I am leaving a burning bag of dog poo on Joe Theisman's door

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't everyone remember him from the ESPN Sunday night days when Monday Night Football on ABC was still the big game of the week?

He was terrible then too.

His dad was Austrian. His name should be pronounced to rhyme with Heisman.

The "H" should be silent.

Should be "TIES-MANN" sort of.

Tyrod Smith? Really?! Have you been living in a bomb shelter, cut off from society, for the last 2 years?

I caught that and Clinton Portis needs to leave that sideline job alone. This is how it sounded.

Theisman: Let's check in with Clinton Portis on the sidelines. Clinton what do you have for us?

Clinton: Yeah ummmm welll it lookded like a pretty goood start nomsayin? The D rilly doing they thang. Lookin good though lookin good.

Theisman: Mmmmmmmm papa johns

Tyrod Smith has a receiver named Sammy Watson. Oh, and Smith needs to learn to move around and not stand still in the pocket.

I heard him mention Cardale a lot when EJ was starting and Jones wasn't even suited up. He also kept on thinking Lorenzo Neal was out of retirement.

He was dumping on Doug Flutie's son once during a game Doug was playing in (the boy was seated with Doug's wife in a crowd shot). Doug's son has autism... Paul McGuire stepped on Joe's line of commentary and told the audience about their son, and what the Fluties do for kids with autism. Joe awkwardly tried to cover his tracks and did a poor job of it.

Edited by judman

I have yet to meet the human being who thinks Joe Theisman is even a decent announcer. Estimating how many people I have watched games with over the years who have actually commented on Joe Theisman's prowess as an NFL announcer, I think it is approximately 7,482 to 0.

maxresdefault.jpg