Talkin' Baseball -- 2016

KD in CA

Yankee fans: Are you enjoying the youngsters as much as I am?

Absolutely love the direction of this team.

Whattya say?

Sox Fan: I am impressed with the decisions you guys made at the deadline, things are trending up in NY. Would like to see two good young ball clubs reignite the rivalry.

Sox Fan: I am impressed with the decisions you guys made at the deadline, things are trending up in NY. Would like to see two good young ball clubs reignite the rivalry.

Good take. It certainly has been stale. An injection of youth could be the cure.

The Sox, even with Papi retiring, are seemingly in good hands what with Bradley, Betts, Boegarts, Benitendi and others coming. A dynamic group of young, likable talent.

• 4 weeks later...

Sox look like they're well on their way.

Yanks - thanks for making beezball enjoyable again.

It will be interesting to see how the pitching holds up in the playoffs, I'm not high on Price but hopeful

The Yanks are going to be fun next year I'm glad the book is finally closed on Arod. It must have been refreshing to watch everything post trade deadline. Cheers to 17' and more meaningful games between the two teams.

It will be interesting to see how the pitching holds up in the playoffs, I'm not high on Price but hopeful

The Yanks are going to be fun next year I'm glad the book is finally closed on Arod. It must have been refreshing to watch everything post trade deadline. Cheers to 17' and more meaningful games between the two teams.

You know what - maybe this is the year Price gets it right in the playoffs. He was maligned up to until the last quarter of this season. Looks like he's on track. They're as good as anyone in the AL to move on.

Boston knocked NY out with the sweep a week ago and look to clinch the division and drink champagne at the Stadium - whoa is me.

What a sad day with the death of Fernandez. What a good kid and how very talented he seemed.

Utterly shocking.

sad indeed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've lost two WS in game 7's in extra innings, this along with my Bills fandom is almost too much to take. I'm still shellshocked

I'll tell you Ohio, the better team in the end won the series. The tribe had a few chances, but the cubs lineup was just too potent. I do feel for you, no doubt about it.