Sirius Football Heads' Mock Draft Picks For Buffalo

R. Rich

i would be disappointed with both. terribly disappointed.

ragland is going to be a good enough nfl player, but not one worth the pick we will make him. there are better players that will be available, simply put.

and fuller does not have that high of a ceiling. he drops too much, he is too thin and frail. he will be a 3rd or 4th wr at best - no better than woods.

Thing about Ragland is he is big, strong and a smart player. But he isn't highly athletic. I would think he will be a good linebacker but I feel we could grab a similar player in the 2nd round. To me, first rounders should be pro bowlers at least 3-5 times in their careers (ideally). I can't see Ragland being that. I see him comparable to Donta Hightower.....a good linebacker, but nothing remarkable.

Thing about Ragland is he is big, strong and a smart player. But he isn't highly athletic. I would think he will be a good linebacker but I feel we could grab a similar player in the 2nd round. To me, first rounders should be pro bowlers at least 3-5 times in their careers (ideally). I can't see Ragland being that. I see him comparable to Donta Hightower.....a good linebacker, but nothing remarkable.

I think the general consensus is that there really aren't guys like that at all in this draft, save one or two

Hightower is really good, actually -- better than just good.

I would say Donta Hightower is a solid player but wouldn't call him really good. In 4 years he has 0 INTs, 2 Forced fumbles, and only 10 passed defensed. Not good at all. Not an impact player. That's something along the lines I would expect from Ragland. For a first round pick, that is not very good. . Now if we got him in the second round id be ecstatic for that, but to me that's a waste of a first rounder with the talent available at that point

I was just talking about lb from Alabama like 3 days ago

They benefit from an awesome dline in front of them. They are usually run stuffers at best

Do you think CJ Mosely is "at best a run stuffer?" Mosely is what we wished Kiko to be and 10x more. Ragland doesn't cover the pass as well as CJ, but he can cover some and he is MUCH stronger.

National title or not, I don't think that many understand the 2015 Crimson Tide.

They were great because of the defense, which had 8 or 9 players on the DL who were spectacular. It was hard for lbs to get many sacks in their system because the linemen were applying just so much pressure, and the dbs occasionally were sent in to blitz.

If there is any concern about Ragland, it is the 13 reps at the combines which was strange. Some say he was hurt but who knows? I do really think that he would take a far more active role on the Bills than he did on the Tide. I am NOT being a wiseass but Rex sends players such as Dareus and Mario Williams on pass coverage, or has them standing there jumping and waving in an idiotic system. Kirby Smart let his linemen do their job.

My point is that Ragland would have far more responsibilities on the Bills. I don't know how many games he would win us, nor how many games we even CAN win with Rex. What I DO know is that Ragland is a fine player who is big, strong, quick, smart, and listens to his coaches, and I have watched him in every game he has ever played at Alabama.

I think that your expectations that all first round draft choices should be Pro-Bowlers 3-5 times in their career is more than just a bit unrealistic. A team is doing well to get a good starting player in round 1. Yes, you hope that you can find a great player, but those are much more rare than you might expect.

I was just talking about lb from Alabama like 3 days ago

They benefit from an awesome dline in front of them. They are usually run stuffers at best

Do you think CJ Mosely is "at best a run stuffer?" Mosely is what we wished Kiko to be and 10x more. Ragland doesn't cover the pass as well as CJ, but he can cover some and he is MUCH stronger.National title or not, I don't think that many understand the 2015 Crimson Tide.They were great because of the defense, which had 8 or 9 players on the DL who were spectacular. It was hard for lbs to get many sacks in their system because the linemen were applying just so much pressure, and the dbs occasionally were sent in to blitz.If there is any concern about Ragland, it is the 13 reps at the combines which was strange. Some say he was hurt but who knows? I do really think that he would take a far more active role on the Bills than he did on the Tide. I am NOT being a wiseass but Rex sends players such as Dareus and Mario Williams on pass coverage, or has them standing there jumping and waving in an idiotic system. Kirby Smart let his linemen do their job.My point is that Ragland would have far more responsibilities on the Bills. I don't know how many games he would win us, nor how many games we even CAN win with Rex. What I DO know is that Ragland is a fine player who is big, strong, quick, smart, and listens to his coaches, and I have watched him in every game he has ever played at Alabama.

Im not sure which of you is right and until Ragland is on an NFL squad I don't think we will get much clarity. I've been wary of Ragland not only because of the talent in front of and around him, but also because it often seems like the Bama staff usually maximizes the level of play of their kids. I don't know how much he can still grow as a player and that's a big concern. The 13 reps is rough, too. But maybe he will be quality player with a more even level of talent around and against him. Maybe he will still be able to develop and improve. Maybe he will be more CJ Mosley than Courtney Upshaw. But I'll be concerned if he's the pick and I won't rest easy until I see him perform well as an NFL player because I can't get a good read on him and I think there is a lot of risk with him. Edited by BarleyNY