Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. OyAuevau_200x200.jpg

SABRES (33-36-12) at LIGHTNING (41-30-10)

SUN APR 9, 2017 @ 5:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 394)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 81 games
Johan Larsson (wrist, Jan. 3; injured reserve) – 45 games
Taylor Fedun (foot, March 20) – 9 games
Kyle Okposo (illness, March 28) – 5 games
Anders Nilsson (undisclosed, April 5) – 2 games
Marcus Foligno (knee, April 8) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
4/3: Recalled F Alexander Nylander from Rochester (AHL)
4/5: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL)
4/6: Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)
4/7: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL); Assigned D Brendan Guhle to Rochester (AHL) from Prince George (WHL)
4/8: Signed F Sean Malone to a two-year, entry-level contract

REMAINING GAMES
SEE YOU NEXT SEASON

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at LIGHTNING
This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Lightning this season.
Last meeting: Tampa Bay defeated Buffalo 2-1 in Buffalo on March 4
The Sabres are 1-8-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Lightning; 3-7-0 on the road.
This is the 94th game all-time between Buffalo and Tampa Bay; Buffalo has a 52-34-7 series record.
The Sabres are 28-16-3 on the road against the Lightning all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Coach praises Girgensons-Malone-Deslauriers line, while team admits it needs to be better. Recap: http://bufsabres.co/wEBJK4

C88ZfmaXUAAnWPR.jpg

Congratulations to all the fans of the Canadian teams that made the playoffs this year. Last year, not one of the seven qualified; this year five of them made the dance. This is a good thing for hockey.

Last night was a big night for the Sabres draft position. Both Dallas and (obviously) Florida won and jumped us in the standings, and Deteoit picked up 1 point. Buffalo went from picking 9th overall to 7th overall (would be 6th overall, but Las Vegas is in there now, and the worst they can pick is 6th overall).

If Buffalo loses tonight in regulation and Detroit wins their last ever game at Joe Louis Arena against a crappy New Jersey team, the Sabres will be picking 5th overall in the draft.

Rooting for a Detroit win and Buffalo loss today!

Last night was a big night for the Sabres draft position. Both Dallas and (obviously) Florida won and jumped us in the standings, and Deteoit picked up 1 point. Buffalo went from picking 9th overall to 7th overall (would be 6th overall, but Las Vegas is in there now, and the worst they can pick is 6th overall).

If Buffalo loses tonight in regulation and Detroit wins their last ever game at Joe Louis Arena against a crappy New Jersey team, the Sabres will be picking 5th overall in the draft.

I get your point about the gross draft order, but the lottery is the ultimate determining factor on who picks where.

Good info...thank you

I get your point about the gross draft order, but the lottery is the ultimate determining factor on who picks where.

Very true. Sabres could potentially fall a few spots if 3 teams picking after us won the draft lottery, although the odds of that happening are very small.

But I'd still much rather see them lose tonight and have the better odds at a higher draft pick.

Winning tonight puts us picking at 9th overall (and 9th best odds), losing puts us at 5th or 6th. That's a big difference IMO.

Good info...thank you

You're welcome!

Edited by BillsFan4

Buffalo loses and Detroit wins. Perfect for our draft position.

We should be picking 5th I believe, before the draft lottery that is. Maybe this will be the year we finally have some draft lottery luck...

Knowing our luck, and the NHL, we will probably get pushed down the full 3 spots we can fall...lol.

Very true. Sabres could potentially fall a few spots if 3 teams picking after us won the draft lottery, although the odds of that happening are very small.

But I'd still much rather see them lose tonight and have the better odds at a higher draft pick.

Winning tonight puts us picking at 9th overall (and 9th best odds), losing puts us at 5th or 6th. That's a big difference IMO.

You're welcome!

Don't worry. If Murray stick around you'll be able to root for this stuff again next year....and the following....and the following. You'll get the added bonus of watching a smug prick continuing to act like he knows what he is doing.

Buffalo loses and Detroit wins. Perfect for our draft position.

We should be picking 5th I believe, before the draft lottery that is. Maybe this will be the year we finally have some draft lottery luck...

Knowing our luck, and the NHL, we will probably get pushed down the full 3 spots we can fall...lol.

So 4th worst record in the NHL? Wow. What a great year.

Don't worry. If Murray stick around you'll be able to root for this stuff again next year....and the following....and the following. You'll get the added bonus of watching a smug prick continuing to act like he knows what he is doing.

So 4th worst record in the NHL? Wow. What a great year.

Eh. Time will tell. I have already told you how I feel about Murray, so I won't repeat it.

But I don't think Murray will get more than another season or two if things continue to go this bad. I heard a rumor that his leash is getting shorter already. Whether it's actually true or not, I do not know.

Same with Bylsma. I heard rumors that it's 50/50 he even survives this season.

And we had the 5th worst record. But all that separates 5th and 9th worst is like 1 point. All those teams in the 5-12 area all finished pretty close to one another. Then the 4 teams below us finished 8+ points behind Buffalo. So there are different tiers of bad... lol.

Hey, at least we are not Colorado! They finished with 48 points (we had 78). For reference, Buffalo finished with 52 & 54 points in their tank years, and that 52 point team was the worst the NHL had seen in a very long time. I believe they even set a record. So Colorado just set a new record for terrible... (and they have 10x the talent that the Buffalo tank teams had). Crazy stuff. I have no clue what happened with them this year.