuries in drafted players we expected to help us immeditely....specifiically Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland

I still held out hope because Whaley was quick to replace those players with fill in guys that.....if our offense played well enough...could still get it done on defense.

If Sammy is out defenses are going to take away Robert Woods and Clay.....Goodwin is a injury waiting to happen.....and now we are down to throwing to our backs all game. That is not going to work.

I have fought this with more people then I cared to after the game because I still thought that the combonation of Taylor to Watkins is frankly a thing that opposing teams would have a hard time stopping.

Maybe I will feel differently tomorrow....but today I am so bummed

Head up, John. Only place to go is up!

After such a stinker, I'm weirdly excited for a Thursday night game this week.

One observations regarding TT was that he was woefully inaccurate yesterday even on many completions.