Liberal Protests

B-Man

On 6/20/2022 at 8:50 PM, Doc said:

I've been to Chicago a few times.  I never got mugged, shot or killed when travelling in my car to my destination in broad daylight, entering the store I wanted to visit and quickly going back to my car.  Everything is fine there.

I've never been to Chicago.  I went to Times Square once in the 1980s when it was still gross.  That experience and a carefully curated twitter following that feeds me stories of violence and decay in Democrat run cities has shaped my views of urban America.  Its a nightmarish, hellscape there.  

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

100 years from now, abortion will be viewed with the same disgust that slavery is today.

You're so wrong so often that it's redundant to point it out.

On 6/20/2022 at 9:50 PM, Doc said:

I've been to Chicago a few times.  I never got mugged, shot or killed when travelling in my car to my destination in broad daylight, entering the store I wanted to visit and quickly going back to my car.  Everything is fine there.

Chicago's a blast! Buddy Guy's is an amazing place for Blues.

Try not to be so scared next time you go and you might have fun!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Precision said:

What the over/under on the cost of damages from the peaceful protests tonight?  Always nice to have urban bonfires in the summer!

What would you say in the costs? I mean how much damage did you see at the many Pride Parades you have seen? 

4 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What would you say in the costs? I mean how much damage did you see at the many Pride Parades you have seen? 

Did you just compare a parade to a protest? I get that you are pro-left but let’s not pretend that the protests that happened in cities across the US were “parade” like. 

I’ll never understand how people can be so far left or right to not be able to see the flaws and problems. Right now, I see so many defending everything “left” and refuse to criticize this administration. It’s ok to be a democrat and at the same time, open your eyes and admit this country is not in good shape. And I suppose the comeback will be “well look at Trump.” It’s been 1.5 years since Trump and at some point, if you blamed trump you have to blame Biden. 

For all of Trumps faults, and he had plenty, his term had nowhere near the impact on my income as Biden. My retirement is down. My disposable income is down. Violence is up. What is going well? You would likely have had to have received a $10,000 a year raise in the last 365 days just to be where you were this time last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

I never saw any damage at a Pride Parade, inappropriate behavior but no damage.  That's really quite the anti LGBTQ statement coming from you! 

You do understand the difference between protests that destroy property/lives and parades that display inappropriate behavior?  I am against both but in no way equate the two.

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

I never saw any damage at a Pride Parade, inappropriate behavior but no damage.  That's really quite the anti LGBTQ statement coming from you! 

You do understand the difference between protests that destroy property/lives and parades that display inappropriate behavior?  I am against both but in no way equate the two.

What property has been destroyed today? 

13 minutes ago, billsfan5121 said:

Did you just compare a parade to a protest? I get that you are pro-left but let’s not pretend that the protests that happened in cities across the US were “parade” like. 

I’ll never understand how people can be so far left or right to not be able to see the flaws and problems. Right now, I see so many defending everything “left” and refuse to criticize this administration. It’s ok to be a democrat and at the same time, open your eyes and admit this country is not in good shape. And I suppose the comeback will be “well look at Trump.” It’s been 1.5 years since Trump and at some point, if you blamed trump you have to blame Biden. 

For all of Trumps faults, and he had plenty, his term had nowhere near the impact on my income as Biden. My retirement is down. My disposable income is down. Violence is up. What is going well? You would likely have had to have received a $10,000 a year raise in the last 365 days just to be where you were this time last year. 

Stfu 

7 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Chicago's a blast! Buddy Guy's is an amazing place for Blues.

It certainly is.  I was in Chicago for bidness a couple of times and went to Buddy Guy's on Monday night to sit in at the blues jam. The first time the Cheese were in town for a Monday nighter at Soldier Field. The place was rockin'. After the game a lot of fans came in after the game. The second time I went I met Buddy.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/20/2022 at 9:50 PM, Doc said:

Hmm. Sounds idyllic.