Tim Tebow to pursue career in baseball

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on what? Tebow seems like a hell of a nice guy, but he also has shown himself to be very stubborn and serve only himself and his goals. Refusing to switch positions to help the team, for example. I doubt he would be a good coach, because he would be focused on yet another comeback attempt.

JMO of course. But I don't see him being a good coach. Motivator maybe, not a good coach

It's hard to fault a college champion (and NFL playoff game winning) qb for wanting his shot at QB instead of TE. If we tried to move tyrod to safety suddenly I wouldn't give him a hard time for balking at the idea.

Frankly, there's little reason to believe that the move would be better for the teams even.

@KnuckleballFRS

Atlantic League's Bridgeport Bluefish extend offer to Tim Tebow

https://t.co/Ss3E0MbiTp

He won't take it. He could have tried the CFL to stay with football but his attitude was "NFL or nothing". He could have tried switching to TE or LB but his attitude was "QB or nothing"

I'm betting his attitude with baseball will be "MLB affiliate or nothing"

@BNightengale

Sandy Alderson acknowledges that Tim Tebow won't be available every day in instructional league because of Tebow's ESPN broadcasting job

So he's fully committed to baseball, sort of....

I don't get the Tebow love or the hate... I long for a world of Tebow ambivalence. I mean seriously a good college QB washes out of the NFL but gains legions of sheeple fawning after him because he genuflects in the end zone after a jump pass.

There were actually Denver fans that liked him over Manning and objected to how things worked out at the time. I mean can anyone who's ever watched both of those guys play fathom that idea??

He may as well be a kardashian, a publicity stunt, a gimmick that will continue being famous for being famous and continuously reinvent ways to re occupy the tabloid news cycle. So good for him for cracking the code, but come on folks...

So he's fully committed to baseball, sort of....

I don't get the Tebow love or the hate... I long for a world of Tebow ambivalence. I mean seriously a good college QB washes out of the NFL but gains legions of sheeple fawning after him because he genuflects in the end zone after a jump pass.

There were actually Denver fans that liked him over Manning and objected to how things worked out at the time. I mean can anyone who's ever watched both of those guys play fathom that idea??

He may as well be a kardashian, a publicity stunt, a gimmick that will continue being famous for being famous and continuously reinvent ways to re occupy the tabloid news cycle. So good for him for cracking the code, but come on folks...

Anything (other than an analyst job, where he has to follow rules) to get a camera on him and a mic in front of his face so he can cram his agenda down our throats.

Thanks for being a sideshow to get the Mets minors a little spending money, fraud boy.

I've actually never heard the guy try to cram anything down anyone's throat.

I didn't understand the blind obsession with his (obvious lack of) skills as a QB coming out of college and I've never understood the anger directed at him. If you don't click on Tebow links and you don't watch SportsCenter, you'll actually hear very little about the guy, no matter what he's doing.

Full disclosure I, I'm a big Mets fan.

Full disclosure II, I don't expect Tebow to make it as a MLB player.

Tebow was an intriguing NFLer. Had some big moments that made me wonder if he had the "it" factor but had a far greater suck factor.

But I never questioned his desire or effort or that his beliefs were an on-field detriment (although a huge off-field distraction from the fan/hater perspective).

I have no problem with the Mets signing him. They're in the midst of an (unlikely) playoff drive so nobody will care about him until spring training...assuming he's still around in February. And I'm not buying into 20+ teams checking in on his work-out and the signing being a publicity stunt in September when the team is alive and well! The Mets are taking a flyer on a guy with some level of talent and a ton of heart and I don't see the risk. This is not the NFL where he's taking up a roster spot.