Ongoing MMA Thread

Dana was on several different shows yesterday saying that the report is 100% false, but why would he admit it.

In other news, Anderson Silva had emergency surgery yesterday to have his gall bladder removed, so he won't be fighting on the card this weekend. It should still be a good card though.

As long as they don't sell to the Chinese, I'm good, they aren't trustworthy when it comes to business. Our company worked out a deal with them and then they didn't follow through and they flat out said it is OK to lie in business to get what you want. Plus we have sold out to them enough already.

Unfortunate for Silva.

Really hope Stipe wins as have been rooting for him since he came on the scene. Heavyweight needs some fresh blood.

As long as they don't sell to the Chinese, I'm good, they aren't trustworthy when it comes to business. Our company worked out a deal with them and then they didn't follow through and they flat out said it is OK to lie in business to get what you want. Plus we have sold out to them enough already.

Unfortunate for Silva.

Really hope Stipe wins as have been rooting for him since he came on the scene. Heavyweight needs some fresh blood.

I'm also rooting for Stipe. He and Cain (if he can stay healthy which is debatable) are the best HW's in the world and I'd really like to see them fight.

Ultimate Fighting Championship parent company Zuffa LLC is in “advanced talks” to sell the UFC, according to a report from ESPN.com.

ESPN reports that at least four companies have submitted bids to purchase the Las Vegas-based organization, and that the UFC’s final valuation could land between $3.5 and $4 billion.

The bidders reportedly on the short list of potential purchasers are: Blackstone Group, an American corporation based in New York City; China Media Capital, a state-backed venture capital firm based in Beijing; WME/IMG, a management company which represents numerous athletes, including former UFC champion Ronda Rousey; and Dalian Wanda Group, a Chinese conglomerate which last year purchased Hollywood’s Legendary Entertainment for a rumored $3.5 billion.

ESPN’s sources marked Dalian Wanda as the front-runner in the bidding to purchase UFC, which Zuffa acquired from Semaphore Entertainment in 2001 for only $2 million.

Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-Zuffa-in-Advanced-Talks-to-Sell-UFC-Winning-Bid-Could-Total-3634-Billion-104761#EWEmCSxjVHfZZ2Qg.99

If that's the case, it may go down as one of the best business stories of all time.

I'm also rooting for Stipe. He and Cain (if he can stay healthy which is debatable) are the best HW's in the world and I'd really like to see them fight.

That would be a good fight.

To me the heavyweights are the worst division because I see A LOT of sloppy technique that would get them killed in the lower weights, but since there is no great Heavyweight no one has to step up their game. Also many would be "heavyweights" play other sports or "wrestling" further diluting the talent pool.

Really wish Brock didn't have Diverticulitis, He had the most talent of anybody. He may have lost the belt but I think he would eventually learn other skills to regain the crown.

That would be a good fight.

To me the heavyweights are the worst division because I see A LOT of sloppy technique that would get them killed in the lower weights, but since there is no great Heavyweight no one has to step up their game. Also many would be "heavyweights" play other sports or "wrestling" further diluting the talent pool.

Really wish Brock didn't have Diverticulitis, He had the most talent of anybody. He may have lost the belt but I think he would eventually learn other skills to regain the crown.

Lesnar had elite athletic skills but he was a bully who couldn't deal with getting hit.

The heavyweight division is deeper than it's ever been, which probably isn't saying much. Remember when Tim Silvia was the champion. I bet Dana cringes every time that era is mentioned.

Lesnar had elite athletic skills but he was a bully who couldn't deal with getting hit.

The heavyweight division is deeper than it's ever been, which probably isn't saying much. Remember when Tim Silvia was the champion. I bet Dana cringes every time that era is mentioned.

:lol: love watching Randy beat him for the Belt, who is my all time favorite fighter even though he wasn't the greatest, just loved his style and toughness.

it wasn't about being hit, his diverticulitis ruined him as he was unable to train properly and then after having a portion of his intestine removed made him vulnerable to body blows. It was obvious after the Overeem fight that he was not able to take those shots, which is a shame because he brought talent and stardom to the division.

it wasn't about being hit, his diverticulitis ruined him as he was unable to train properly and then after having a portion of his intestine removed made him vulnerable to body blows. It was obvious after the Overeem fight that he was not able to take those shots, which is a shame because he brought talent and stardom to the division.

Really? So he wins the belt from Carwin after the bout with diverticulitis (mostly because Carwin adrenaline dumped), then gets absolutely embarrassed in both fights after people got some tape on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px4fOMFwros

He may have brought name recognition but he was far more of a sideshow freak than an MMA fighter.

Really? So he wins the belt from Carwin after the bout with diverticulitis (mostly because Carwin adrenaline dumped), then gets absolutely embarrassed in both fights after people got some tape on him.

He may have brought name recognition but he was far more of a sideshow freak than an MMA fighter.

This pretty much sums it up. He was never good at getting hit.

I thought he had the surgery after Carwin? Anyway he was far from a sideshow as he was a Natinonal Champion wrestler for the university of Minesota, but it's water under the bridge now.

Where is Rogan? got lost on a bong run?

Just started the main card Good fight by Bryan Barbereana, kid is very tough and showed big heart by pouring it on in the final round.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! The pride of Cleveland wins the UFC World Championship!!!

Devastating short right hand while backing up by Stipe to put Werdum out on his feet.

Cleveland gets off the schnide and gets a world champion.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Stipe Miocic: I Wanted to End Cleveland Sports Curse at UFC 198
“I wanted to put an end to the curse,” Miocic said at the post-fight press conference, referencing the unfathomable bad fortune Cleveland has had in sports dating back to the Korean War. “I just wanted to go in there and do my job. I didn’t carry the weight of Cleveland on my shoulders but I did want to end the curse.”

Miocic, who revealed at the presser that he will remain a fireman in his home city for the foreseeable future, said he isn’t worried about the suspected curse that the UFC’s heavyweight division has been maligned with. Dating back to when Brock Lesnar was the champ, whoever has held the title has been swamped in injuries and inactivity. Miocic scoffed at such a notion.

“I train too hard for that to happen,” he said. “I want to keep this belt for a long time. Cleveland has a curse with their sports teams but I will keep this for a while.”
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Stipe-Miocic-I-Wanted-to-End-Cleveland-Sports-Curse-at-UFC-198-105001#kv1REIdmY0bficEA.99

If I hadn't known better, I would have assumed that Miocic was the defending champ based on how much more composed he seemed than Werdum.

I think he was nervous-over-relaxed , which sound like an oxymoron but when a fighter acts totally different than their normal then it's just their way of being nervous even if they think they aren't. Sometimes your mind plays tricks on you.

"Joe Rogan’s days as a UFC commentator could be numbered.

The longtime UFC commentator and analyst, one of the most popular personalities in the sport, recently revealed his contract with the organization is set to expire in August – and he’s non-committal about whether he’ll re-up.

“My contract’s up in August. I might leave in August,” Rogan said on “The Joe Rogan Experience” podcast. “It’s possible. I like doing sh-t that scares me. I like doing stuff – I like taking chances in that I like walking away from things. I like doing that. I like experiencing new things. You open up new doors, your mind starts firing in a different way. I’m not a big fan of doing the same sh-t over and over and over again."

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/12/joe-rogan-says-ufc-contract-complete-in-august-unsure-if-hell-return-to-commentary

"Bellator lightweight champion Will Brooks (17-1 MMA, 9-1 BMMA) has been released from the California-based promotion and is now a free agent. Additionally, heavyweight champ Vitaly Minakov (17-0 MMA, 5-0 BMMA) has been stripped of his title due to inactivity but will remain under contract with the company."

http://mmajunkie.com/2016/05/bellator-grants-lightweight-champ-will-brooks-immediate-release-strips-heavyweight-champ-vitaly-minakov

You have to be kidding? Ive never seen a fighter hate getting hit as much as Lesnar, he'd litterally run away from someone hitting him. His downfall had nothing tomdomwith his medical condition.

He literally ran into his punches lol

Yeah, for some reason he had no respect for Miocic's striking. I'm guessing he does now.

Vitor Belfort is a shell of himself without PEDs, antidoping Nazis costing athletes millions.

Fabricio has the lamest walk out music ever.

Nazis? Yeah, I dont have a problem at all with them getting rid of TRT (and I think Belfort was doing more than just TRT replacement.) A guy nearing 40 shouldn't be on the same level as guys in their prime simply because of some drugs and most of these guys who need that theorpy mostly need it because they ravaged their systems with steroids earlier in life. Edited by MDH

You have to be kidding? Ive never seen a fighter hate getting hit as much as Lesnar, he'd litterally run away from someone hitting him. His downfall had nothing tomdomwith his medical condition.

Yeah, for some reason he had no respect for Miocic's striking. I'm guessing he does now.

Nazis? Yeah, I dont have a problem at all with them getting rid of TRT (and I think Belfort was doing more than just TRT replacement.) A guy nearing 40 shouldn't be on the same level as guys in their prime simply because of some drugs and most of these guys who need that theorpy mostly need it because they ravaged their systems with steroids earlier in life.

some steroids have less side effects than natural testosterone, but you knew that.