Liberal Protests

B-Man

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

i beg to differ.  there is no such thing as bad tang

I told a friend that sex is like pizza. Even when it’s bad it’s good. She said “oh no, I’ve had bad pizza!”  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

I told a friend that sex is like pizza. Even when it’s bad it’s good. She said “oh no, I’ve had bad pizza!”  

As someone who took one for the team this past weekend, i can tell you sometimes it's just bad.

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Damn. Thin white dead males need to check their privilege.

and the organs in your body aren't always in that spot or that distinctive shade of green and pink and blue

1 hour ago, Hedge said:

I think we know which Hollywood writer this wasn't.:beer:

From the article: 

Stein has been researching political tribalism for his upcoming book, oddly titled "In Defense of Elitism." He admits that his research has led him to see some Trump supporters in a different light, such as when he visited Miami, Texas, only to find out that the people there were so nice that they "fed me in their homes or paid the server before our check arrived."

"I worry that my side isn’t as friendly," Stein admits. "We’ve harassed politicians out of restaurants, chanted threats outside a Fox News anchor’s home, and gone off on me for asking other parents if putting on a play about Native Americans despite the fact that there are no Native Americans in our school is really that evil."

Image result for duh gif funny

And then by the end of his experiment his takeaway: 

"The far right has become so normalized that no one said anything to a guy in a MAGA hat at Café Gratitude," Stein concludes. "I Am Not Sure How Great That Is."

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

From the article: 

Stein has been researching political tribalism for his upcoming book, oddly titled "In Defense of Elitism." He admits that his research has led him to see some Trump supporters in a different light, such as when he visited Miami, Texas, only to find out that the people there were so nice that they "fed me in their homes or paid the server before our check arrived."

"I worry that my side isn’t as friendly," Stein admits. "We’ve harassed politicians out of restaurants, chanted threats outside a Fox News anchor’s home, and gone off on me for asking other parents if putting on a play about Native Americans despite the fact that there are no Native Americans in our school is really that evil."

Tell us something we've not discussed ad nauseam here.  Just look at the where most of the nasty posts here come from.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I guess when she was young and sweet people wanted to have sex with her. Now that she's just a beech nobody wants her, so blaming Trump for it is pretty much par for the course with dems.

The Day of Reckoning Is at Hand

by George Parry

Original Article

What happened last night was a warning to all conservatives on campus:

if you don't shut up and kowtow to leftist orthodoxy, you will be shouted down, silenced, and physically assaulted.

I'm encouraged to see the student has been charged.

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The Day of Reckoning Is at Hand

by George Parry

Original Article

What happened last night was a warning to all conservatives on campus:

if you don't shut up and kowtow to leftist orthodoxy, you will be shouted down, silenced, and physically assaulted.

I'm encouraged to see the student has been charged.

the conservatives are busy STUDYING for useful STEM degrees and don't have time to worry about the correct way to dance around a Maypole for their "college years"

PUNCH BACK TWICE AS HARD: Protesters shut down Johns Hopkins building for a week. Here’s how students can sue them.

Activists chained all entrances shut and prevented anyone from entering. After ultimately breaching the building, authorities arrested five occupiers inside.

The private Baltimore university stated that the suped-up sit-in evoked “major safety risks” and “severely disrupted university services,” yet prosecutors have already ruled out charging those who were arrested or involved in the occupation.

When the state refuses to get involved, what’s the best way for a college community to discourage protesters from engaging in lengthy shutdowns? According to one law professor, community members should file civil lawsuits against them.

“The fact that the criminal actors are students, and that the criminal acts occurred on a college campus, should not alter the basic principles creating legal liability for engaging in a criminal act,” George Washington University’s John Banzhaf said in a phone interview with The College Fix.

The public interest lawyer, best known for his legal crusades against smoking and in favor of more public toilets for women, is floating the idea of filing a civil lawsuit on behalf of individuals negatively affected by the suped-up sit in.

Banzhaf has recent case law to cite. Last month a federal appeals court ruled that a Black Lives Matter organizer could be sued by a police officer who suffered injury during the illegal highway blockages he led.

There are a lot of civil rights lawsuits waiting to be filed.

by Glenn Reynolds permalink.gif