Liberal Protests

B-Man

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Has anyone yet said what exactly it is they need to make the situation better? 

Is there a respectable leader in Antifa that can capture the hearts and minds of Americans the way MLK did that cares to elaborate?  

Arrest the cops involved ?

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Is there a respectable leader in Antifa that can capture the hearts and minds of Americans the way MLK did that cares to elaborate?  

There's no leaders of antifa, and no formal structure. So any moron can show up to public demonstrations clad in black and do whatever they want...

I did hear a leading civil rights attorney, Lee Merritt, articulate two needs to address unjust killing of people at the hands of the police.

One is federal legislation that revokes implied immunity so that officers need to have actual threats to administer lethal force. Under current law, officers only need the say they believed there was a threat to their lives to be found not guilty of wrong death. 

So objective guidelines in the use of lethal force is one rather than subjective standards. 

And two, they are pushing for comminity review boards of police conduct so that the community has the right to review the actions of officers who police them. 

Edited by Motorin'

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

??????????????

No really.....

??????????????

This was sarcasm right?  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I say this sincerely.  Newsome and Feinstein could not give a &$#@ about a guy murdered if he’s not the right type of victim. While they are quick to paint all police with a broad brush, you get the obligatory “don’t conflate” protests with heinous act.  Suddenly, we’re rational.   &$#@ing disgraceful. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Why would the governor lie and say 80% of the people were not from Minnesota? <_<

And, only 45 people were arrested!!!

article link

The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.

Six had out-of-state address, and one person didn't have address information listed.

City and state officials have repeatedly said over the past day that most rioters are from out of state. Gov. Tim Walz said Saturday morning that as many as 80 percent of the people were outsiders.

The 45 people reviewed by FOX 9 were arrested by Minneapolis Police, the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, University of Minnesota Police, or Minnesota State Patrol.

</snip>

Speaking Saturday, Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder, however, said that sometimes people arrested will provide false information. He says background checks are showing some people arrested have records from other areas.

</snip>

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Why would the governor lie and say 80% of the people were not from Minnesota? <_<

And, only 45 people were arrested!!!

article link

The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.

Six had out-of-state address, and one person didn't have address information listed.

City and state officials have repeatedly said over the past day that most rioters are from out of state. Gov. Tim Walz said Saturday morning that as many as 80 percent of the people were outsiders.

The 45 people reviewed by FOX 9 were arrested by Minneapolis Police, the Hennepin County Sheriff's Office, University of Minnesota Police, or Minnesota State Patrol.

</snip>

Speaking Saturday, Minneapolis police spokesman John Elder, however, said that sometimes people arrested will provide false information. He says background checks are showing some people arrested have records from other areas.

</snip>

...the other 3,746 showed their "Soros ID"........free pass............

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There's no leaders of antifa, and no formal structure. So any moron can show up to public demonstrations clad in black and do whatever they want...

I did hear a leading civil rights attorney, Lee Merritt, articulate two needs to address the I just killing of people at the hands of the police.

One is federal legislation that revokes implied immunity so that officers need to have actual threats to administer lethal force. Under current law, officers only need the to state the subjective belief of danger to their lives to be found not guilty of wrong death. 

So stricter guidelines in the use of lethal force is one.

And two, they are pushing for comminity review boards of police conduct so that the community has the right to review the actions of officers who police them. 

Sure, makes perfect sense.  Let’s have the officer wait to be sure the bullet has pierced his skull before he seeks to protect himself.  

And sure, I can’t think of any reason why a separate tribunal can’t be set up at this time to review whatever they want.  They can call it  a Title 10 Board, 9 is already taken. One caveat, the members of the board must be immune from criticism or rules that apply to anyone else.  

You know what would be cool too?  A community review  board that has the right to kick the nuts in of any scumbag who burns down someone’s house, car or place of employment.  In fact any vandalism at all should result in a good nut mashin’.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I talked to my mom yesterday and after chatting for a bit she asked me what I thought about Floyd's death.  I said it was murder and that the cop should be arrested (he was, later in the day).  I then said that protesting was fine, but rioting and looting were not.  She vehemently disagreed with me, which I thought was odd for her.  She called me just a few minutes ago and asked "is there any rioting in your area?"  I told her no and she said that Rochester is on fire.  I said "good, that's what you wanted."  She was taken aback and tried to say that one night was okay but that more that was wrong.  I said you give someone free reign to do this type of stuff without penalty and they'll keep doing it, especially with Wuhan virus shutting things down and people bored.  She reluctantly had to admit I was right from the beginning.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

LA has a curfew now, but only in four block radius in downtown. Garcetti just announced it. 

Why do we need a curfew when we’re already cowering at home from the invisible corona killer? Is this now a double secret lockdown? Where’s Dean Warmer? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1