The Last Ship

Season 3 is getting interesting with the Chinese. But I have the feeling it's going to end up like Falling Skies, where it just seems to drag on and on.

See I loved Falling Skies as well.....but man the finale of that show was just soooooo aweful....rushed and aweful

I loved the first season or two of Falling Skies. Then it just went down hill. And that ending was terrible

I've watched both seasons. Oddly also watched Falling Skies until the no good, VERY weird end.

I think the people behind TLS sense apocalypse fatigue (Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys,etc.) and that's why in the second season they are moving into more geopolitical story lines.

I want to like this show but it has gotten slow and it's odd how they've made Chandler into Admiral Jack Bauer. I think they need to give the President more to do than nervously wait around. They have this ship and absent the crazy British brothers with the sub, there's been few real naval threats to the boat.

I've watched both seasons. Oddly also watched Falling Skies until the no good, VERY weird end.

I think the people behind TLS sense apocalypse fatigue (Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, 12 Monkeys,etc.) and that's why in the second season they are moving into more geopolitical story lines.

I want to like this show but it has gotten slow and it's odd how they've made Chandler into Admiral Jack Bauer. I think they need to give the President more to do than nervously wait around. They have this ship and absent the crazy British brothers with the sub, there's been few real naval threats to the boat.

That is why they are bringing in other countries (like the chinese) and the possibility of shooting down their drone.

This show could be very good if they do it right.....I think they are killing off charactors that really could add to the show just to replace them with others (for instance.....hot red headed techie with hot asian helicopter pilot I know that they are working this love interest with "wolf" with them but they cant exist together?

Killing off the doctor after season 1 was a huge mistake

Can someone explain to me why different ships looking for the same cure to SAVE THE WORLD refuse to share information?

Ships weren't looking for the cure, the Nathan James had a scientist on board create a vaccine and then they were able to distribute it to America. As with any disruption of power some will use tragedy to gain power and don't wont the cure or just not yet which is what is going on with China. However there also seems to be a problem with the vaccine in Asia and isn't working due to maybe the virus adapting but that hasn't fully played out this season.

Season 3 is getting interesting with the Chinese. But I have the feeling it's going to end up like Falling Skies, where it just seems to drag on and on.

Falling Skies was awesome but ending was anticlimactic. If the show doesn't drag on then there is no show, so things that would get resolved quicker in the real world are more "complicated" in Tv-Land.

As far as the not sharing of information

I think what the show writers are trying to portray is without civilization you start going back to the days of the "warlords" mentality.......if you own the cure then you control it therefore you are more powerful.

The US in good faith is trying to disseminate it to the world.......but in the storyline you see that once it gets to a certain country level the cure seems to not be dissemenating further

and the further story line is make some look like bad guys when in fact they are not necessarily bad guys and are just trying to survive. I feel that as this story line plays out this "pirate" who captured the nathan james crew and was using their blood is not going to end up being the ultimate bad guy here.....the chinese head of government will be and the pirate will just be someone that cares about his wife and his own group and willing to do whatever it took to take care of them.

As far as the not sharing of information

I think what the show writers are trying to portray is without civilization you start going back to the days of the "warlords" mentality.......if you own the cure then you control it therefore you are more powerful.

The US in good faith is trying to disseminate it to the world.......but in the storyline you see that once it gets to a certain country level the cure seems to not be dissemenating further

and the further story line is make some look like bad guys when in fact they are not necessarily bad guys and are just trying to survive. I feel that as this story line plays out this "pirate" who captured the nathan james crew and was using their blood is not going to end up being the ultimate bad guy here.....the chinese head of government will be and the pirate will just be someone that cares about his wife and his own group and willing to do whatever it took to take care of them.

The politics of the show weren't apparent in the 1st season. And it makes little sense to make it the focal point of the show.

I stopped watching because two ships just started fighting each other for no reason, other than that fact that both had pieces of information they didn't want to share with the other, and they wanted what the other had. Intelligently, they should both be broadcasting every single piece of information they had to everyone left to listen, instead of maintaining military protocol.

A cure for a cataclysm that is supposedly killing billions is being hindered by petty nationalist allegiances. They fight for the "power" to rule a pile of corpses. Idiots.

The world is dying, who gives a frack if some warlords get it, and decide to keep it for themselves. At least there would still be people left. It's down to survival of the species.

When the Americans figured out how to take down the alien spaceships in Independence Day, did they keep it to themselves? No, they broadcast how to everyone in the world.

Edited by unbillievable

Oh snap!

Didnt expect the President to do that!

I have to say - I didn't see that one coming. I actually thought the reporter and Dr. Scott's killer dead in one big murder montage.