Jets QB situation

SWATeam

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point is that if you don't have a line to protect him or a WR to throw to then you might not be able to assess accurately. If you're picking a QB high (QB's in the later rounds rarely pan out), then your sacrificing resources that could/need to be spent other positions.

It should be interesting to see what happens in LA. They mortgaged the farm to draft Goff. They have a sketchy O-line- some coming off serious injury. Their #1 WRs are Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin. Beyond that, they have a stable of rookies at WR and TE.

If Goff gets thrown out there early, as many suspect will happen, he gets pummeled and turns into Trent Edwards, then what?.

It should be interesting to see what happens in LA. They mortgaged the farm to draft Goff. They have a sketchy O-line- some coming off serious injury. Their #1 WRs are Kenny Britt and Tavon Austin. Beyond that, they have a stable of rookies at WR and TE.

If Goff gets thrown out there early, as many suspect will happen, he gets pummeled and turns into Trent Edwards, then what?.

Yeah, it will be interesting. At least he has Gurley and a strong D

Just because the Jests have not succeeded does not mean it is not a valid plan of action. Does it ?

No, but Whaley has proven he struggles to ID a decent QB. In fact, the irony of the Rex hire is that he is the one who found us a QB.

I think the Jets QB situation is interesting, and I like their strategy. They have Fitz, Geno, Petty and Hack. They keep investing high picks at the position and are throwing numbers at the problem, maybe one hits. It's not so much about the actual players for me, I don't really like any of them, but more the organizational strategy.

QB is the most important position in all of pro sports- all teams should take this approach... ESPECIALLY a team with a near two decade long drought of anything even resembling capable play. I believe that streak is over but investment in the position needs to continue. I like the Cardale pick and I think we should continue to take one each year.

IMO the lack of investment at QB is the biggest contributing factor for the playoff drought.

I agree. Theyre rebuilding the position much like we did before we found Tyrod. You never know who will play well at the NFL level, so drafting and bringing in vets via FA is the best bet.

No, but Whaley has proven he struggles to ID a decent QB. In fact, the irony of the Rex hire is that he is the one who found us a QB.

I find this to be true. But at least Whaley had the wherewithal to trust Rex??!!

I am pleased honestly about Tyrod Taylor

I'm sure Whaley was well aware of Tyrod and his ability. I doubt we'll ever know who drove this and to what extent. I will give Rex props as it seems sure he was a big Tyrod backer. See, I CAN give Rex props!

I loved Fitz, if we had any type of defense when he was here we may have been able to break the playoff drought. That being said there is no way he will repeat his 2015 this season. 1) he's is a inconsistent player always has been 2) there schedule is brutal

We may have been in position for the playoffs, but rest assured Pickspatrick would have thrown a crippling INT in the 4th quarter of week 17 to kill that fantasy.

I think the Jets QB situation is interesting, and I like their strategy. They have Fitz, Geno, Petty and Hack. They keep investing high picks at the position and are throwing numbers at the problem, maybe one hits. It's not so much about the actual players for me, I don't really like any of them, but more the organizational strategy.

QB is the most important position in all of pro sports- all teams should take this approach... ESPECIALLY a team with a near two decade long drought of anything even resembling capable play. I believe that streak is over but investment in the position needs to continue. I like the Cardale pick and I think we should continue to take one each year.

IMO the lack of investment at QB is the biggest contributing factor for the playoff drought.

Hopefully we can snag Petty or Hack as a backup when ej is gone and if TT doesn't pan out.

I expect TT to pan out, and expect EJ plays his last year here. Next year, I can see us picking up a veteran back up. I would think we would give one more year for Cardale to develop. After two full years if he cannot at least be a viable #2, we'll draft another QB in 2018.

Just guesses, but so many variables relating to TT's performance, etc.

I expect TT to pan out, and expect EJ plays his last year here. Next year, I can see us picking up a veteran back up. I would think we would give one more year for Cardale to develop. After two full years if he cannot at least be a viable #2, we'll draft another QB in 2018.

Just guesses, but so many variables relating to TT's performance, etc.

Suspect that is pretty much their ideal plan.

Hopefully we can snag Petty or Hack as a backup when ej is gone and if TT doesn't pan out.

It's hilarious how you bash EJ and want these 2. I guarantee you they won't come close to ever throwing as many tds as EJ has. EJ ain't the best but he's better than those two scrubs.

And let's settle down laughing at Fitz, a guy who would have set a Bills record for td passes in a season and had 10 wins, something we haven't had since Flutie.

It's hilarious how you bash EJ and want these 2. I guarantee you they won't come close to ever throwing as many tds as EJ has. EJ ain't the best but he's better than those two scrubs.

And let's settle down laughing at Fitz, a guy who would have set a Bills record for td passes in a season and had 10 wins, something we haven't had since Flutie.

the truth can be painful

Edited by 3rdand12