Game Balls and Sweaty Jocks

Balls

Powell - made the team tonight and could possibly be a good slot guy for us.

Alexander - I expected nothing of this guys except STs. Dude was a force tonight.

Carperter - kid rock got his mojo back

EJ - I'm the last EJ but he battled all night. Oline was terrible, Wrs had a ton of drops, and a lot of bad penalties. Yet, we win that game minus a ref's call.

J Will - great td run and I forgot about Far, Stoned Karlos

Bills run d - looked great even with mainly backups

Me - for watching my first preseason game all the way through.

Jocks

Oline - especially the backups, got their lunch ate. Terrible performance and makes me really question our depth and right side of the oline.

Little - looks like a stud but has frying pans for hands.

Dez - he just look like he isn't good enough.

O'Leary - I was so high on him and he just has failed to impress

Refs - no one will care because it's preseason but that was the worst reffed game I have ever seen. And I played in the Gus Macker. Ed H'a juice is ruining his brain.

Me - for watching a preseason game all the way through.

That's a pretty good list.

Little needs to be cut. You just can't go with a guy who drops so many balls. Powell better make the team ahead of Little.

Spikes played well. Alexander is my surprise player of the training camp, he constantly makes plays. He's had a terrific camp.

EJ is really frustrating. He's way better than he was but the unforced errors should be minimal by now and they are just not. He had at least three completions tonight that were just horrible throws. He's better than most backups in the league though.

Aldolphus is a player. He's really got some skills. I'm beginning to think that John Blake is the Aaron Kromer of the defense.

Groy is awful. Kujo is still too erratic. We have no backup center. Mills is adequate at best. I really hope there is a veteran interior lineman cut near the season opener we can sign. If Miller or Incognito or Wood go down we may be in trouble.

Losing Gragg really hurts. Dray and Oleary are pretty awful. Annen is not ready. Clay staying healthy could be the key to the season outside of Tyrod.

I still think the Karlos cut was dumb. If JWill is out for any length of time we are suddenly thin at RB. Reggie Bush, however, still has a little left in the tank.

Duke looked promising up until tonight. He did not have a good game.

The second string D played excellent for a long time. I think Aldolphus was the only true starter on D who played and he is a rookie, obviously. The second stringers were a little gassed and the tackling suddenly went out the window. But going against the Skins first teamers our second unit played well. Seymour had his ups and downs but he looks like a gamer.

He also dropped two right in his hands IIRC. If he didn't push off and did get the TD then you would have a conundrum I think. Is he worth it. But he's so frustrating and it doesn't seem like a slump. This is his reputation. He drops a lot of passes. He's not going to get better. If you have a guy with serious potential, then I think you have to take him ahead of Little. Powell may be that guy. Lewis hasn't shown it. Boykin hasn't. Hankerson didn't. And Salas and Goodwin have trouble staying healthy.

He also dropped two right in his hands IIRC. If he didn't push off and did get the TD then you would have a conundrum I think. Is he worth it. But he's so frustrating and it doesn't seem like a slump. This is his reputation. He drops a lot of passes. He's not going to get better. If you have a guy with serious potential, then I think you have to take him ahead of Little. Powell may be that guy. Lewis hasn't shown it. Boykin hasn't. Hankerson didn't. And Salas and Goodwin have trouble staying healthy.

I think Powell making the team is a no brainer

but we need more wideouts then that....I think they both make it

I think Salas is the 4 and Powell the 5. I'm not sure we keep 6. Lewis will be cut and put on the PS. I'm not sure Little makes it. May depend on if they find a new TE who can be a receiving threat.

Balls

Powell - made the team tonight and could possibly be a good slot guy for us.

Alexander - I expected nothing of this guys except STs. Dude was a force tonight.

Agree with your list. Powell is gonna be the 4th WR easy, I been calling it since TC and the 1st game where Cardale used him as his go to during the game winning drive, hes a gamer, tonight just solidified it. Why so high on O' Leary? I never really saw him play well, always seemed to be dropping balls or falling down after catching it.

That's a pretty good list.

Little needs to be cut. You just can't go with a guy who drops so many balls. Powell better make the team ahead of Little.

Spikes played well. Alexander is my surprise player of the training camp, he constantly makes plays. He's had a terrific camp.

The second string D played excellent for a long time. I think Aldolphus was the only true starter on D who played and he is a rookie, obviously. The second stringers were a little gassed and the tackling suddenly went out the window. But going against the Skins first teamers our second unit played well. Seymour had his ups and downs but he looks like a gamer.

Agree, I was really disappointed with the Little interference call. Spikes was missed more than most remember last year. Alexander and Albright have been surprises but Albright in coverage was no bueno. Seymour is gonna be good with the potential to be really good in a year or 2. Adolphus is exceeding expectations and getting better because hes getting a lot of reps. The tire fire on defense last year was so bad (minus Colts, Jests, and 2nd Pats game), I got high hopes for the DEF, its looking like we might be back in the top 10 or at least 15 for NFL Defenses. What alarms me the most is the Starting Right side of the O-Line. Not good at all this game, and Mills and Miller looked lazy and gave up on a few plays, CLEARLY on the 1st or 2nd sack.

AND Powell is easily gonna be #4WR he outplayed everyone else.

Edited by Marty McFly

Honest questiion

If Little does not get called for the push off (which is not a push off the majority of the time) is he on this list?

because that is 2 TDs in two games and a iffy call away from 3 TDs in 2 games.

He's borderline. He has a lot of drops. A lot.

I hope we bring in OLine talent but I honestly don't think we will. Ugh.

If you mean dumpster diving through other teams cuts then I'm sure they will. There's not a high chance of finding something that way but it can be done.

But you gotta get open to drop the ball! And I'm half serious here. Sometimes drops get too much attention as opposed to "failed to beat his man and was never even targeted."

I agree that Powell makes the team. They have a real dilemma for the presumed last slot, assuming Salas and Powell make it. None of the remaining receivers have distinguished themselves. I think both Little and Lewis have played themselves out. Maybe they keep Boykin, and maybe they cut them all and scan the old waiver wire. Personally, I have seen enough of little and Lewis. Maybe Lewis for the PS again.