Kickoff: Your favorite NFL play by play guy on local radio

gomper

I miss Van

The more I listen to John Murphy, the more I really miss Van.

Murphy:

"Taylor throws to the end zone and it issssss..........(one Mississippi).........(two Mississippi).......CAUGHT! NO! Dropped! Wait! Yes, Caught for the touchdown! Robert Woods! A 7 yard TD strike from Tyrod Taylor!"

The guy is brutal.

Murphy:

"Taylor throws to the end zone and it issssss..........(one Mississippi).........(two Mississippi).......CAUGHT! NO! Dropped! Wait! Yes, Caught for the touchdown! Robert Woods! A 7 yard TD strike from Tyrod Taylor!"

The guy is brutal.

I agree. Murphy is a run-off-the-mill broadcaster and does not have a unique personality. I definitely loved Myron Kope in Pittsburgh.

I agree. Murphy is a run-off-the-mill broadcaster and does not have a unique personality. I definitely loved Myron Kope in Pittsburgh.

Yes, Murph is average and doesn't bring anything defining or timeless to the play by play. That said, I hated Kope's voice. Just had an annoying tone to it . I'd say Reese is the best of the current guys.

Murphy:

The guy is brutal.

I'm no huge Murphy fan, but what you described above was Van Miller's last 5 seasons.

I was listening to a guy call a Carolina Panthers game last year on the radio. He was excellent. I have no idea what his name is.

Local for me is Bob Papa. He's good and not too much of a homer. I don't think that's the play by play guy's job.

Murphy:

The guy is brutal.

Van was the same way unfortunately.

"He's got a man, he lets it fly, and...it...is...................we'll wait....caught! Caught for a TD by--how do you like that?"

I agree with Bob Papa--he's very good.