1 have the 2nd pick

The Tomcat

Do they zero RB strategy it's going to be the norm after so many high profile injuries at the position last year. Take Beckham or Julio then when you pick again cross your fingers that Arob/Mike Evans are still on the board.

Edited by Commonsense

Top 3 are the best three spots this year. #2 - I'd take OBJ (slightly higher upside than Julio Jones). I tend to go against the norm and am not all-in on Zero RB like I was last year, as WRs are flying off the board.

For me, the tiers at the top of the draft look like:

Top 3

Antonio Brown

OBJ

Julio

Next 3

A.J. Green

DeAndre Hopkins

David Johnson

Todd Gurley

8-12

Big pileup here of players.

Biggest thing: Always, always, always let the draft fall to you and take the best available player.

I'm seeing a lot of good drafts from the top 3 and much prefer one of those picks (or top-6) over later in the draft this year.

For reference, I'm in an MFL 10 draft right now with a bunch of fantasy pros. Matt Harmon (Fantasy Writer for Footballguys and NFL.com), and he got the #2 spot.

His picks so far:

1.02 - Beckham

2.11 - Jamaal Charles

3.02 - Randall Cobb

4.11 - John Brown

5.02 - Tyler Lockett

Pretty solid draft so far (this league is PPR 2 RB, 3 WR, and a flex).

Dennis Esser has the #3 pick (from fantasypros.com), he took:

1.03 - Julio

2.10 - Amari Cooper

3.03 - Sammy

4.10 - Jordan Reed

5.03 - DeMarco Murray

Pretty solid team as well.

Compare this to Waz (@WazNFL) who is drafting from 12:

1.12 - Adrian Peterson

2.01 - Brandon Marshall

3.12 - Carlos Hyde

4.01 - Julian Edelman

5.12 - Delanie Walker

6.01 - Andrew Luck

I much, much prefer the teams from #2 and #3 over this one.

Finally, for reference, I'm drafting from #7 and like my team as well, but taking Gurley hurt my #1 receiver (even though I think T.Y. is probably around receiver #10).

So far I've got:

1.07 - Todd Gurley

2.06 - T.Y. Hilton

3.07 - Demaryius Thomas

4.06 - C.J. Anderson

5.07 - DeVante Parker

6.06 - Jeremy Hill

Been looking at things...top 3 is a good spot. It's #4,5,6 that I dont know what I'd do.

In a non keeper league 1-6 is a good spot. 1-3 is better.

Brown

Beckham

Julio

Hopkins

Gurley

Johnson

4-6 is a drop off but you get a quicker turn around, you could pair up very well depending on the board.

Highly recommend doing some mock drafts. That way you cna play with the strategy and see what happens. This year people are WR crazy. Normally I go against the trend but at 2 I would go with OBJ, AB, or Julio whichever is there and you feel best about.

In a non keeper league 1-6 is a good spot. 1-3 is better.

Brown

Beckham

Julio

Hopkins

Gurley

Johnson

4-6 is a drop off but you get a quicker turn around, you could pair up very well depending on the board.

I'd put AJ Green and David Johnson above Gurley myself, especially in a ppr. Gurley doesn't catch passes and Cunningham will have a third down passing role.

I also may consider Dez above Gurley. As long as Romo is healthy the guy is a monster.

Edited by Chilly

I'd put AJ Green and David Johnson above Gurley myself, especially in a ppr. Gurley doesn't catch passes and Cunningham will have a third down passing role.

I also may consider Dez above Gurley. As long as Romo is healthy the guy is a monster.

I'm high on Mike Evans this year too, hoping to pair him with Julio (my keeper). Winston loves him and if Evans didn't have such a bad year with drops he would have been a stat machine. He started off slow last year with a bum hammy. I'm not a Gurley guy either, he is going to have some tough sledding in his division and the AFC Beast. How long can he hold up against 8 man fronts?

Don't know where I'm picking yet, our draft order don't populate until 30 minutes prior but I'm pumped!

I don't want it....either 1st pick (Antonio Brown) or I'd rather be later in 12 team league.

Who should I go with at #2? 12 team league 1/2 ppr.

I hate this spot.

Julio Jones has been going number 2 in most of the mocks I've been in. As I draft 3rd overall in a 12 team PPR.

Highly recommend doing some mock drafts. That way you cna play with the strategy and see what happens. This year people are WR crazy. Normally I go against the trend but at 2 I would go with OBJ, AB, or Julio whichever is there and you feel best about.

I've been playing around with the one from FantasyPros - http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl

I've looked at the Zero RB stuff but I can't stop getting googly eyed with Zeke, Gurley and Miller.

Been a couple weeks and Zeke's ADP is now 79?!!!! Maybe those allegations carry some real weight.

Edited by Blokestradamus

I think the only way you go here is top WR, especially if your league is PPR. OBJ or Julio. I don't think many of the RB's would be worth having, and missing out on all the talent until pick #23.

Although looking at ADP, I might want Gurley and Alshon Jeffery over OBJ and McCoy

I've been playing around with the one from FantasyPros - http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl

I've looked at the Zero RB stuff but I can't stop getting googly eyed with Zeke, Gurley and Miller.

Been a couple weeks and Zeke's ADP is now 79?!!!! Maybe those allegations carry some real weight.

No way Zeke goes that late. It may have been after the injury scare but I haven't seen him out of the first and absolute latest early 2nd. I'll explain my fascination with zero rb below.

I think the only way you go here is top WR, especially if your league is PPR. OBJ or Julio. I don't think many of the RB's would be worth having, and missing out on all the talent until pick #23.

Although looking at ADP, I might want Gurley and Alshon Jeffery over OBJ and McCoy

Since I don't think anyone of you guys are in my leagues :bag: lol:

Use beer sheets. They have sheets for every single type of league and do a great job. Probably my favorite pre draft resource.

This year is all about wrs. Grab them early as (hope I don't jinx it) wrs are pretty consistent and you know who the top guys are. Rbs are not year to year. This year I can argue against every single top back. AP is old, Gurley plays on a terrible team and doesn't have a full year of production, Neither does D Johnson, Lamar although he has shined when playing hasn't been a bellcow, etc... Barring injury (can't predict) you know AB, Julio, OBJ, etc.. are consistent big performers.

You can also wait on qbs this year as some good producers are going very late. If you are a 10 team league Tyrod is going VERY late as well as Stafford, Matt Ryan, etc...

Now for RBs I go by the strategy that you can never have to many. Last year people in one of my leagues laughed at me as I ended up with 8 rbs at the end of the draft. I just threw as much against the wall as I could. RBs are so hard to peg so I go by grab as many as I can and hope. Obviously having studs at other positions helps with this strategy.

Most of this is probably well known but its how I am approaching the draft this year...