Two Bills Drive Home Opener Rib Contest

Just Jack

In the Annual Tailgate thread was comments about doing a rib cook-off contest, so here are the official details...

Participants need to let us know they want to take part, by posting in this thread, before noon Wednesday, September 14th.

Official judging will be from 5pm to 6pm on Thursday September 15th, at Hammers Lot. You may try their ribs before 5pm, only judging will take place after 5pm.

Judging will be done by the non-participants, TBD Members, at the Two Bills Drive Annual Home Opener Tailgate (TBDAHOT)

How judging will be done -

At 5pm, each person judging will be given a set of tickets, number 1 through how ever many people we have taking part. For example, if 5 people will be cooking ribs, so you would have tickets marked 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

We will have the same number of cups/box/vessel of some type, labeled with each cooks name.

You will place the ticket marked 1 in the container of the person you think should be first, number 2 in the second place persons container, etc.

At 6pm we will count up the tickets in each container. Whomever has the most #1 tickets will be declared the winner. Second place will be determined by the person with the most #2 tickets of the remaining containers, #3, same procedure.

There will be a First, Second and Third place prize from my personal stash of Bills memorabilia.

Current participants -

m "should I stay or should I go" rags

Beer "please don't hurt my feelings" ball

Any questions or concerns, please let me know.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the contestants limited to pork ribs, beef ribs? Or could Cletus bring a nice rack of venison ribs?

I could cook venison ribs perfectly and you would have nicely warmed pieces of rib held together with jerky

You can start cooking whenever you want.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear (and posted in the proper thread)... I was referring to mikes jab at the belt... Or below "the belt"...